• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barry sanders jr transferring to okie lite

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you just stated that if one wants a specific job in a certain arena and certain area, then that particular school is good. So, ANOTHER factor gives that particular degree a boost for that factor.

Also, you should more keenly understand what a Communications degree is as opposed to what those specific entities you mentioned are looking for.

Also, as an aside, if you want to be recruited by the CIA these days, go to TAMU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you just stated that if one wants a specific job in a certain arena, then that particular school is good. So, ANOTHER factor gives that particular degree a boost for that factor.

I'm sorry that I do not have time to list all 100+ reasons why Stanford degree is better than OSU. If you can't understand the money and power behind the Stanford program and that's not enough, then oh well.

At any rate:

Stanford has the #4 ranked communications program in the country.

OSU isn't even ranked that I can find.

http://www.collegefactual.com/major...munication-media-studies/rankings/top-ranked/

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and my shit is the 4th best-smelling shit among all SportsHoopla posters... it's still shit.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, those rankings you referenced are for the department... not undergrad studies... which is a virtual NON-factor when ranking these things. laughable.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and my shit is the 4th best-smelling shit among all SportsHoopla posters... it's still shit.
Much like what you typed in this thread.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooooohhhh come on man. You can't seriously believe that.
I think he does, SMFH. Stanford may be overrated for many things, the education you get there is not one of them.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for reference.

The Stanford communication degree requires statistics, methods, and is research based. The major is geared towards how the media influences society and the legal/social ramifications thereof. Major in Communication | Communication

In contrast OK State, is an applied degree. It focuses on reporting, graphic design and editing. Curricula

It is an apple to oranges comparison. The Stanford degree is geared towards running communications outlets. The OK State program is geared towards getting a job in the reporting or editing fields. So it is more than just the name of the school on the degree that would help you get into grad school, it is the actual preparation for research and policy that would make the difference.

Both degrees have merit (heck the OK State degree might even get you a job quicker), but, to say they are no different is just plain ignorant.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, one of the consistently "bottom 10" degrees, Communications... yes, it wouldn't really matter if you got a football player's GPA for that undergrad degree if it came from Okie State or Stanford. It's a general shitty undergrad degree.

...now, if you're trying to get into a Yale research graduate program in Communications... then yes it would matter that you got a good GPA and a "Stanford" B.S.

You sir or on crack. I would explain it but it would obviously be over your head.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was an an Animal Science major. I'm guessing Stanford doesn't have much for an ag department so therefore my education was better than anything I could have gotten there.

Yeah that's what I'll go with from now on.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago I hired a secretary who was a Stanford grad. I quickly came to understand she was sharper than a rat turd. So we started giving her additional responsibilities and new job descriptions. Five years later we promoted her to V.P and when we sold that company I helped her finance her part of the purchase so she could be the new President of the company. That loan was paid off without a hitch. She sold the company a couple years ago and has retired with her husband in Florida. Their son is now going to Stanford.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was an an Animal Science major. I'm guessing Stanford doesn't have much for an ag department so therefore my education was better than anything I could have gotten there.

Yeah that's what I'll go with from now on.
True, they do not have much of one though they do have some plant and sustainable systems programs in their engineering department. That said, my degree was psych and I now work at an AG college. Funny how life works.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would suck to barely get in the game while whitey breaks your dad's record... this isn't too shocking.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would suck to barely get in the game while whitey breaks your dad's record... this isn't too shocking.

Fuckin' whitey. Always trying to keep da man down.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did I post facts that contradict @ElTexan or is he just being a typical troll?

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's opening up his own car dealership as well. Stanford degree already starting to pay dividends.