• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker Mayfield keeping up the Oklahoma tradition

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, honestly, never had an issue with Oklahoma. I lost a lot of respect with how they handled the Mixon situation and the ridiculous news conferences after the video was made public.

It is entertaining to watch some of the OU fans blindly defend anything a football player does. That is the only reason I put the thread up.
So what are you're feelings on Harbaugh and his arrest for driving under the influence? And how many games was he suspended for following the charges? I'll give you a hint it was under what he blew on the breathalyzer...... He's also let several players off without suspensions throughout his college and pro career. I'm going to assume you have the same stance on the way harbaugh handles situations

Jim Harbaugh: DL Ray McDonald will play despite domestic violence arrest

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you're feelings on Harbaugh and his arrest for driving under the influence? And how many games was he suspended for following the charges? I'll give you a hint it was under what he blew on the breathalyzer...... He's also let several players off without suspensions throughout his college and pro career. I'm going to assume you have the same stance on the way harbaugh handles situations

He needs some of this.

Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs some of this.

Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg
Perhaps I just find it ironic for a fan of Harbaugh to chastise Stoops. Harbaugh got nailed on a DUI after running a stop sign. Which is worse than public intoxication imo.And has a history of looking the other way. Including McDonakds domestic violence charge....Smiths DWI........ kind of hypocritical really

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I just find it ironic for a fan of Harbaugh to chastise Stoops. Harbaugh got nailed on a DUI after running a stop sign. Which is worse than public intoxication imo.And has a history of looking the other way. Including McDonakds domestic violence charge....Smiths DWI........ kind of hypocritical really

Oh I do love a nice glass house.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need to do your homework on the NFL. Unlike the NCAA, NFL players are getting paid 5, 6 and even 7 figures PER GAME. They also have what constitutes a union with the NFLPA, so you can't just suspend someone until you have all the facts, especially in a he said/she said case.

I'm guessing it is why you didn't link the article to your Harbaugh comment.

As far as the DUI, you need to talk to the university. They are responsible for doling out punishment to Harbaugh. Do I personally think he made a terrible decision to drink and drive? Yes.

Feel free to list all the players arrested that he has let off without punishment since you are in the know during his college coaching career. As I said already -- the NFL has a completely different set of rules and hierarchy -- so the punishment wouldn't even be coming down from the HC on serious charges.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to do your homework on the NFL. Unlike the NCAA, NFL players are getting paid 5, 6 and even 7 figures PER GAME. They also have what constitutes a union with the NFLPA, so you can't just suspend someone until you have all the facts, especially in a he said/she said case.

I'm guessing it is why you didn't link the article to your Harbaugh comment.

As far as the DUI, you need to talk to the university. They are responsible for doling out punishment to Harbaugh. Do I personally think he made a terrible decision to drink and drive? Yes.

Feel free to list all the players arrested that he has let off without punishment since you are in the know during his college coaching career. As I said already -- the NFL has a completely different set of rules and hierarchy -- so the punishment wouldn't even be coming down from the HC on serious charges.
You can start here

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Details have emerged about the alleged sexual assault involving suspended Michigan wide receiver Grant Perry, who was arraigned last week.

Land of 10 obtained the 45-page police report through a Freedom of Information Act request. Perry faces four charges related to an alleged sexual assault that officials say took place Oct. 15.

According to the police report, Perry attempted to flee police as he ran from Lou and Harry’s, a bar in downtown East Lansing, Mich., following an altercation with a woman who alleged that Perry groped her between her legs.

The police report said Perry and two other men cut in line to get into Lou and Harry’s at around 12:15 in the morning on Oct. 15, and the women they cut in front of began to yell at him. The police report stated that Perry became “verbally defensive” and that the victim alleged that Perry groped her.

Harry Saites, the bar owner, told police that he called 911 to report a possible assault. Officers who arrived on the scene saw a male and a female pushing each other while in line, and a woman pushed Perry out of line.

According to the police report, the responding officer grabbed Perry and asked for his identification, and Perry ran from the officer, who tackled him in a nearby alley. An officer initially had trouble securing and handcuffing Perry, and threatened to “tase” him.

The responding officer sustained a minor injury to his thumb and did not seek medical treatment, according to the police report.

Perry was transported to the East Lansing jail without incident. At the jail, Perry refused a breathalyzer test, though the police report indicated that officers could smell “a strong odor of intox coming from Perry.”

The police also confiscated a fake ID from Florida from Perry.

Perry’s attorney, Frank Harrison Reynolds, declined to comment on the police report.

Perry was allowed to remain with the team following a two-game suspension in October, pending the results of the investigation.

Perry was arraigned Dec. 21 in East Lansing District Court 54B on four charges: a felony charge of assaulting, battering, resisting or obstructing an officer; two misdemeanor charges of fourth-degree sexual assault; and a misdemeanor charge of underage drinking.

Perry did not travel to South Florida for Michigan’s Orange Bowl game against Florida State. Michigan’s athletic department released a statement on Dec. 22, announcing that Perry has been indefinitely suspended from the football program:

“The University was made aware of the arrest of student-athlete Grant Perry earlier this fall. He was immediately suspended from all team activities at that time and missed two games. Based on the information at that time, Grant was allowed to resume team activities pending the outcome of the investigation.

“Upon being informed that charges would be filed, he was immediately and indefinitely suspended from all team activities until the legal process is completed.”

Perry, a true sophomore from Bloomfield Hills, Mich., was suspended before Michigan’s game against Illinois on Oct. 22, a 41-8 win. Perry did not play against Illinois or the following weekend at Michigan State.

Perry didn’t play in the next game but returned for the Wolverines’ final four contests, catching a total of 7 passes for 69 yards.

According to court records, Perry has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Jan. 5 in East Lansing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what makes no sense all thiss outrage over Oklahoma. But no outrage or threads covering other universities covering the same topics. Has anyone discussed Kiffin's actions yet?His first recruit. Or did they miss the bus on this? :L

Ex-Florida State QB who punched a woman is first to join Lane Kiffin at FAU

You mean the QB kicked out of Florida State for punching the girl. Then had to attend a junior college in Mississippi before he was able to sign with another Division 1 program?

If you ask me -- FSU handled it perfectly. Kicked him out immediately and the kid had to go sign at a JC to play and earn his way back.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the QB kicked out of Florida State for punching the girl. Then had to attend a junior college in Mississippi before he was able to sign with another Division 1 program?

If you ask me -- FSU handled it perfectly. Kicked him out immediately and the kid had to go sign at a JC to play and earn his way back.
I wasn't discussin FSU We could run down a list regarding FSU. Im discussing FAU. Do you not have a problem with this kid playing college ball. After an assault caught on video?Or is it But Oklahoma.....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can start here

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Details have emerged about the alleged sexual assault involving suspended Michigan wide receiver Grant Perry, who was arraigned last week.

Land of 10 obtained the 45-page police report through a Freedom of Information Act request. Perry faces four charges related to an alleged sexual assault that officials say took place Oct. 15.

According to the police report, Perry attempted to flee police as he ran from Lou and Harry’s, a bar in downtown East Lansing, Mich., following an altercation with a woman who alleged that Perry groped her between her legs.

The police report said Perry and two other men cut in line to get into Lou and Harry’s at around 12:15 in the morning on Oct. 15, and the women they cut in front of began to yell at him. The police report stated that Perry became “verbally defensive” and that the victim alleged that Perry groped her.

Harry Saites, the bar owner, told police that he called 911 to report a possible assault. Officers who arrived on the scene saw a male and a female pushing each other while in line, and a woman pushed Perry out of line.

According to the police report, the responding officer grabbed Perry and asked for his identification, and Perry ran from the officer, who tackled him in a nearby alley. An officer initially had trouble securing and handcuffing Perry, and threatened to “tase” him.

The responding officer sustained a minor injury to his thumb and did not seek medical treatment, according to the police report.

Perry was transported to the East Lansing jail without incident. At the jail, Perry refused a breathalyzer test, though the police report indicated that officers could smell “a strong odor of intox coming from Perry.”

The police also confiscated a fake ID from Florida from Perry.

Perry’s attorney, Frank Harrison Reynolds, declined to comment on the police report.

Perry was allowed to remain with the team following a two-game suspension in October, pending the results of the investigation.

Perry was arraigned Dec. 21 in East Lansing District Court 54B on four charges: a felony charge of assaulting, battering, resisting or obstructing an officer; two misdemeanor charges of fourth-degree sexual assault; and a misdemeanor charge of underage drinking.

Perry did not travel to South Florida for Michigan’s Orange Bowl game against Florida State. Michigan’s athletic department released a statement on Dec. 22, announcing that Perry has been indefinitely suspended from the football program:

“The University was made aware of the arrest of student-athlete Grant Perry earlier this fall. He was immediately suspended from all team activities at that time and missed two games. Based on the information at that time, Grant was allowed to resume team activities pending the outcome of the investigation.

“Upon being informed that charges would be filed, he was immediately and indefinitely suspended from all team activities until the legal process is completed.”

Perry, a true sophomore from Bloomfield Hills, Mich., was suspended before Michigan’s game against Illinois on Oct. 22, a 41-8 win. Perry did not play against Illinois or the following weekend at Michigan State.

Perry didn’t play in the next game but returned for the Wolverines’ final four contests, catching a total of 7 passes for 69 yards.

According to court records, Perry has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Jan. 5 in East Lansing.

You mean the WR that was suspended for two games and had it lifted as they weren't sure if he'd be charged and once they did say he'd be charged, he was suspended indefinitely? Yeah. Good example of Harbaugh doing nothing. :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the WR that was suspended for two games and had it lifted as they weren't sure if he'd be charged and once they did say he'd be charged, he was suspended indefinitely? Yeah. Good example of Harbaugh doing nothing. :L
And he played after being charged. .Perhaps you should look into Harbaugh a little further.Glass houses........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't discussin FSU We could run down a list regarding FSU. Im discussing FAU. Do you not have a problem with this kid playing college ball. After an assault caught on video?Or is it But Oklahoma.....

He had his scholarship taken away. He had all the benefits of a major D-1 scholarship taken away. He was kicked out of school. He had to go to a junior college, maintain grades and earn his way back. If you notice -- he went from a top 10 program to a bottom feeder program in conference USA.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had his scholarship taken away. He had all the benefits of a major D-1 scholarship taken away. He was kicked out of school. He had to go to a junior college, maintain grades and earn his way back. If you notice -- he went from a top 10 program to a bottom feeder program in conference USA.
So you're saying you would be ok with Mixon's actions if he played in conference USA or a non P5 conference?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he finished the season after being charged. .Perhaps you should look into Harbaugh a little further.Glass houses........

Maybe you should read a little more -- he was suspended for two games. He wasn't charged and they were investigating whether to or what to charge him with, so he was allowed to play after sitting out two games. After the season, they announced they were going to charged him and he was suspended immediately (an indefinite suspension) which won't be lifted until it plays out in court.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you would be ok with Mixon's actions if he played in conference USA or a non P5 conference?

I'm saying I would be OK if he were kicked out of school, had his scholarship pulled, forced to go to the middle of nowhere to a junior college and earn his way back as a D-1 scholarship athlete if someone wanted to give him the chance.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should read a little more -- he was suspended for two games. He wasn't charged and they were investigating whether to or what to charge him with, so he was allowed to play after sitting out two games. After the season, they announced they were going to charged him and he was suspended immediately (an indefinite suspension) which won't be lifted until it plays out in court.
And what were the results of mixons court case?Perry only missed two games. Are you disgusted by his sexual assault charges? What's worse public Intoxication. Or driving while impaired?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying I would be OK if he were kicked out of school, had his scholarship pulled, forced to go to the middle of nowhere to a junior college and earn his way back as a D-1 scholarship athlete if someone wanted to give him the chance.
So it's ok to assault a woman on camera. And play college football as long as a player earns his way back? No outrage? Drunk driving without punishment is acceptable.But public intoxication is far worse than risking others lives.No need to respond you've proven my point. But Oklahoma......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what were the results of mixons court case?Perry only missed two games. Are you disgusted by his sexual assault charges? What's worse public Intoxication. Or driving while impaired?

He pled guilty. And no one blinked an eye at OU until the video and police interviews were released and then everyone said how sorry they were and how they should have handled it differently.

You see how different OU and FSU handled the situations?

If Perry is charged with sexual assault -- which i will bet he doesn't as the charge is because she said he slapped her butt, but if he did, he will get the boot.

And I don't have much of an issue with public intox. Like Grant Perry, the issue is running and resisting arrest, etc.

Let me ask you this. Do you think OU will be suspending Mayfield for a couple games in the upcoming season?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's ok to assault a woman on camera. And play college football as long as a player earns his way back? No outrage? Drunk driving without punishment is acceptable.But public intoxication is far worse than risking others lives.No need to respond you've proven my point. But Oklahoma......

They already had a thread about FSU's QB. The reason there was as much outrage -- HE WAS KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL. They gave him the ultimate punishment a program can hand out. If you don't understand that -- I can't help you.