• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Rock album of all time

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aerosmith pre-drugs/post drugs are two different bands. The one up to and including Done With Mirrors was a really good band. Permanent Vacation (A perfect title for their work after) to the present day, is pretty much garbage.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physical-Graffiti-8.jpg

Double your pleasure.

Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51EF0ECHEDL.jpg

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I thought I was the only one. Awesome live album ... still blast that one every now & then. :suds:
"Shoot Shoot" from Strangers in the Night rattles the walls in my house at least once a week. There is not a bad cut on that album. I always felt that UFO was a much better live act than anything they produced in the studio.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Shoot Shoot" from Strangers in the Night rattles the walls in my house at least once a week. There is not a bad cut on that album. I always felt that UFO was a much better live act than anything they produced in the studio.
I saw them twice, live, back in the day. You talk about decibel-hungry ... HOLY SHIT! Loudest band I ever saw ... the damn rafters at the Morris Civic Auditorium were crumbling for the 90+ minute set. Peeps were actually leaving cuz they thought the roof was gonna come down.

And, agree ... not a bad song on this album. My fave was always "Love to Love", but the whole album just friggen rawx!

Last time I saw them, Michael Schenker had a broken lower leg in a cast so he had to sit in a chair practically the whole show. He had a fifth of something (prolly Jack Daniels) that he kept chuggin on the whole time. By the time it got to the solo in "Love to Love" he crept outta that chair and just went to town ... place went ape shit.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad ass. I have a hard time choosing between that and Ritual De Lo Habitual, though. Both amazing albums.

Me too, but "Been Caught Stealing" gives "Nothing's Shocking" the nod

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great album didn't George have the first number 1 post Beatles hit with My Sweet Lord?

Yes...and as you may know....it became the gist/motivation for another of George's tunes 5yrs later, after the ridiculous "copyright infringement " law suit.

After spending a week in a New York courtroom trying unsuccessfully to convince a judge that “My Sweet Lord” didn’t intentionally infringe on the Ronnie Mack/Chiffon hit “He’s So Fine,” George Harrison wrote and released “This Song” on November 19, 1976. It’s an uptempo tune that expressed his frustration at the in-depth song analysis that Harrison said after several days had him “starting to believe that maybe they did own those notes.”

The following day, on November 20, Harrison appeared on Saturday Night Live and sang “Homeward Bound” and “Here Comes the Sun” with guest host Paul Simon. The show also included a hilarious music video featuring George in a courtroom along with a cast of friends dressed up as the jury, bailiff and defense experts.

“This Song” was released as the first single for Harrison’s Thirty Three & 1/3 album, and features Billy Preston on piano and organ, and Monty Python’s Eric Idle calling out a falsetto “Could be ‘Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch,” “No, sounds more like ‘Rescue Me’!” interjection right before the instrumental break. It actually reached #25 on the U.S. pop charts.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...and as you may know....it became the gist for another of George's tunes 5yrs later after the ridiculous "copyrite infringement " law suit.

After spending a week in a New York courtroom trying unsuccessfully to convince a judge that “My Sweet Lord” didn’t intentionally infringe on the Ronnie Mack/Chiffon hit “He’s So Fine,” George Harrison wrote and released “This Song” on November 19, 1976. It’s an uptempo tune that expressed his frustration at the in-depth song analysis that Harrison said after several days had him “starting to believe that maybe they did own those notes.”

The following day, on November 20, Harrison appeared on Saturday Night Live and sang “Homeward Bound” and “Here Comes the Sun” with guest host Paul Simon. The show also included a hilarious music video featuring George in a courtroom along with a cast of friends dressed up as the jury, bailiff and defense experts.

“This Song” was released as the first single for Harrison’s Thirty Three & 1/3 album, and features Billy Preston on piano and organ, and Monty Python’s Eric Idle calling out a falsetto “Could be ‘Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch,” “No, sounds more like ‘Rescue Me’!” interjection right before the instrumental break. It actually reached #25 on the U.S. pop charts.

That is funny I never knew that. thanks for the education.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have told you that's what you were going to say.

What about Jane Says?

A bit played out, but still a great song

Thankfully "Summertime Rolls" never made the radio. Cant imagine ever getting tired of that song

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit played out, but still a great song

Thankfully "Summertime Rolls" never made the radio. Cant imagine ever getting tired of that song

That one, "Ted, Just Admit it" and "Three Days" are my three favorite Jane's Addiction songs. Agree about "Been Caught Stealing". Way overplayed.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one, "Ted, Just Admit it" and "Three Days" are my three favorite Jane's Addiction songs. Agree about "Been Caught Stealing". Way overplayed.

All three of those as well

Also love "Obvious"

Oh, fuck it. I pretty much love all the songs on both albums, with the exception of "Been Caught Stealing."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think i need to listen to that before this royals game

I listened to both albums when they were brought up earlier. Summertime is my fav on NS. I love the entire 2nd half of Ritual, Three Days and on. Just great.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was so much space
I cut me a piece
With some fine wine
It brought peace to my mind
In the summertime...
And it rolled