• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barry sanders jr transferring to okie lite

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a decent player out of h.s. not the greatest put pretty good. I don't think he wanted to follow in his fathers foot steps and try to live up to those expectations. I don't blame him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course...daddy played there

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is advising this kid? No parent in their right mind would encourage him to leave an elite school like Stanford to go get a so-so degree at Okie Jr. The kid's nowhere close to successfully playing pro ball for a living so the name on his diploma is going to hugely important. He's obviously smart or he wouldn't have been admitted to Stanford. But I seriously question his priorities if he thinks playing a little extra football in college is going to be worth a huge downgrade in where he gets his degree.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A degree from Stanford ain't a bad deal though.

This. As fans we all slam recruits for picking someone else. I do it, but I can say I have never slammed a kid for picking Stanford. It just makes sense. I can say on the 1 and a million chance if one of my children get offers from Texas, Bama, and Stanford, I will punt that midget Saban across the street, lock Strong out, and welcome Stanford in with a nice glass of 20 year old scotch

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in high school he was in Sterling Shepards shadow.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is advising this kid? No parent in their right mind would encourage him to leave an elite school like Stanford to go get a so-so degree at Okie Jr. The kid's nowhere close to successfully playing pro ball for a living so the name on his diploma is going to hugely important. He's obviously smart or he wouldn't have been admitted to Stanford. But I seriously question his priorities if he thinks playing a little extra football in college is going to be worth a huge downgrade in where he gets his degree.

He is a grad transfer.

Although I'm somewhat offended by your comments I would have taken a Stanford education myself if given the opportunity

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did OSU mess up this recruitment? Or did he really just want to go to Stanford? OSU always has a decent RB tho......

Didn't really. If I remember right most of us thought he was a lock but it was too hard to turn down a Stanford education. Like its been said, had he followed his father the expectations would have been pretty unrealistic.

It probably hurt us more that class that we missed out on Mickens and ended up taking a kid late that never played a meaningful snap at the position.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a grad transfer.

Although I'm somewhat offended by your comments I would have taken a Stanford education myself if given the opportunity

Please don't be offended. I'd take a Stanford education over an OU education any day. We are two peas in the same pod. :suds:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio here in WV said this evening that WVU may be in the mix now that Smallwood has declared for the draft:noidea:

I don't see it but.... that little tid bit is worth what ya paid for it...

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undergrad degrees don't really mean shit unless you're really looking to go for an ELITE level graduate education.

When Stanford is written on the header it does, are you nuts?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you seriously believe this?
Yes, one of the consistently "bottom 10" degrees, Communications... yes, it wouldn't really matter if you got a football player's GPA for that undergrad degree if it came from Okie State or Stanford. It's a general shitty undergrad degree.

...now, if you're trying to get into a Yale research graduate program in Communications... then yes it would matter that you got a good GPA and a "Stanford" B.S.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, one of the consistently "bottom 10" degrees, Communications... yes, it wouldn't really matter if you got a football player's GPA for that undergrad degree if it came from Okie State or Stanford. It's a general shitty undergrad degree.

...now, if you're trying to get into a Yale research graduate program in Communications... then yes it would matter that you got a good GPA and a "Stanford" B.S.
:L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
excellent retort... showing off them #bamasmarts

Says the guy who thinks an OSU degree is equal to a Stanford degree even if in the same field.

It's like you come here just to post stupid shit constantly.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who thinks an OSU degree is equal to a Stanford degree even if in the same field.

It's like you come here just to post stupid shit constantly.
Again, you're too obtuse to follow along:

I said that a football player getting just a Comm Degree [explicitly disregarding cases where an elite graduate degree is being sought]... that the difference between a B.S. from Stanford and Okie State in Communications is negligible. Other factors are WAY more important.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're too obtuse to follow along:

I said that a football player getting just a Comm Degree [explicitly disregarding cases where an elite graduate degree is being sought]... that the difference between a B.S. from Stanford and Okie State in Communications is negligible. Other factors are WAY more important.

You just don't have a remote clue about Stanford and the Silicon Valley(Microwave Valley as it was called back in the mid 50's).

The Silicon Valley is DEEPLY involved with the CIA and the NSA and is where the majority of technology and other such things come from. The Silicon Valley was actually built for these causes and it was all basically ran out of Stanfords research departments.

Today things are a bit different and things are more geared towards internet(communications/information), however the CIA and the NSA are still heavily involved with the area and still much of the valley is dedicated to such things. Which is why they constantly actively and publicly recruit at Stanford.

The connections and companies in the Silicon Valley that are tied to Stanford are extremely huge, not only domestic, but also still military. And if you know anything about the military, communications is probably one of the most important aspects of warfare. Without it, you have nothing.

Oklahoma St just doesn't even come close to comparing. Maybe Barry Jr will never have any such jobs, or ever use all these connections. After all he has chosen OkSt for playing time. But the idea that the communications program at Stanford is somehow "un-Stanford" and that an OSU degree is comparable is straight up ignorant to the reality.

California alone is one of the worlds largest economics, and a large part of that is Silicon Valley and Stanford is a huge part of that. If you think anyone in that area is going to treat a Stanford and OSU degrees as equal(or really the rest of the country either), then you would probably look better making those dumb SEC threads.

Is that too obtuse and/or too much "bama smarts" for you?