• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL 2017 Big Ten Coach of the Year

Who should be the Big10 Coach of the Year?

• Total voters

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't include any OSU coach in these polls. Complete waste of time. Just sayin.....
My choices were get the Buckeyes crying about how I left him off the list are the crying about how they never win. I tried to pick the lesser of two evils. I would rather be too inclusive on something like this.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I didnt try to be the righteous one talking about others locker rooms. Your logic is flawed. You are welcome.
It's a message board, if you want logic read Great Dayne, at least in his mind

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State coaches aren’t eligible.
Ohio State coaches are like third party candidates. Sometimes they are the best option but people refuse to give them a shot because it is too logical.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choices were get the Buckeyes crying about how I left him off the list are the crying about how they never win. I tried to pick the lesser of two evils. I would rather be too inclusive on something like this.

no no.... leaving him off the list would've been the right thing to do......

The bitching is justified by a long shot for what its worth........... not saying fucking urb deserves it this year at all....... its a fucking joke...... just like the nobel peace prize.........

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no.... leaving him off the list would've been the right thing to do......

The bitching is justified by a long shot for what its worth........... not saying fucking urb deserves it this year at all....... its a fucking joke...... just like the nobel peace prize.........
There are two camps of logic on this.
1) it should go to the coach of the best team. Under this, many times Ohio State coaches have been screwed over, most recently 2014.

2) Exceeding expectation. This will always hurt Ohio State because they are always going to be considered one of the top teams in the conference so winning 10 games in a season is considered a let down, and a failure to meet their lofty expectations.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy pick ..Paul Chryst ... you can't blame him for the schedule and all Wisconsin has done is win.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy pick ..Paul Chryst ... you can't blame him for the schedule and all Wisconsin has done is win.
Does he have any say in the OOC schedule?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Those are contracts negotiated in the ADs's office.
For Ohio State I would hope that Meyer has a say in the OOC games. He may not make final decision but I hope they respect him enough to have say.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Ohio State I would hope that Meyer has a say in the OOC games. He may not make final decision but I hope they respect him enough to have say.

I imagine the contract with the coach could possibly contain some language about scheduling.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have they not been favored in any game this year? He has done what he was expected to do. No one expected Michigan State to compete in the East this year. At this point in time, Dantonio deserves it over Chryst. Hell, I'd even say Brohm or possibly Fitzgerald over Chryst. In a few more weeks, that opinion could change.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two camps of logic on this.
1) it should go to the coach of the best team. Under this, many times Ohio State coaches have been screwed over, most recently 2014.

2) Exceeding expectation. This will always hurt Ohio State because they are always going to be considered one of the top teams in the conference so winning 10 games in a season is considered a let down, and a failure to meet their lofty expectations.

Most years, that is the case except, like you mentioned, 2014. How Meyer didn't win it in 2014 is baffling.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they not been favored in any game this year? He has done what he was expected to do. No one expected Michigan State to compete in the East this year. At this point in time, Dantonio deserves it over Chryst. Hell, I'd even say Brohm or possibly Fitzgerald over Chryst. In a few more weeks, that opinion could change.

What were the odds of Wisconsin going undefeated in the regular season? This is one of those cumulative odds scenarios. Favored in each individual game but not favored to go undefeated.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had a down year last year ... that's all. Like Meyer, D'antonio has his program running like a well oiled machine (Fuck, I wasn't going to say anything complimentary toward ohio state).

When it's going that good the coaches never win it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he does ... and it's ballsy scheduling Oklahoma.
I hope it continues like that even with the debacle in Columbus this year.