• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Conference of Champions - Epic Journey

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

1 loss Oregon vs 1 loss Utah the winner of the PAC-12 TITLE GAME WAS GOING TO THE PLAYOFF.
Only difference is Utah could hang with anybody. Oregon would just get bitch slapped in the playoff.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been a bellwether team in the Pac since Pete Carroll's USC squad. That's a pure fact. It was proven when the ducks year after year couldn't reach the finish line and looked the part of also ran every time they faced a real elite team.
God the jelly here, I didn't know what I'd have for lunch, but I guess my answer is right there, cant let all that jelly go to waste.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

1 loss Oregon vs 1 loss Utah the winner of the PAC-12 TITLE GAME WAS GOING TO THE PLAYOFF.
And either would have been exposed just like UW was a couple of years back.

The Pac doesn't have a worthy team. They haven't since the early 2k's when Carroll's squad was an actual national power, not the pretenders the rest have been since. That's a fact.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And either would have been exposed just like UW was a couple of years back.

The Pac doesn't have a worthy team. They haven't since the early 2k's when Carroll's squad was an actual national power, not the pretenders the rest have been since. That's a fact.
Such rival bait.

Glad you posted and admitted Washington sucked in their CFP run. That's glorious.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live look at Washington football

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh-7.82.jpg

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

UO and UCF should play in the SportsHoopla Retard Bowl

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such rival bait.

Glad you posted and admitted Washington sucked in their CFP run. That's glorious.
UW that year was better than Oregon this year. Fact.

And neither was national stage worthy. Also fact.

Grow up. Wake up. Accept realty.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still seem to have misplaced your bookmarks...

I didnt bookmark them all so please come and join this thread

Here you go buddy. I'm sure you want to do the right thing and address your own words over there where it belongs right?
No one saw us losing to Arizona State, no one saw us even losing to Utah. The outlook was Oregon winning the PAC with 1 loss and getting that 4th spot. Everyone knew it, you knew it, that's why the boost of excitement that Arizona State got the upset.

Go root for Alabama or one of your perceived better conference teams.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here after a brutal loss with thoughts of writing out an apology to all, an apology that Oregon would not be in the college football playoff and the college football fans would miss out on the chance to see the Ducks take on LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson. I know that thought of absence has saddened me since last night's game in Tempe went to 00:00.

Instead I log in and see an abundant of notifications in my alerts. So much so that I'll be straight, I didn't click on a single one. The large quantity of alerts made me realize this.....People cheer for when the great fall. Last night also made me realize the task of going unbeaten in Pac-12 play and the depth of the conference.

Oregon started the year off by scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game. Oregon, unlike Alabama, Oklahoma, Utah, Ohio State, Clemson, decided to showcase to the world they were willing to step out of the comfort shadows of cupcake non conference scheduling and face an SEC West team in Texas. The Ducks would go on and fall short of beating the Auburn Tigers, but in the loss, Oregon controlled most of the game, and led all the way to the final seconds. A game many would say if it was replayed, Oregon would win. Especially if they had a healthy WR core at the time.

What did Oregon do from that loss? They went on to win 9 straight games. The Ducks went on to win 7 straight PAC-12 conference games, and locked up the PAC-12 North division title by mid November. The talk around college football was Oregon wins out and we get treated to a Ducks playoff spot. A sure first round QB in Herbert showcasing his talents against either LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson.

7-1 stands Oregon in the PAC-12. 7-0 prior to last nights loss in Tempe, Arizona. What happened last night in Tempe was a showcase of how difficult this conference is. How difficult it is to go unbeaten in PAC-12 play. The conference is deep, and credit the conference of champions for scheduling 9 conference games. Credit to the Ducks for knowing that daunting 9 game conference schedule, yet still scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game.

The Ducks willingness to play anyone, anywhere, ultimately will cost them a shot at the College Football Playoff. Had Oregon avoided scheduling Auburn and schedule, say, Western Carolina, Oregon would have been 10-0 heading into last nights game. And if last nights result stayed the same, Oregon would be 10-1 this morning and still in talks and in reach of that 4th spot on the playoffs.

The loss stung, it still stings, but credit the Oregon Ducks for battling through non conference scheduling and also going 7 straight wins within the PAC-12. A conference that is so difficult and filled with great football teams. From top to bottom this is the most difficult conference, it is the conference of champions.

And in it all, a 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter was almost not enough! Oregon came roaring back and almost had it's greatest comeback, that would have surely kept their playoff hopes alive.

It was almost an epic journey to the playoffs that would have provided the college football world with great matchups. But that is what it takes to get through the conference of champions unscathed, an epic journey.

GAWD I WANT TO VOMIT!

Beavz are going to run/pass all over that garbage oregon D next week and then go bowling!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for pete sake we got Utah representing the PAC-12 South.

A division compiled of USC, UCLA, Arizona schools and UTAH is representing the division?!?!? This in here lies the problem we faced all season as a conference. WAKE THE F UP PAC-12
Blame yourself. You lose to an Arizona school every other year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw us losing to Arizona State, no one saw us even losing to Utah. The outlook was Oregon winning the PAC with 1 loss and getting that 4th spot. Everyone knew it, you knew it, that's why the boost of excitement that Arizona State got the upset.

No one? :L

Then what do you have to say about this thread
I didnt bookmark them all so please come and join this thread

You know, where EVERYONE predicted Oregon would fall and you claimed victory two weeks before the end of the season and refuse to go eat any of the crow you tried to serve.

More facts.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure what you watched, but I saw Oregon lose to Arizona State. It was on TV and everything.

It's an interesting thing, but what you think will happen and what actually happens is why the play the games. Those Ws and Ls are earned, not just handed out based on opinion. I'm surprised you haven't gotten the gist of this yet, or maybe I shouldn't be?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's what OD does.

The Ducks aren't an elite team. There really isn't anyone outside of his bubble that would debate that.

Just like UW wasn't an elite team when they did actually reach the playoffs.

The Pac hasn't had a complete team ready for the national stage since Pete Carroll's USC teams.

Those are facts most of us can accept. OD simply buys too much into his team when they are the ones feeding on the mediocrity. When it was UW we simply just hoped to get lucky knowing we didn't have a team really built for that stage.
This is why when asked about Bama making the playoffs, my comment is no thank you. I dont think Bama can stand toe to toe, with or without Tua, in a championship tyoe game. Bama is too injured on all fronts, to be effective in a playoff game. Auburn is gonna be hard enough on this team, much less playing the likes of tOSO LSU, or Clemson.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me here rooting for USC to hire Urban Meyer just so this conference can challenge Oregon.

Don't do that. If you wish for him, he'll come....and then you're an also-ran for the next 6 or 7 years. Ask Michigan. If I was you I might be trying to convince Texas to get rid of Herman and hire Urban Meyer to replace him.

547044972511b_urban_meyer.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you watched, but I saw Oregon lose to Arizona State. It was on TV and everything. It's an interesting thing, but what you think will happen and what actually happens is why the play the games. Those Ws and Ls are earned, not just handed out based on opinion. I'm surprised you haven't gotten the gist of this yet, or maybe I shouldn't be?
Oregon played a bad 3 quarters and in just 11 minutes of deciding to play they almost pulled out the come back victory.