• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read this article dad? Ask the Monkey – Why Expansion | Big 12 Fanatics

I think, from the sounds of things, that it is dead on. The Big XII isn't really looking to expand, just get a better Tier 1 deal. The threat of expansion might just get the conference a couple million more without actually adding anyone.

Remember, college football has nothing to do with football and everything to do with money.
Interesting article, I think they really DO want to expand by two, though, so they can break into divisions for the championship game. The downsides of a guaranteed rematch with only 10 outweigh any upside. I guess we will just have to speculate until some move is made.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, we pour piss all over the old BE, call ole dad names for saying the B12 is reacting exactly as the old BE, but cheer the B12 for looking to expand with BE and lesser schools........I guess it doesn't matter in the long run, I still think in 5-10 years there will not be a B12 anyway.......

I don't think anyone on here pours piss on the OLD Big East...it's the one we left that was watered down and weak. I still think adding BYU and Houston (even though we only have a small sample size with Herman as HC) is not watering down the conference. I think if Houston gets an invite, Herman will stay. Who knows...going through this whole process of eliminating candidates one by one could be a ploy to get a payday for NOT expanding.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone on here pours piss on the OLD Big East...it's the one we left that was watered down and weak. I still think adding BYU and Houston (even though we only have a small sample size with Herman as HC) is not watering down the conference. I think if Houston gets an invite, Herman will stay. Who knows...going through this whole process of eliminating candidates one by one could be a ploy to get a payday for NOT expanding.
It really does make me wonder what the hold up is. I hope its either A: we are going to 16 teams or B: we are trying to merge with another P5 conference. Otherwise this just seems like a HUGE waste of everyone's time. We all pretty much know who the best G5 candidates are already.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Ole Dad got a good laugh from someone nipping on his troll bait.

The rumor mill is strong on this one. Seems to be issues with any school getting the 8 votes. An insider move between UH and UT seems to have hit a snag. OU favors UC for some strange reason.

If it is BYU and UH, I think the conference has chosen the two best schools. However, I will be disappointed that WVU will be left on an eastern island... and BYU will be out there on a western island.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday the word was the the PAC held a meeting with Houston. I know that Houston doesn't make sense as far as TV markets go but I think that they're on the upswing and would be one of the best choices as far as being competitive in a P5 conference. Adding them would also give Tom Herman a reason to stay in Houston and continue to build a strong program which would be good for the conference. I also like BYU and Colorado State as well. I know none of these teams help us as the geographical red-headed step child of the Big XII but the thoughts of adding sub-par teams like USF, UCF, UCONN, or Memphis just doesn't stir my chili. If I had to choose an east region team to partner with WVU, would be Cincinnati. Do you guys think that our recruiting would take a hit if Cincinnati or a Florida school was added? That would add more P5 schools in the areas that we have always recruited pretty well over the years which in turn would add more competition. If we were a blue blood program, I wouldn't worry but if we start losing recruits to UC or UCF, that would not be good.

Huh? Houston is a top 5 market in the U.S.

Whomever gets Houston is golden, I want them in the SEC, but since we just added A&M, that's probably not happening.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bobby Petrino's return to Louisville look like a stroke of genius. Putting aside Petrino's personal failings and the fact he left Louisville with discipline problems after his first stint, he's still one of the best offensive coaches in football.

Wow...how could anyone tee up an article and hail hiring Bobby Petrino a stroke of genius...he is the poster child of what is wrong in College Athletics from a morality standpoint..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pointing out what "they" are saying about us, Slaton. Petrino is a piece of crap, but he IS a football coach! There have been MANY articles the past few weeks pointing out what a horrible mistake the B12 made in choosing WVU over UL, some make good points, others are just piling on as it is a hot topic with UL having success on the field.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pointing out what "they" are saying about us, Slaton. Petrino is a piece of crap, but he IS a football coach! There have been MANY articles the past few weeks pointing out what a horrible mistake the B12 made in choosing WVU over UL, some make good points, others are just piling on as it is a hot topic with UL having success on the field.

LOL!..the only mistake...if you believe any were made was not taking both teams... instead of pondering if the likes of UCF or Cinncy end up in the conference

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!..the only mistake...if you believe any were made was not taking both teams... instead of pondering if the likes of UCF or Cinncy end up in the conference
I didn't understand it either, Slaton. Should have been UL, WVU, TCU and BYU at the time, immediately been back up to 12, a CCG, and on par with the other leagues. The B12 needs a Delaney or Swofford running the show instead of a Tranghesi not sure about spelling, but you get the point.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand it either, Slaton. Should have been UL, WVU, TCU and BYU at the time, immediately been back up to 12, a CCG, and on par with the other leagues. The B12 needs a Delaney or Swofford running the show instead of a Tranghesi not sure about spelling, but you get the point.

Totally agree...We would've had one helluva conference then! I know it was only been 5 years ago, but I don't think BYU would have faced as much scrutiny or any at all from the media about their stance on the LGBT community at that time either. It seems like most of that has happened over the past 2 or 3 years. Politics, the PC police and religion will probably keep BYU out of the Big XII. Which is sad because I honestly think that if ND was trying to join a P5 conference, nobody would bat an eye over their policies...which from what I hear are pretty similar to BYU's.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is a lock after they bitch slapped the best team in the conference.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH, USF, and UConn all have wins over "P5" teams so far this season. USF is also undefeated with a win over Syracuse that was about as impressive as UL's was over the Orange. They play Jimbo and FSU this week in Tampa, we'll get to see how they measure up. UCF lost to Maryland in OT last week and look a lot better under the new coach.