• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Pre-season Sox activities

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fan relationship with the White Sox feels a lot like the end of a failing romantic relationship. The spark is gone, I am basically out of energy to put into the relationship, the other party is showing zero signs of changing their ways or compromising, and I'm just going through the motions. Hoping for something, anything to happen. Despite the fact that deep down, I know it won't. The good times seem very far off in the rear view mirror.

However, the difference is, relationships like that end. The White Sox just go on and on... and on. Until I die. At this point, I'm not going anywhere.

One day, I'll have something to cheer about again. I hope. It doesn't feel like it right now.

I just moved to Southern Cali and when I meet guys at work or whatever. When I say I'm from Chicago - they often ask if I'm a Cubs fan. I simply look down, sigh, and say "Nope... I'm a White Sox fan." They usually reply with an "oof". I just say "Yup".
It's complicated.

I've never lived in Chicago - I just adopted them when I was in the 2nd grade in Denver Colorado - in the 1959 world series. While I obsess over the Sox - and made it to half a dozen games in the Old Comiskey and the one at Guaranteed Rate Field, but being a long-distance relationship for me it hasn't been as emotionally depleting for me as it has for most of you. That's my theory. I did go to spring training in 2007 or 8 - I just loved it

What I'm hoping to see this year - is a team that doesn't give away walks - have physical and mental errors in the field that would make a little team blush - and doesn't give away extra bases without contesting them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fan relationship with the White Sox feels a lot like the end of a failing romantic relationship. The spark is gone, I am basically out of energy to put into the relationship, the other party is showing zero signs of changing their ways or compromising, and I'm just going through the motions. Hoping for something, anything to happen. Despite the fact that deep down, I know it won't. The good times seem very far off in the rear view mirror.

I just moved to Southern Cali.
Nice analogy. I have to say it's pretty sad that here we are on the cusp of Opening Day, one of the great traditions of Americana, yet I remain 10x more excited about who the Bears will draft next month than anything White Sox related.

BTW, where in SoCal did you relocate? I moved a number of years ago to Sin City, but prior to that spent several decades residing in your neck of the woods. Miss the natural beauty and often great weather there, but no regrets one bit having left behind the insane traffic, almost nonstop crime, and the wacky politics.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice analogy. I have to say it's pretty sad that here we are on the cusp of Opening Day, one of the great traditions of Americana, yet I remain 10x more excited about who the Bears will draft next month than anything White Sox related.

BTW, where in SoCal did you relocate? I moved a number of years ago to Sin City, but prior to that spent several decades residing in your neck of the woods. Miss the natural beauty and often great weather there, but no regrets one bit having left behind the insane traffic, almost nonstop crime, and the wacky politics.
Huntington Beach, man. It is beautiful and there's a lot much to do. The downside is the cost of living, but for now it's cool. I am here for work and may just stay for a year. I do like it so far, though. I've been here for a month. I'm still stuck in my "new in town/touristy" phase lol. I lifted a muscle beach and shot hoops on Venice Boardwalk yesterday. I've been to downtown LA, Laguna Beach, etc. Trying to take advantage of the situation. I'll definitely catch the local sports teams soon. Dodgers and Angels this baseball season. I feel like I have to do a Lakers game. I want to do SoFi, but it's annoying that I missed the Bears being here for Chargers last year and this year we have Rams at Soldier Field.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huntington Beach, man. It is beautiful and there's a lot much to do. The downside is the cost of living, but for now it's cool. I am here for work and may just stay for a year. I do like it so far, though. I've been here for a month. I'm still stuck in my "new in town/touristy" phase lol. I lifted a muscle beach and shot hoops on Venice Boardwalk yesterday. I've been to downtown LA, Laguna Beach, etc. Trying to take advantage of the situation. I'll definitely catch the local sports teams soon. Dodgers and Angels this baseball season. I feel like I have to do a Lakers game. I want to do SoFi, but it's annoying that I missed the Bears being here for Chargers last year and this year we have Rams at Soldier Field.
Orange County baby - I graduated HS in Placentia - next to Fullerton and Anaheim.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I grew up in Chicago, I relocated to SoCal in my early 20's, kinda hopping around in various locales during my bachelor days. Eventually settling down in Thousand Oaks. Weather not quite as pure 'California' than where you guys hung out, but a beautfiful area nonetheless and minus the insane traffic (I worked locally there as well).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I grew up in Chicago, I relocated to SoCal in my early 20's, kinda hopping around in various locales during my bachelor days. Eventually settling down in Thousand Oaks. Weather not quite as pure 'California' than where you guys hung out, but a beautfiful area nonetheless and minus the insane traffic (I worked locally there as well).
They had the Renaissance Fair there and the Dallas Cowboys used to have camp there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had the Renaissance Fair there and the Dallas Cowboys used to have camp there.
The Renaissance Faire was actually nearby in Agoura Hills at the old Paramount Movie Ranch. I use to go each year until it became ridiculously expensive. I have a friend who use to volunteer at the Cowboys training camp.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Renaissance Faire was actually nearby in Agoura Hills at the old Paramount Movie Ranch. I use to go each year until it became ridiculously expensive. I have a friend who use to volunteer at the Cowboys training camp.
Big salad dressing place - Thousand Oaks ;)