• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bb's random thoughts…

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is when did Tricket get hit or dragged down by the facemask? If it was the first half then I must have missed it.

lol...I'm not sure how you missed it. Time to confess Phil...Were you on the officiating crew Saturday? They same to be the only people in America who missed the call...Just messin with ya man but heres a still image. This pic doesn't do it any justice on how bad it was. He completely turned his head around and almost ripped his helmet off.

Attachments

• 458235310.jpg
    458235310.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is when did Tricket get hit or dragged down by the facemask? If it was the first half then I must have missed it.

I provided a video link to the non-call play in my OP. The play occurred in the first half.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update fellows. After I saw the video and picture I remember saying to myself that the refs should have thrown a penalty on the play. I just didn't put two and two together as how much that rattled Tricket for the rest of the game.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was horribly officiated. They were so bad they could have been a Big East crew.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was horribly officiated. They were so bad they could have been a Big East crew.

I wonder what was up, the B12 officials are usually quick and frequent in throwing the flag, but kept them in their pockets Saturday, even through them and waved it off a few times. No one can say the officiating favored one team though, they were equitable.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't say we got jobbed. They were just bad. TCU's 4th down play in the 4th quarter should have drawn a defensive holding penalty on us. My concern was that they ate personal foul penalties... Those you don't let go..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That crew was brutal for both teams regardless of the outcome. If the Big12 doesn't have them in their office this week then they are not doing their job.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, playing not to lose, rather than playing to win, cost this game. We can pick at different plays, calls, officiating all we want, but playing to protect a slim lead for most of the fourth quarter is why we lost. One first down on the last two series, or stay playing man on TCUs last series, we would be talking about a win today.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going through a thread on BGN and found this….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bFu-CSgED2g#t=58

Think what had happened if they call illegal hands to the face on TCU on the last sec FG try? Watch the far left side of the screen… see what happens to Chestnut.

There were multiple uncalled penalties on both sides, the officials just stood by and watched, more like a BE basketball crew than most football crews. It did not alter the game, as they were equally inept both ways. WVU had -7 yards of offense in the fourth quarter, THAT cost the game.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were multiple uncalled penalties on both sides, the officials just stood by and watched, more like a BE basketball crew than most football crews. It did not alter the game, as they were equally inept both ways. WVU had -7 yards of offense in the fourth quarter, THAT cost the game.......

Yes… there were non-calls on both sides. WVU's Tonkery held on TCU's failed 4th down conversion on their next to last possession.

It is true that WVU was ineffective in their last 3 possessions of the game. Like Slaton mentioned, I had no problem with the play calling when WVU took over inside their 10 yd line… next to last possession. I felt the last possession was too conservative; however, if one of the runs breaks… we're celebrating victory.

As others have noted, on 3rd down and 9, I think Clint made the wrong read. That is why Dana was animated on the sideline. Dana did the right thing in yesterday's presser, he supported his QB.

IMO, many factors cost WVU the game. 5 TO's being the most significant…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did this play have no influence on the outcome of the game?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 20

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more or less than several other uncalled penalties.....

I didn't see this one until DC posted it and I would have to say, yes, this one could've definitely changed the outcome. With a 15 yard penalty, that kick would've become a 52 yard FG. BIG difference IMO. But the bottom line is, if you turn the ball over 5 times in a game, it makes it really hard to place blame on anyone but yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this one until DC posted it and I would have to say, yes, this one could've definitely changed the outcome. With a 15 yard penalty, that kick would've become a 52 yard FG. BIG difference IMO. But the bottom line is, if you turn the ball over 5 times in a game, it makes it really hard to place blame on anyone but yourself.

IF you zoom in on every play of every game to that level, you will find some penalty, there is holding on every single play. three issues caused the loss, turnovers, poor play calling in the 4th quarter (negative yards for the quarter, wtf) , and giving up the 40 yarder by switching to zone defense on their game winning drive.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

5 TO's are huge....I just like hearing the no calls had no effect on outcome of game, this was the game winning kick I would say it had a great impact. lol

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you zoom in on every play of every game to that level, you will find some penalty, there is holding on every single play. three issues caused the loss, turnovers, poor play calling in the 4th quarter (negative yards for the quarter, wtf) , and giving up the 40 yarder by switching to zone defense on their game winning drive.

I agree with you on all of that but I think DC was just referring to that play in particular because a penalty there would've been HUGE. BUT...they didn't call defensive holding on us either on the failed 4th down (I actually saw offensive holding on that play on the LT if I remember correctly.) which would've been a huge break for them as well. There was a lot of strategy in this gamed that confused the hell outta me. They D had pretty much dominated all day long by blitzing and playing man coverage...like DAD said, why switch to zone defense? I do think that our last 3 possessions that resulted in 3 and outs had the defense a little gassed towards the end of the game too. I'm not much for moral victories but the one good thing to take out of this game is that we lost by 1 point to a top 10 team with the offense out of sync and we had 5 turnovers. Last year, we would've lost by 28 or more I bet.

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's clear that other teams believe that if they get a hit on Trickett that he is going to turn the ball over...and it appear's that would be spot on...that is not good!.......

I told BBW if I'm critiquing the Coaching staff...not sure why they don't move White around..even into the slot and make a Safety cover him..

As far as the end of the game on the last two possessions... I'm not going to second guess the play calling on the that first series when your inside your own 10 yard line.....but the second series you have to be a more aggressive....what happened to Shell in the second half, he didn't see a snap?:scratch:

I was wondering the same thing - why not motion White a little. At the very least it displaces the CB and they have to potentially roll the coverage - and if you're looking for a one-high saftey that's one way to get it. I was also wondering why we ran so few Post routes. I mean, Alford scored on one early and then it was like we never came back to it. Against Cover 2 it seems like a no-brainer to call them. Definitely a frustrating game...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really need a magnifying glass to see this? Two plays where are players heads almost get ripped off and you want to act like it is some basic holding call.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really need a magnifying glass to see this? Two plays where are players heads almost get ripped off and you want to act like it is some basic holding call.

they called a bad game both ways, period, a missed call is a missed call.