• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Conference of Champions - Epic Journey

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here after a brutal loss with thoughts of writing out an apology to all, an apology that Oregon would not be in the college football playoff and the college football fans would miss out on the chance to see the Ducks take on LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson. I know that thought of absence has saddened me since last night's game in Tempe went to 00:00.

Instead I log in and see an abundant of notifications in my alerts. So much so that I'll be straight, I didn't click on a single one. The large quantity of alerts made me realize this.....People cheer for when the great fall. Last night also made me realize the task of going unbeaten in Pac-12 play and the depth of the conference.

Oregon started the year off by scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game. Oregon, unlike Alabama, Oklahoma, Utah, Ohio State, Clemson, decided to showcase to the world they were willing to step out of the comfort shadows of cupcake non conference scheduling and face an SEC West team in Texas. The Ducks would go on and fall short of beating the Auburn Tigers, but in the loss, Oregon controlled most of the game, and led all the way to the final seconds. A game many would say if it was replayed, Oregon would win. Especially if they had a healthy WR core at the time.

What did Oregon do from that loss? They went on to win 9 straight games. The Ducks went on to win 7 straight PAC-12 conference games, and locked up the PAC-12 North division title by mid November. The talk around college football was Oregon wins out and we get treated to a Ducks playoff spot. A sure first round QB in Herbert showcasing his talents against either LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson.

7-1 stands Oregon in the PAC-12. 7-0 prior to last nights loss in Tempe, Arizona. What happened last night in Tempe was a showcase of how difficult this conference is. How difficult it is to go unbeaten in PAC-12 play. The conference is deep, and credit the conference of champions for scheduling 9 conference games. Credit to the Ducks for knowing that daunting 9 game conference schedule, yet still scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game.

The Ducks willingness to play anyone, anywhere, ultimately will cost them a shot at the College Football Playoff. Had Oregon avoided scheduling Auburn and schedule, say, Western Carolina, Oregon would have been 10-0 heading into last nights game. And if last nights result stayed the same, Oregon would be 10-1 this morning and still in talks and in reach of that 4th spot on the playoffs.

The loss stung, it still stings, but credit the Oregon Ducks for battling through non conference scheduling and also going 7 straight wins within the PAC-12. A conference that is so difficult and filled with great football teams. From top to bottom this is the most difficult conference, it is the conference of champions.

And in it all, a 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter was almost not enough! Oregon came roaring back and almost had it's greatest comeback, that would have surely kept their playoff hopes alive.

It was almost an epic journey to the playoffs that would have provided the college football world with great matchups. But that is what it takes to get through the conference of champions unscathed, an epic journey.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, your season so far is bookended with defeats.
Got it.

Thanks.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here after a brutal loss with thoughts of writing out an apology to all, an apology that Oregon would not be in the college football playoff and the college football fans would miss out on the chance to see the Ducks take on LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson. I know that thought of absence has saddened me since last night's game in Tempe went to 00:00.

Instead I log in and see an abundant of notifications in my alerts. So much so that I'll be straight, I didn't click on a single one. The large quantity of alerts made me realize this.....People cheer for when the great fall. Last night also made me realize the task of going unbeaten in Pac-12 play and the depth of the conference.

Oregon started the year off by scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game. Oregon, unlike Alabama, Oklahoma, Utah, Ohio State, Clemson, decided to showcase to the world they were willing to step out of the comfort shadows of cupcake non conference scheduling and face an SEC West team in Texas. The Ducks would go on and fall short of beating the Auburn Tigers, but in the loss, Oregon controlled most of the game, and led all the way to the final seconds. A game many would say if it was replayed, Oregon would win. Especially if they had a healthy WR core at the time.

What did Oregon do from that loss? They went on to win 9 straight games. The Ducks went on to win 7 straight PAC-12 conference games, and locked up the PAC-12 North division title by mid November. The talk around college football was Oregon wins out and we get treated to a Ducks playoff spot. A sure first round QB in Herbert showcasing his talents against either LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson.

7-1 stands Oregon in the PAC-12. 7-0 prior to last nights loss in Tempe, Arizona. What happened last night in Tempe was a showcase of how difficult this conference is. How difficult it is to go unbeaten in PAC-12 play. The conference is deep, and credit the conference of champions for scheduling 9 conference games. Credit to the Ducks for knowing that daunting 9 game conference schedule, yet still scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game.

The Ducks willingness to play anyone, anywhere, ultimately will cost them a shot at the College Football Playoff. Had Oregon avoided scheduling Auburn and schedule, say, Western Carolina, Oregon would have been 10-0 heading into last nights game. And if last nights result stayed the same, Oregon would be 10-1 this morning and still in talks and in reach of that 4th spot on the playoffs.

The loss stung, it still stings, but credit the Oregon Ducks for battling through non conference scheduling and also going 7 straight wins within the PAC-12. A conference that is so difficult and filled with great football teams. From top to bottom this is the most difficult conference, it is the conference of champions.

And in it all, a 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter was almost not enough! Oregon came roaring back and almost had it's greatest comeback, that would have surely kept their playoff hopes alive.

It was almost an epic journey to the playoffs that would have provided the college football world with great matchups. But that is what it takes to get through the conference of champions unscathed, an epic journey.
giphy.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, your season so far is bookended with defeats.
Got it.

Thanks.
How I wish we played in the Big12 rathe than the PAC-12. Life would be so much easier taking on Texas Tech, Kansas, Baylor, Texas of the world.

Remember the last time Oregon played Kansas State and Texas? We won.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I wish we played in the Big12 rathe than the PAC-12. Life would be so much easier taking on Texas Tech, Kansas, Baylor, Texas of the world.

And Oklahoma. And Oklahoma State.

We'll pretend we've never played TCU.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah
Arizona State is a Juggernaut alright.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My notification said I love you and block out the haters.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 sending the most teams bowling of any conference.

Colorado beat Washington.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The PAC is the second to worst P5 conference.
Capture.JPG

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy (15).gif

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 sending the most teams bowling of any conference.

Colorado beat Washington.
pac12 is complete garbage. Yall woudl lose to kansas this year hell 75% of the pac woudl lose to kansas

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team had gone unbeaten in conference play since the PAC went to 12 teams. Oregon was very close.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a hearty congratulations to all the posters who actually read every sentence of that idiotic drivel. :suds:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Michigan to beat Ohio State so we get the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a hearty congratulations to all the posters who actually read every sentence of that idiotic drivel. :suds:
i read til the part where he thought his replies (alerts) made oregon great lmfao first line or two i think. :D he thinks we are making fun of oregon when it is 99% making fun of him 1% making fun of oregon

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash team and even trashier poster

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pac12 is complete garbage. Yall woudl lose to kansas this year hell 75% of the pac woudl lose to kansas
But if 75% of the Pac would beat Nebraska what does that make Nebraska? :think: