• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Big 10 Championship: (6) Wisconsin vs (7) Penn State 8PM EST Fox

Who do you have winning?

• Wisconsin

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Penn State

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT Ohio st LOST to said team, while said team won the division and conference. I mean all we're doing is going in circles here so I'm good to just agreeing to disagreeing. See, THIS is why I made that thread about this whole committee process. Everyone feels that their own opinion/theory is right, and that's no way to decide a playoff spot
Right, but OSU has lost only 1 game and PSU has lost 2... and their 1 loss was to a top 10 team on the road after that team had a bye...and needed a blocked FG returned for a TD to win... One of Penn States losses was by 39 to Michigan and to Pitt....which if they are champ caliber, they don't lose to them...same with Mich and Iowa...it is what it is

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk about this then just take tOSU out of the equation. The committee was saying that it was a tough choice putting Michigan (who lost 2 of their last 3 games) ahead of UW in the last rankings. They never had any intention of going with Michigan. It was just setting things up that the Big 10 was a much stronger conference and it made sense for them to snub the Pac 12 for two teams from the Big 10. And by the way, the Big 10 has fourteen fucking teams and the Big 12 has 10 fucking teams. Just rename the shit. It's supposed to be college, right? I know that most of the football players are strained after they run out of fingers but lets at least pretend the numbers mean something. The Pac 12 should get the nod for fucking adapting better than either of them. But I digress. UW won 41-10 against #8. Penn St. and Clemson squeaked victories out. So unless the committee calls out Clemson for not really doing anything spectacular this year I'm going to scream bloody murder if UW gets snubbed because it would be bullshit.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Penn State! Fantastic coaching job and WOW what a performance by those kids. As mad as I am about the outcome, that was a hell of a performance.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did your secondary get dismantled like that? They were not that awful the entire year.

The normal starters were fine. PSU just used five receivers and we were forced to go to five DBs. Then they ran routes against the #5 DB. Wilcox (our DC) left #5 out to dry, and they got killed one on one. Three of the four passing TDs and probably about 275 yards were on Figaro or Jameson. They are both backups who rarely see the field.

Again, I'm not sure our #1 CB was targeted once. PSU focused on our defense's only weakness and we refused to adjust. This one is entirely on Wilcox.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The normal starters were fine. PSU just used five receivers and we were forced to go to five DBs. Then they ran routes against the #5 DB. Wilcox (our DC) left #5 out to dry, and they got killed one on one. Three of the four passing TDs and probably about 275 yards were on Figaro or Jameson. They are both backups who rarely see the field.

Again, I'm not sure our #1 CB was targeted once. PSU focused on our defense's only weakness and we refused to adjust. This one is entirely on Wilcox.
Penn State's OC really saved Franklin's job this season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk about this then just take tOSU out of the equation. The committee was saying that it was a tough choice putting Michigan (who lost 2 of their last 3 games) ahead of UW in the last rankings. They never had any intention of going with Michigan. It was just setting things up that the Big 10 was a much stronger conference and it made sense for them to snub the Pac 12 for two teams from the Big 10. And by the way, the Big 10 has fourteen fucking teams and the Big 12 has 10 fucking teams. Just rename the shit. It's supposed to be college, right? I know that most of the football players are strained after they run out of fingers but lets at least pretend the numbers mean something. The Pac 12 should get the nod for fucking adapting better than either of them. But I digress. UW won 41-10 against #8. Penn St. and Clemson squeaked victories out. So unless the committee calls out Clemson for not really doing anything spectacular this year I'm going to scream bloody murder if UW gets snubbed because it would be bullshit.
I hope they don't go just because you're omitting the facts that you don't like... Penn St might have only won by a TD today, but it was vs #6...and nobody gives a shit about how many teams are in a conference and if it's significant to their name, except for some anal nerd..

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU...Washington is in so quit being a little bitch and bashing PSU when that shit is not relevant to this year's playoffs.

They weren't. The ideal solution was that Penn St. would win convincingly and they could say that Penn St. was the champ of a better conference and it made sense to take both teams. That's not how it played out. They are never going to take Penn St. over tOSU. That was never going to happen. And Michigan was never going to go. They were just putting them up there so hopefully things would play out convincingly in this game and whoever won would leapfrog UW. That's not how it played out. Now they'd have to say that UW got screwed even though 2 teams (Penn St. and Clemson) were involved in a couple of barn-burners while they stomped their opponent. IF there were 8 teams then this wouldn't be an issue. But the bottom line is that tOSU was going no matter what. Penn St. could have beaten Wisconsin by like 150 points and it wouldn't change that fact.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was, the 5 yard comeback on their FG drive in the 4th...but that's football, find the weakness and exploit it...and I agree it's on Wilcox for not continuing to pressure McSorely..that was idiocy and he just shit himself in the 2nd half...unreal

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson lost to Pitt. Should we vote in Pitt?
Washington lost to USC. Should we vote in USC?
Penn State also lost to Pitt, obviously Pitt is a shoe-in, right?
Those teams aren't in any argument so clearly no. Ohio st and Penn st is, so the only thing we have left is to pick nits, and decide what's more important to us in said debate

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't go just because you're omitting the facts that you don't like... Penn St might have only won by a TD today, but it was vs #6...and nobody gives a shit about how many teams are in a conference and if it's significant to their name, except for some anal nerd..

Yeah, and Colorado was #8 and they got stomped. What's your point?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and Colorado was #8 and they got stomped. What's your point?
My point is nobody give a shit about your arguments...anyone can post all the reasons their team deserves it, maybe post the negatives like that Charmin soft schedule you guys played...or getting BTFO by USC or any of the other negatives.. better yet, go away

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that scares the crap out of me is that we lose Shelton and Musso next year. We'll bring back nine offensive starters, 5/7 of our insane front seven and we're gonna lose three games because our DBs can't stop a fucking jump ball.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I never made the connection until now that my name might make it seem like I'm a Penn St fan. I am not.

SU Nittany Tide is Homer Simpson's college team.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams aren't in any argument so clearly no. Ohio st and Penn st is, so the only thing we have left is to pick nits, and decide what's more important to us in said debate
What's important is who has played better this year, and it is clearly OSU. The only way PSU makes it is if momentum trumps resume.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's important is who has played better this year, and it is clearly OSU. The only way PSU makes it is if momentum trumps resume.
And the whole division champion, conference champion, head to head win things.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is nobody give a shit about your arguments...anyone can post all the reasons their team deserves it, maybe post the negatives like that Charmin soft schedule you guys played...or getting BTFO by USC or any of the other negatives.. better yet, go away

Any of the other negatives? They have one loss. To USC who's loaded with 5 star recruits. They closed out against #8 Colorado and completely overpowered them. And they'd beat either of the teams that played tonight because they're better. Their secondary would never give up the plays that either team did. They might have 3 first rounders in that secondary right now. I'd say they were the best in the country but Alabama is fucking stout back there as well.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the whole division champion, conference champion, head to head win things.

If a three point home win on a blocked kick outweighs having fewer losses on a harder schedule with better margin of victory, I have no idea what the point of a committee is. OSU did better in the OSU-MICHIGAN-PSU circle. They did better in the rest of their schedules. Neither of those principles are remotely debatable. And that's it. That's the entirety of their resumes.

Again, the only legitimate PSU argument is that they have momentum today and they are better now, with today deserving the greatest weight. The overall resumes aren't close.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a three point home win on a blocked kick outweighs having fewer losses on a harder schedule with better margin of victory, I have no idea what the point of a committee is. OSU did better in the OSU-MICHIGAN-PSU circle. They did better in the rest of their schedules. Neither of those principles are remotely debatable. And that's it. That's the entirety of their resumes.

Again, the only legitimate PSU argument is that they have momentum today and they are better now, with today deserving the greatest weight. The overall resumes aren't close.
Then Ohio State had no fucking right being in the playoffs in 2014 and they can forfeit their title to Oregon. That is the ONLY reason they made it in over TCU that year.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of the other negatives? They have one loss. To USC who's loaded with 5 star recruits. They closed out against #8 Colorado and completely overpowered them. And they'd beat either of the teams that played tonight because they're better. Their secondary would never give up the plays that either team did. They might have 3 first rounders in that secondary right now. I'd say they were the best in the country but Alabama is fucking stout back there as well.
Right, but USC is a 7-3 team and you lost...PSU lost to a 6-4 team that also beat a top 5 opponent this year...so that kind of balances out...right?? This one time, I was walking down the road and there was a dog lying in the ditch licking his balls. My buddy said, "damn I wish I could do that" and I told him I thought he should pet him before he did, make sure he's friendly... Beating Colorado is nice and all, but Michigan took them to the woodshed after falling behind, you guys didn't fall behind, you had it easy with them, I'm not sure why. Did you know that Oklahoma fans aren't really worried that the Sooners didn't get in, they realize they aren't winning it all, I wonder if you ever thought of that...

Do you get my point, this is a circle jerk...is it that difficult to figure out...and now you're pissing me off