• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk about the AFC North

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore's the most talented, yes.

Pittsburgh's the best coached.

And Cleveland is, well, they probably have the best pocket passer which can make them dangerous any given year depending on the rest of the team.

Cincy has an exciting QB that could bring fan excitement. That new energy could give them a chance to win games they weren't winning with Dalton when everything dusted. But not this year.

Now, on to business.

Baltimore is not sweeping Pittsburgh again. I also do not see them repeating 5-1. 4-2 likely.

Pittsburgh does not have to go to Cleveland until week 17. If the Browns are done, then they could give Baltimore the division with a win. In fact, Pittsburgh CAN go 5-1 if they win this game.

It's considered taboo to go against what LJ did last year, but I'm not going against what he did last year. Any offense can be neutralized by the time of possession. In fact, SF and Buffalo did it. It's amazing when you consider their four-game stretch of running over NE, Cinci, Houston, and LAR was enough to make them an SB favorite(all teams with TOP ranked out of the top ten outside NE and they were gassed). Because before that, they weren't looking like that since week 1. It will be interesting to see how they play at places like Indianapolis, Houston, Philadelphia, and New England.

Pittsburgh went 8-8 with terrible QB play and they certainly improved the backup spot this offseason. Their defense was much better than previous years, meaning with a healthy Big Ben they are dangerous. It helps that their last five games are all winnable and there's no hard game after another. They're a 10-6 team already with a healthy Big Ben but can always win one or two more games.

Cleveland needs to be patient. the schedule didn't quite go their way. Everyone's banking on them beating the Jaguars, Giants, and Jets, but we'll see. Them facing Jacksonville right after Pittsburgh does not look good. The Steelers and Browns have been in 1-3 limbo in road games against both divisions. If that continues, the Browns(and ODB) WILL NOT beat the Giants. If the Browns are not patent, they will lose Mayfield when his contract is up or he throws a tantrum to get the hell out of there. They could go 6-10 again but feel that 9-7 is their ceiling meaning everything has to go right for them against the Jaguars, Giants, and Jets.

I think it's between Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about sex baby, let's talk about you and me

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Cleveland is, well, they probably have the best pocket passer which can make them dangerous any given year depending on the rest of the team.

Cincy has an exciting QB that could bring fan excitement. That new energy could give them a chance to win games they weren't winning with Dalton when everything dusted. But not this year.

Now, on to business.

Baltimore is not sweeping Pittsburgh again. I also do not see them repeating 5-1. 4-2 likely.

Pittsburgh does not have to go to Cleveland until week 17. If the Browns are done, then they could give Baltimore the division with a win. In fact, Pittsburgh CAN go 5-1 if they win this game.

It's considered taboo to go against what LJ did last year, but I'm not going against what he did last year. Any offense can be neutralized by the time of possession. In fact, SF and Buffalo did it. It's amazing when you consider their four-game stretch of running over NE, Cinci, Houston, and LAR was enough to make them an SB favorite(all teams with TOP ranked out of the top ten outside NE and they were gassed). Because before that, they weren't looking like that since week 1. It will be interesting to see how they play at places like Indianapolis, Houston, Philadelphia, and New England.

Pittsburgh went 8-8 with terrible QB play and they certainly improved the backup spot this offseason. Their defense was much better than previous years, meaning with a healthy Big Ben they are dangerous. It helps that their last five games are all winnable and there's no hard game after another. They're a 10-6 team already with a healthy Big Ben but can always win one or two more games.

Cleveland needs to be patient. the schedule didn't quite go their way. Everyone's banking on them beating the Jaguars, Giants, and Jets, but we'll see. Them facing Jacksonville right after Pittsburgh does not look good. The Steelers and Browns have been in 1-3 limbo in road games against both divisions. If that continues, the Browns(and ODB) WILL NOT beat the Giants. If the Browns are not patent, they will lose Mayfield when his contract is up or he throws a tantrum to get the hell out of there. They could go 6-10 again but feel that 9-7 is their ceiling meaning everything has to go right for them against the Jaguars, Giants, and Jets.

Cleveland has the best pocket passer?? Ok, now I know you're just trolling for attention, no one is this sincerely this stupid.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the offer but I'm good, besides I don't swing that way. I'm just not in what alien species you are.

Don't flatter yourself, offer was for Brees#1

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't flatter yourself, offer was for Brees#1
laughing-then-crying-gif-tumblr-03.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the offer but I'm good, besides I don't swing that way. I'm just not in what alien species you are.

aw c'mon. do it. have sex with sonny.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have to?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Steelers probably had the worst offense in the NFL and the Ravens probably had the best. Bengals had the worst overall team and the Browns had the worst coaching.

This is pretty close to the same division as the AFC West. You have a returning favorite - Chiefs/Ravens. You have the overachiever that could get to the playoffs if they could wake up the bad side of the team - Raiders/Steelers. You have the teams with good roster but have no idea if they are mature enough to take the next step - Broncos/Browns. You have teams with rookie QBs and talent on the roster but maybe not enough trench play - Bengals/Chargers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw c'mon. do it. have sex with sonny.

Woah OJB I said talk, nothing about having sex, plus he's a Rams fan pfff and gets off on Aaron Donald

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has the best pocket passer?? Ok, now I know you're just trolling for attention, no one is this sincerely this stupid.
Doubled up with "Cleveland needs to be patient".

1 playoff appearance this century. Their last playoff win was Jan '95. 4 playoff wins in 50 years.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you hate that more than the OP hates interracial marriages?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you actually read that?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, on to business.

My way too early projection...No one really knows what HOU is going to look like and everyone plays them.

PIT...11-5...the Steelers get the chance to jump out the gates with 3 games they will likely be the favorite in...@ NYG, DEN, HOU, then @ TN...anything less than 3-1 after the 1st Q is bad.

BAL...10-6...the 1st five weeks...I like the Ravens to win their opener vs CLE and to be 4-1, no worse than 3-2. They don't often lose to inferior talent and they have @ HOU w/o a legit WR, @ WAS, CIN...the opener with CLE and a home game against KC week 3.

CLE...agree with you here...9-7...even though they won't get the preseason hype they got a year ago, I think they still need to learn how to be the hunted. Especially being the better team on the road. A good start I think is important for every team, but with @ BAL, CIN, WAS, @ DAL....2-2 after the 1st Q would be a good start imo...3-1 or better would be great obviously, but 1-3 could spell trouble with IND, @PIT, @ CIN, LV the next 4 up.

CIN...5-11...I think the rookie will start out the gates. He will have some good weapons outside and in the backfield (assuming Mixon is there)...the problem with most teams led by young QBs...winning on the road...the only games I can see them winning on the road...WAS and MIA. They will sneak up and beat somebody in the DIV, plus I like them at home wk 1 vs the Chargers, few others. Not ready for postseason yet.

So...I'm going homer with the Steelers, but obviously much depends on Ben's health. With him I think the Steelers have he best balance OFC to DEF in the DEF...and a favorable schedule.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh being best-coached is kinda questionable. I would probably take Harbaugh over Tomlin, although being able to tame AB as long as he did deserves recognition.

It didn't show in the playoff game vs TN LY, but imo the Ravens are the best coached team in the DIV. He seems to go thru DCs and OCs on the regular but the quality of play rarely falls off from year to year. Harbaugh and Roman are now faced with the task of taking Jackson's game to the next level...from an MVP season. This is the same thing Jim Mora Jr was faced with in ATL with Mike Vick, and Rivera in CAR with Cam.

If history tells us anything...BAL is going to continue to use Jackson to the best of his strengths until those strengths are no longer there. That's going to yield the most wins, and that's all you can ask a HC for, but history also tells us that a QB that runs (designed runs) as much as BAL calls on this kid to run...they won't win another SB.

We shall see.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Pittsburgh is the best coached”

lmao