• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk about it. AFC edition

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got now?

Bengals are out with today's news
Buffalo is regressing.
Two teams need to prove they can win against Marquee teams( Miami and Jacksonville)
Cleveland has Qb issues
Pittsburgh is Good but are they good enough

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh doesn't make sense. They could end up the #1 AFC seed and never outgain an opponent at all this season and have both Offense and Defense ranked 30th or worse.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got now?

Buffalo is regressing.
Two teams need to prove they can win against Marquee teams( Miami and Jacksonville)
Cleveland has Qb issues
Buffalo will right the ship on Sunday

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably looking at a Miami/Baltimore AFC title game IMO.

The Bills and Chiefs just can't/won't run the damn ball even in plus matchups or when they're up. And if they're down, they basically don't run at all. That's not going to work well in the playoffs against teams like Miami and Baltimore.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh doesn't make sense. They could end up the #1 AFC seed and never outgain an opponent at all this season and have both Offense and Defense ranked 30th or worse.
I have never been more convinced Mike Tomlin is some kind of warlock.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens kinda seem like the team to beat. I do think Lamar Jackson himself if the major variable. The WR are okay and likely only 1 good TE but its not top tier skill players imo. Really solid roster and Lamar. They're in it.

Chiefs have the highest upside. Defense is there, offense needs more from WRs and short yardage. Feels like they could figure it out but very beatable atm.

Houston basically slots in as the new Cinci. Hot QB, pass game is solid. A bit of a wild card. I'd have them third.

Miami really isnt hitting the big play against good teams. They're a good team but I think them winning the AFC would mean more about the other teams. I think we know who Miami is.

Weirdly Id probably have Denver as the dark horse. Very dark. Buffalo if they make the playoffs is totally in it, too. Browns probably in this pack, too

Steelers are a good football team but...kinda like the Giants last year. Maybe they get a win but its hard seeing them win a SB. Not sure how the Jags have so many wins, either.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels hot take-y, but this is what I got right now:

1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Dolphins
5. Jaguars
6. Browns
7. Steelers (biggest 'winner' of the Bengals/Bills immolation going on atm)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens may get#1 or #2 seed but won't win the AFC CShip.... Lamar Jackson's turn overs and negative plays will catch up to them in the post season... Same reason Josh hasn't been able to get his team to the SB... Just not sold on QB's that cough of the ball, especially in the postseason...

I feel the AFC CShip will go to the Chiefs and/or Jax..

Overall, I'm rootin for the Texans... :D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels hot take-y, but this is what I got right now:

1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Dolphins
5. Jaguars
6. Browns
7. Steelers (biggest 'winner' of the Bengals/Bills immolation going on atm)
In terms of upside, I have the same top 4. We've seen a few years where the Chiefs look kinda overrated halfway through the season and by the end of it they're in championship form. We might see that again this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got now?

Buffalo is regressing.
Cleveland has Qb issues
Gotta be either KC or Baltimore, doesn't it? Miami as a possibility too.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we kidding? It's KC, right?

You all KNOW Taylor is going to be there for the playoff games.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs, Ravens and Dolphins are the 3 favorites in the AFC, in that order

The Chiefs are the most dangerous team - they have the best QB in the NFL and have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

The Ravens are a bigger threat this year than they’ve been in past years because they have more receiving weapons and a better passing attack, and their defense is always solid. I think Lamar is capable of leading them to a championship.

The Dolphins have a very explosive offense and are good but they have trouble on the road against good teams. If the Dolphins can get the #1 seed and home field advantage they will be a very hard out.

I think those 3 teams are the favorites to get to the Super Bowl on the AFC side - the other teams are a long shot -

The AFC South battle between the Texans and Jags is interesting, I think the Texans will win the division, they have a really good offense, Stroud is playing as well as any QB in the NFL. I could see both the Texans and Jags getting into the playoffs, but both are long shots to win the AFC - the Jags are very inconsistent while the Texans defense isn’t that good.

The Bills have a talented team but their upcoming schedule is really hard and they turn the ball over too much and make too many sloppy mistakes.
The Bengals and Browns are toast with their QBs out for the year.
The Steelers offense is just subpar, you have to have a consistent offense in order to contend for a championship and the Steelers don’t have it.
The Chargers have a good offense and a good QB but they frequently find ways to choke in big games.
The Broncos have improved a lot and have a shot at the playoffs but I don’t think they have enough to win the AFC.

So I think the Chiefs, Ravens and Dolphins are the top 3 teams in the AFC, obviously there’s still a ways to go and anything could happen, but those 3 are the best in the AFC right now IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs, Ravens and Dolphins are the 3 favorites in the AFC, in that order

The Chiefs are the most dangerous team - they have the best QB in the NFL and have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

The Ravens are a bigger threat this year than they’ve been in past years because they have more receiving weapons and a better passing attack, and their defense is always solid. I think Lamar is capable of leading them to a championship.

The Dolphins have a very explosive offense and are good but they have trouble on the road against good teams. If the Dolphins can get the #1 seed and home field advantage they will be a very hard out.

I think those 3 teams are the favorites to get to the Super Bowl on the AFC side - the other teams are a long shot -

The AFC South battle between the Texans and Jags is interesting, I think the Texans will win the division, they have a really good offense, Stroud is playing as well as any QB in the NFL. I could see both the Texans and Jags getting into the playoffs, but both are long shots to win the AFC - the Jags are very inconsistent while the Texans defense isn’t that good.

The Bills have a talented team but their upcoming schedule is really hard and they turn the ball over too much and make too many sloppy mistakes.
The Bengals and Browns are toast with their QBs out for the year.
The Steelers offense is just subpar, you have to have a consistent offense in order to contend for a championship and the Steelers don’t have it.
The Chargers have a good offense and a good QB but they frequently find ways to choke in big games.
The Broncos have improved a lot and have a shot at the playoffs but I don’t think they have enough to win the AFC.

So I think the Chiefs, Ravens and Dolphins are the top 3 teams in the AFC, obviously there’s still a ways to go and anything could happen, but those 3 are the best in the AFC right now IMO.
I will say the one thing i disagree with here is the idea that the Browns are toast. DTR...Flacco....maybe only a small chance that one of them brings them back up but they aren't really built like the Bengals. Browns are built for playoff football. They just need average QB play.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the one thing i disagree with here is the idea that the Browns are toast. DTR...Flacco....maybe only a small chance that one of them brings them back up but they aren't really built like the Bengals. Browns are built for playoff football. They just need average QB play.
If Nick Chubb was healthy I would agree that the Browns might have a chance, as they could use a rush heavy offense with a top 5 RB in the NFL in Chubb, but without both Chubb and Deshaun I don’t see it happening. Besides both DTR and PJ Walker were pretty bad when they played in place of Deshaun earlier in the year. I don’t think either are capable of leading a team to the playoffs.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money would be on the Chiefs. They have a better D than they've had since they've had Mahomes. And I have to believe Mahomes will find another gear when they get to the postseason. The Ravens are the other serious contender in the AFC and I'd be more optimistic about them if I thought they would be healthy enough to make a run over the next 2.5 months. They lost Andrews yesterday which is a huge blow. I'm not sure anyone can watch OBJ thinking that he is going to stay healthy. And obviously Lamar scares me from a health standpoint as well. They have a terrific D and they are well coached.... I just don't trust them as much as KC.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks to me to be more and more likely we see a Mahomes/ Lamar match-up in the AFC. The Texans are a nice feel good story and props to them and to CJ Stroud but likely not a match for the top 2. They could, however win the AFCS because the Jags have a tough stretch of games including @Houston 9 days from now who they already lost to. The Bills are clinging to life right now and can't afford to continue their roller coaster ride but they have a tough schedule too. To me, Miami has been a bit fugazi. Obviously, that offense can steamroll bad teams but when they've faced legit defenses, it's been a different story. Chargers could be a dark horse but I can't trust their coaching. Steelers have the defense but all of Tomlin's magic pixie dust isn't overcoming that offense, imo. Browns might still get in and upset somebody.