• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk about it. AFC edition

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks to me to be more and more likely we see a Mahomes/ Lamar match-up in the AFC. The Texans are a nice feel good story and props to them and to CJ Stroud but likely not a match for the top 2. They could, however win the AFCS because the Jags have a tough stretch of games including @Houston 9 days from now who they already lost to. The Bills are clinging to life right now and can't afford to continue their roller coaster ride but they have a tough schedule too. To me, Miami has been a bit fugazi. Obviously, that offense can steamroll bad teams but when they've faced legit defenses, it's been a different story. Chargers could be a dark horse but I can't trust their coaching. Steelers have the defense but all of Tomlin's magic pixie dust isn't overcoming that offense, imo. Browns might still get in and upset somebody.
There are some pretty genuinely terrible metrics with the Chargers defense. They're a dark horse to bottom out completely imo

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs by a country mile!
Ravens should be #2 but Lamar will never win a superbowl & I seriously doubt he ever sees one. (but the 2nd part is possible due to a team sport)
Dolphins are the AFC's Cowboys. Sometimes looks awesome other times WTF? Need consistency to make it to the ship.
Texans would be my wild card Dark horse that no one sees coming. Which means I dont think they will, but possible for the "would you look at that" comment.
Browns could have had it all together with a decent QB, but since they have none. Cross them off
Jags. Nah!
Steelers is fools gold. Not even a consideration.
Thought Chargers would play a role this season, but they are the same ol' how do we waste talent team. Until the door closes.
Bengals are done for the year with Burrow out.
Bills. Have no clue what happened, but dont see them rallying this year to make it to the Superbowl.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens should be #2 but Lamar will never win a superbowl & I seriously doubt he ever sees one. (but the 2nd part is possible due to a team sport)
Dolphins are the AFC's Cowboys. Sometimes looks awesome other times WTF? Need consistency to make it to the ship.
Texans would be my wild card Dark horse that no one sees coming. Which means I dont think they will, but possible for the "would you look at that" comment.
Browns could have had it all together with a decent QB, but since they have none. Cross them off
Jags. Nah!
Thought Chargers would play a role this season, but they are the same ol' how do we waste talent team. Until the door closes.
Bills. Have no clue what happened, but dont see them rallying this year to make it to the Superbowl.
Mostly agree with your ranking but I'd tweek it a little:

Chiefs by a bit
Ravens @ #2
Dolphins @3 Their offense will run into the wrong defense in the playoffs
Texans @ #4? IDK, feels like maybe this feel good story has us overly optimistic, but what the heck I'll go with it.
Browns @ #5. Their defense feels like Sisyphus rolling that immense boulder uphill, at some point the defense will slip and get run over.
Steelers Nope
Jags Nah
Chargers Don't see it.
Bengals ARE done
Bills.......feel if they can fix the turn over problem could be the spoiler in the playoffs.....if they can make the playoffs that is.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens look impressive, as always.
Go Browns!!

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags. Nah!

Never win a super bowl? Didn't know you could see into the future

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never win a super bowl? Didn't know you could see into the future
Image result for yep gifs