• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Conference of Champions - Epic Journey

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if any other program in this conference want to take this thing of football seriously? Oregon is out here shouldering it all.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon played a bad 3 quarters and in just 11 minutes of deciding to play they almost pulled out the come back victory.

Too bad it wasn't for the horse shoes championship, close counts there.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here after a brutal loss with thoughts of writing out an apology to all, an apology that Oregon would not be in the college football playoff and the college football fans would miss out on the chance to see the Ducks take on LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson. I know that thought of absence has saddened me since last night's game in Tempe went to 00:00.

Instead I log in and see an abundant of notifications in my alerts. So much so that I'll be straight, I didn't click on a single one. The large quantity of alerts made me realize this.....People cheer for when the great fall. Last night also made me realize the task of going unbeaten in Pac-12 play and the depth of the conference.

Oregon started the year off by scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game. Oregon, unlike Alabama, Oklahoma, Utah, Ohio State, Clemson, decided to showcase to the world they were willing to step out of the comfort shadows of cupcake non conference scheduling and face an SEC West team in Texas. The Ducks would go on and fall short of beating the Auburn Tigers, but in the loss, Oregon controlled most of the game, and led all the way to the final seconds. A game many would say if it was replayed, Oregon would win. Especially if they had a healthy WR core at the time.

What did Oregon do from that loss? They went on to win 9 straight games. The Ducks went on to win 7 straight PAC-12 conference games, and locked up the PAC-12 North division title by mid November. The talk around college football was Oregon wins out and we get treated to a Ducks playoff spot. A sure first round QB in Herbert showcasing his talents against either LSU, Ohio State, or Clemson.

7-1 stands Oregon in the PAC-12. 7-0 prior to last nights loss in Tempe, Arizona. What happened last night in Tempe was a showcase of how difficult this conference is. How difficult it is to go unbeaten in PAC-12 play. The conference is deep, and credit the conference of champions for scheduling 9 conference games. Credit to the Ducks for knowing that daunting 9 game conference schedule, yet still scheduling Auburn in a "neutral" site game.

The Ducks willingness to play anyone, anywhere, ultimately will cost them a shot at the College Football Playoff. Had Oregon avoided scheduling Auburn and schedule, say, Western Carolina, Oregon would have been 10-0 heading into last nights game. And if last nights result stayed the same, Oregon would be 10-1 this morning and still in talks and in reach of that 4th spot on the playoffs.

The loss stung, it still stings, but credit the Oregon Ducks for battling through non conference scheduling and also going 7 straight wins within the PAC-12. A conference that is so difficult and filled with great football teams. From top to bottom this is the most difficult conference, it is the conference of champions.

And in it all, a 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter was almost not enough! Oregon came roaring back and almost had it's greatest comeback, that would have surely kept their playoff hopes alive.

It was almost an epic journey to the playoffs that would have provided the college football world with great matchups. But that is what it takes to get through the conference of champions unscathed, an epic journey.

Did not read but..

26D96D64-9ABE-4156-9457-52E58C093E21.gif

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will and unfortunately for the conference of champions that will spell doom. Unfortunate we must cannibalize ourselves, meanwhile it takes 2 losses for an SEC team to drop out of the top 5.
Until you beat an SEC team this isn’t something you can bitch about.

Also for the record when you played Auburn we started a true freshman QB who had zero college starts.

Auburn’s defense has improved and we would skull fuck you if we played again.

My God you lost to Arizona State last night and somehow think you could beat Auburn if you played again.

Do the world a favor, beat Utah and then send the PAC Championship trophy to Auburn Alabama where it belongs.

PAC Champs 2 years in a row - Auburn Tigers.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw us losing to Arizona State, no one saw us even losing to Utah. The outlook was Oregon winning the PAC with 1 loss and getting that 4th spot. Everyone knew it, you knew it, that's why the boost of excitement that Arizona State got the upset.

Go root for Alabama or one of your perceived better conference teams.

I called ASU beating Oregon, even made an avy bet with another Oregon fan.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called ASU beating Oregon, even made an avy bet with another Oregon fan.

Here it is:

Pretty much a zero percent chance Oregon gets by Herm Edwards. And then it's likely they let ASU beat them twice when they play the civil war. But they'll beat Utah. Congrats on being a 3 loss conference champ.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, i was pretty sure you were going to lose that bet, too.

Weird things happen in the desert, and Herm Edwards has done better against ranked teams than unranked teams at ASU.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you beat an SEC team this isn’t something you can bitch about.

Also for the record when you played Auburn we started a true freshman QB who had zero college starts.

Auburn’s defense has improved and we would skull fuck you if we played again.

My God you lost to Arizona State last night and somehow think you could beat Auburn if you played again.

Do the world a favor, beat Utah and then send the PAC Championship trophy to Auburn Alabama where it belongs.

PAC Champs 2 years in a row - Auburn Tigers.
Oh, new to OD are you?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if any other program in this conference want to take this thing of football seriously? Oregon is out here shouldering it all.
4 straight years of finishing 4th in the Pac12 North. Acts like they have been some dominating force.

:rofl:

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear there is a #UCFuckingSupportGroup.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Michigan to beat Ohio State so we get the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl.
You don't really want that do you? Can you imagine the length of vacation that beat down would cause. And it's cold outside, there are no larping festivals in January.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love a good meltdown thread...

In summary. OP opens by telling everyone how deep the PAC 12 is.............

Last night also made me realize the task of going unbeaten in Pac-12 play and the depth of the conference.

7-1 stands Oregon in the PAC-12. 7-0 prior to last nights loss in Tempe, Arizona. What happened last night in Tempe was a showcase of how difficult this conference is. How difficult it is to go unbeaten in PAC-12 play. The conference is deep, and credit the conference of champions for scheduling 9 conference games.

The loss stung, it still stings, but credit the Oregon Ducks for battling through non conference scheduling and also going 7 straight wins within the PAC-12. A conference that is so difficult and filled with great football teams. From top to bottom this is the most difficult conference, it is the conference of champions.

It was almost an epic journey to the playoffs that would have provided the college football world with great matchups. But that is what it takes to get through the conference of champions unscathed, an epic journey.

To within minutes telling everybody how much the PAC 12 sucks.

Look at SEC, B1G, ACC, they are all top heavy with their own branded teams. It would be helpful to the PAC's overall perception if Washington and USC got to the level of Oregon and consistently won games and not lose to the lowly Colorado Buffaloes.
If other teams would carry their own damn weight we'd be fine and not having any sort of debate. But we got our "brand" teams losing to Colorado and putting up 8-4 seasons.
Our "brand" name coach in Mike Leach is going 6-5 and putting up basketball scores to try and beat a 5-6 Oregon state team.
When you got the conference investment of the only other team to compete with Oregon over the last decade being STANFORD you got a major problem.
I mean for pete sake we got Utah representing the PAC-12 South.

A division compiled of USC, UCLA, Arizona schools and UTAH is representing the division?!?!? This in here lies the problem we faced all season as a conference. WAKE THE F UP PAC-12

LMAO!!!!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read til the part where he thought his replies (alerts) made oregon great lmfao first line or two i think. :D he thinks we are making fun of oregon when it is 99% making fun of him 1% making fun of oregon
It’s almost like he didn’t create a thread to talk shit about how great Oregon was and how they are playoff bound.