• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker Mayfield keeping up the Oklahoma tradition

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry was arraigned on 4 charges including sexual assault as well as felony assault and battery,resisting arrest or obstructing an officer.As well as two misdemeanors of fourth -degree sexual assault and under age drinking . That is a fact....

Harbaughs stances in the past.Especially when dealing with Ray McDonald who was arrested for domestic violence. Beating his pregnant significant other. Was to allow him to play until the legal process was complete. Mixon's charges were dropped. Under Harbaughs standards In several player arrests including Perry. Mixon's charges were dropped. Are you saying Mixon wasn't suspended

"Stoops has been criticized for allowing Mixon to rejoin the Sooners following a one-season suspension after he fractured four bones in Oklahoma student Amelia Molitor's face. Stoops first watched the surveillance video with university president David Boren and athletic director Joe Castiglione at the Cleveland County District Attorney's office, shortly after the incident occurred."

You already stated you feel a player can be rehabbed and play following the same event.When you addressed the FSU player playing for FAU.

Michigan receiver Grant Perry charged with sexual assault

JT Barret was arrested for drunk driving and received a slap on the wrist.Should Mayfield have just stated He's the Oklahoma QB? Or that its Halloween so its ok?

As well as discounting the differential of Harbaugh being arrested for running a stop sign and being found guilty for driving under the influence. Which is far more dangerous than public intoxication. Committed by Mayfield who is of the legal drinking age. All that said I'm not seeing the logic in your argument or profiling one university. Glass houses and contradictions. These actions apply much further than one university.Glass house

R u just ignoring my responses and posting the same thing over and over? See my previous responses on ray mcdonald, Grant Perry, Harbaugh, etc.

And not sure what JT Barrett has to do with this either. There was a thread about that when it happened too. What you seem to ignore is -- Mixon's case dragged out because nothing was released to the public until now.

And you can continue to say charges were dropped, but Mixon pled guilty in court. It'd be like saying Harbaugh never had a DUI because it was over 7 years ago, so it is no longer on his record.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats romeo thats great to hear. I wish you all a lot of happiness :suds:

Thanks, man. It's s big transition and our lives have changed forever, but it's definitely a good change and we're so excited about it. Very glad to be having a boy to get to do all the stuff you get to do with your son. Also really glad we'll have a son to carry our name forward as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to. But to chastise mayfield for public intoxication. And ignore Harbaughs actions.Its really kind of redundant. Don't we have a thread for all player arrests?This is far from one university.
Harbaugh's happened like a decade ago. Want to know what no one will be talking about in a decade? Joe Mixon.

It is the only reason it is being talked about now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R u just ignoring my responses and posting the same thing over and over? See my previous responses on ray mcdonald, Grant Perry, Harbaugh, etc.

And not sure what JT Barrett has to do with this either. There was a thread about that when it happened too. What you seem to ignore is -- Mixon's case dragged out because nothing was released to the public until now.

And you can continue to say charges were dropped, but Mixon pled guilty in court. It'd be like saying Harbaugh never had a DUI because it was over 7 years ago, so it is no longer on his record.

Mixon's case didn't drag out at all. You're wrong there. He was charged and plead guilty and sentenced over three years ago. There's still a civil case pending but the public release didn't have anything to do with that at all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, man. It's s big transition and our lives have changed forever, but it's definitely a good change and we're so excited about it. Very glad to be having a boy to get to do all the stuff you get to do with your son. Also really glad we'll have a son to carry our name forward as well.
Amen about the son. Wvery night before bed I play catch with a stuffed baseball with my son and the other day he asked me to take him to buy a basketball.
I'm not sure if you are close with your dad, but if you are -- one of my favorite moments of my son's birth was seeing the look on his face when he held him for the first time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon's case didn't drag out at all. You're wrong there. He was charged and plead guilty and sentenced over three years ago. There's still a civil case pending but the public release didn't have anything to do with that at all.
The case wasn't strung out. The release of the video and speculation on what was on the video is what was dragged out. If it were all released at once -- this wouldn't be nearly the issue it is for him now. Then again -- if it were released at the beginning, he may have never played for OU though?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not ignoring your responses. It just seems to me s lot of people are not holding other incidents to the same standard.As far as what Mayfiekd did.You have to admit what Barrett did was far worse. There is a massive difference between public intoxication. And getting behind the wheel drunk.,

And these Oklahoma threads are getting old. I believe you get my point. This is not just exclusive to Oklahoma. These actions have been a part of college football for years. And it ranges on a much higher scale. Wouldn't it make much more sense to you. To field a topic that covers the entire spectrum. Of violence and crimes. As well as the manner they are handled. In college football in general? It is a major issue.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case wasn't strung out. The release of the video and speculation on what was on the video is what was dragged out. If it were all released at once -- this wouldn't be nearly the issue it is for him now. Then again -- if it were released at the beginning, he may have never played for OU though?

I personally don't believe it would've changed how they handled it. The comments about handling things differently came on the heels of a string of other cases involving athletes that occurred after the Mixon incident which created culture in which people are now viewing these things with a no tolerance one strike mindset in which all cases are pretty much viewed the same.

With that said, I have to point out one thing. Molitor's attorneys were the ones fighting its release. I understand why, I'm just stating in spite of incorrect information that has been put out there absolutely nobody associated with the school had any involvement in any aspect of the legal proceedings of that case. People have tried to imply or flat out incorrectly stated that the university tried to conceal that tape. That is completely false and has no basis in fact whatsoever.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring your responses. It just seems to me s lot of people are not holding other incidents to the same standard.As far as what Mayfiekd did.You have to admit what Barrett did was far worse. There is a massive difference between public intoxication. And getting behind the wheel drunk.,

And these Oklahoma threads are getting old. I believe you get my point. This is not just exclusive to Oklahoma. These actions have been a part of college football for years. And it ranges on a much higher scale. Wouldn't it make much more sense to you. To field a topic that covers the entire spectrum. Of violence and crimes. As well as the manner they are handled. In college football in general? It is a major issue.

Again, my issue is the hypocrisy in the matter. Where is the outrage over the Mississippi state player who had a video taken of him standing over a young female lying on the ground and punching her repeatedly? Where is the outrage over his punishment? One fucking game suspension? Where are all of the white knights in this case? It's hypocrisy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't believe it would've changed how they handled it. With that said, I have to point out one thing. Molitor's attorneys were the ones fighting its release. I understand why, I'm just stating in spite of incorrect information that has been put out there absolutely nobody associated with the school had any involvement in any aspect of the legal proceedings of that case. People have tried to imply or flat out incorrectly stated that the university tried to conceal that tape. That is completely false and has no basis in fact whatsoever.

Molitor's attorney couldn't conceal the video nor request it be concealed. They didn't own the video. The reason it was concealed is because it was never introduced as evidence in court, because he took a plea deal, so the court ruled it didn't fall under the Freedom of Information act.

The court had a copy, the business had a copy, who said they would not release it and Molitor's attorney had a copy to use for the civil suit.

At least this is how the Oklahoman reported it. Do you have a link that says Molitor was responsible for the video being held up?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's happened like a decade ago. Want to know what no one will be talking about in a decade? Joe Mixon.

It is the only reason it is being talked about now.
That is exactly why I brought up De'Andre Johnson. Who was caught on tape hitting a female in a bar.And recruited by Kiffin. And JT Barrett both were current events in close relation to the topics. You also have Sprinkle who returned to Ohio State after having serious cocaine charges reduced.SC's kicker has been suspended indefinitely pending an investigation.There's a laundry list we can discuss..... So why just focus on Oklahoma?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Molitor's attorney couldn't conceal the video nor request it be concealed. They didn't own the video. The reason it was concealed is because it was never introduced as evidence in court, because he took a plea deal, so the court ruled it didn't fall under the Freedom of Information act.

The court had a copy, the business had a copy, who said they would not release it and Molitor's attorney had a copy to use for the civil suit.

At least this is how the Oklahoman reported it. Do you have a link that says Molitor was responsible for the video being held up?

I didn't say she was responsible. I said it was her attorney that was the only one who made any request or comment on the video at all. When the suit was being filed to have the tape released it was only her attorney that made any statement about it at all and they did state that they did not want the video released. Whether they had any power over it is not my point. All I'm saying is that the program and university has absolutely no hand in how the investigation was handled or whether the tape was released, nor the timing of its release.

But look, I don't want this to turn into another Mixon thread. The conversation is civil right now but as soon as other undesirables come in here with no intention other to be an asshole and shit all over everything this thread will turn to a steaming pile of shit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my issue is the hypocrisy in the matter. Where is the outrage over the Mississippi state player who had a video taken of him standing over a young female lying on the ground and punching her repeatedly? Where is the outrage over his punishment? One fucking game suspension? Where are all of the white knights in this case? It's hypocrisy.
This is the same issue I have. Theres a whole lot of hypocrisy. And a lot of contradiction through ignorance. By not discussing all of these incidents and holding them to the same standard. It seems more like an agenda rather than the disgust displayed on the actual topic of violence.And the makers in which teams are handling and punishing these incidents to prevent these actions. This goes much further than one university.

On the topic while public intoxication and mayfield decision wasn't the best. A college student being drunk is about the same as the sky being blue. Its not like he was behind the wheel of a vehicle.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny was better at drinking...

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference you seem to be overlooking is no one is defending that player or Mississippi State's response to it.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the QB kicked out of Florida State for punching the girl. Then had to attend a junior college in Mississippi before he was able to sign with another Division 1 program?

If you ask me -- FSU handled it perfectly. Kicked him out immediately and the kid had to go sign at a JC to play and earn his way back.

Words you usually don't see in a sentence together for $500

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference you seem to be overlooking is no one is defending that player or Mississippi State's response to it.

Nobody had to. There was no attention paid whatsoever.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly why I brought up De'Andre Johnson. Who was caught on tape hitting a female in a bar.And recruited by Kiffin. And JT Barrett both were current events in close relation to the topics. You also have Sprinkle who returned to Ohio State after having serious cocaine charges reduced.SC's kicker has been suspended indefinitely pending an investigation.There's a laundry list we can discuss..... So why just focus on Oklahoma?

Who is only focusing on OU? I've commented about Johnson and Barrett when it happened, even though Johnson is a terrible example, as FSU literally gave him the worst punishment you can -- kicking him off the team.

I made the thread for Mayfield, because OU and Stoops is who has been in the headlines, because of the Mixon situation and all the tape finally made public. Was interested to see how Stoops handles it.

Also, I agree, a DUI is worse than public intox, but public intox isn't the only thing Mayfield was charged with.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is only focusing on OU? I've commented about Johnson and Barrett when it happened, even though Johnson is a terrible example, as FSU literally gave him the worst punishment you can -- kicking him off the team.

I made the thread for Mayfield, because OU and Stoops is who has been in the headlines, because of the Mixon situation and all the tape finally made public. Was interested to see how Stoops handles it.

Also, I agree, a DUI is worse than public intox, but public intox isn't the only thing Mayfield was charged with.
How is Barrett a bad example? Both incidents are alcohol related. There was also already a thread on the mayfield topic. What makes no sense is the focus on Oklahoma. Why ignore the rest of the incidents in the NCAA Mississippi State etc.... ?

That's total BS, Mississippi State