• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.4

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I survived 2023 White Sox baseball. Just give me a team that plays to win - hustles and has fun playing the game - that will take care of a lot of things that have gone wrong.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I survived 2023 White Sox baseball. Just give me a team that plays to win - hustles and has fun playing the game - that will take care of a lot of things that have gone wrong.
Ahhhhhhh, all is right with the universe once again. Mingo starts his annual Random Thoughts thread and naturally wants to see the Good Guys return to winning baseball. On that latter point, we'll have to be a bit patient. Ok, a LOT patient. But at least we won't go into this year thinking there's anything more than a Dumb and Dumber chance of this happening. Welcome to 2024 baby!!!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eloy has probably noticed that his name is not being mentioned - which means no other team has much interest in trading for Eloy Jimenez and his ground ball hitting and complaints of body aches. I have some hope that it will serve to scare him straight.

If Eloy figures out his next contract will be from DFA territory - he might actually bear down and slap the crap out of the ball this season as a DH. This guy should be going for 40 dingers and instead he is trying for a higher BA.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eloy has probably noticed that his name is not being mentioned - which means no other team has much interest in trading for Eloy Jimenez and his ground ball hitting and complaints of body aches. I have some hope that it will serve to scare him straight.

If Eloy figures out his next contract will be from DFA territory - he might actually bear down and slap the crap out of the ball this season as a DH. This guy should be going for 40 dingers and instead he is trying for a higher BA.
he's the guy i had the most hope for and has been nothing but a huge disappointment.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so crochet wants to be a starter and they're going to 'stretch him out' for this purpose. i think they're nuts! he's a potentially really good closer. why screw this up? cause he wants it? sox are still one of the dumbest organization in the majors.
what do you think?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so crochet wants to be a starter and they're going to 'stretch him out' for this purpose. i think they're nuts! he's a potentially really good closer. why screw this up? cause he wants it? sox are still one of the dumbest organization in the majors.
what do you think?
A guy who has pitched 12 innings in the last two years - stretching out to start is improbable on the face of it.

As far as I'm concerned let him find out if he is a starter or not.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who has pitched 12 innings in the last two years - stretching out to start is improbable on the face of it.

As far as I'm concerned let him find out if he is a starter or not.

OH WE GON FIND OUT BABY.

LET THE L'S FLOW.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you think?
In all seriousness, what other option do we have? This team is projecting at best bottom 10 in the league. Take some chances. See what ya got.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya don't say Eloy, ya don't say.......

I linked this story because it reminds me that after Eloy's rookie, 31 dinger season, I placed a $20 bet that following offseason on him winning that coming year's HR title. I was given pretty decent odds if I recall, something like 30-1 or 40-1. Of course, due to injuries and such he didn't come close that year or any since. So I'm gonna take his latest bold prediction with a grain of salt, with said grain about the size of a boulder.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I linked this story because it reminds me that after Eloy's rookie, 31 dinger season, I placed a $20 bet that following offseason on him winning that coming year's HR title. I was given pretty decent odds if I recall, something like 30-1 or 40-1. Of course, due to injuries and such he didn't come close that year or any since. So I'm gonna take his latest bold prediction with a grain of salt, with said grain about the size of a boulder.

Just hit 20 first Eloy...Jesus this team.

6614a42f-898c-4ab1-b599-fce5a2dc69da_text.gif

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked seeing this quote of Eloy's - like he wants to convince people he is getting with the program. That's maybe a good sign for future contributions. I don't know what the hell he thought he was doing last year. Shut up - DH and try to hit 30 plus dingers. As far as Eloy's next contract - he is at a real crossroads. I don't mind the idea of taking Eloy and Cease into the season - flip them at the trade deadline or keep the team's options open.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked seeing this quote of Eloy's - like he wants to convince people he is getting with the program. That's maybe a good sign for future contributions. I don't know what the hell he thought he was doing last year. Shut up - DH and try to hit 30 plus dingers. As far as Eloy's next contract - he is at a real crossroads. I don't mind the idea of taking Eloy and Cease into the season - flip them at the trade deadline or keep the team's options open.
are there players who predict a bad year coming up?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are there players who predict a bad year coming up?

No...HOWEVER...I would place a bet on you being the first if you were 25 years old and a professional baseball player.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery has a very sweet swing. I hope he comes ready made to help out and grow as a professional.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoxFest is returning!!!!! SoxFest is returning!!!!! SoxFest is returning!!!!!

Uh, but not until 2025.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoxFest is returning!!!!! SoxFest is returning!!!!! SoxFest is returning!!!!!

Uh, but not until 2025.

unless the sox lose a hundred games again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Cease trade had this vibe - the other GMs acting like they didn't want to be taken to the cleaners by rookie Getz.

Getz may have over played his hand on Cease, but I'm glad he held out for the value he thought was there - the easy thing to do would have been for Getz to make a trade just to fulfil the expectation that he was going to make one. So, he takes a little bit of Cease injury risk to take this potential trade to a time of high demand at the trade deadline - when teams find out who got injured and who lost their fastballs. When that time comes Cease will already be familiar with the players he wants from those teams.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Cease trade had this vibe - the other GMs acting like they didn't want to be taken to the cleaners by rookie Getz.

Getz may have over played his hand on Cease, but I'm glad he held out for the value he thought was there - the easy thing to do would have been for Getz to make a trade just to fulfil the expectation that he was going to make one. So, he takes a little bit of Cease injury risk to take this potential trade to a time of high demand at the trade deadline - when teams find out who got injured and who lost their fastballs. When that time comes Cease will already be familiar with the players he wants from those teams.
Not gonna necessarily disagree with you, but to me it's still a role of the dice. Granted, if Cease remains healthy and especially if he lights it up this year ala 2022, his trade value will be at its max, even exceeding this point in time. Because if there's one thing that's as certain as the the sun rising in the east, it's we can count on at least one team and likely multiple teams in the thick of the playoff race, who will be in need for a solid, dependable starting pitcher. The big double question will be Cease remaining healthy and if he's back to pitching like in '22. I hope it's a yes on both, but I sure wish I had me one of those crystal balls to confirm this.