• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bag The Shanny To Niners Rumors: Chip Kelly Is SF's New Head Coach

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess this is good for us in a couple of aspects.

Niners will suck, and no bidding war for Kirk hopefully

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for more Oregon players to be added to the 49ers roster. I wonder if Kelly will make a plea for the 49ers to gut any remaining talent from their roster?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for more Oregon players to be added to the 49ers roster. I wonder if Kelly will make a plea for the 49ers to gut any remaining talent from their roster?

If they are smart, they wont even invite Chip to the draft meetings, will lock him in his pond during the draft. And in the end tell him, coach what we give you and quack dafugup.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this now a potential landing spot for RG3?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this now a potential landing spot for RG3?

Why, they have Keap under contract. Kaep has a better health history, and would not require a season of IR to rehab from a cranialrectal separation procedure.

Bobs going to Dallas.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, they have Keap under contract. Kaep has a better health history, and would not require a season of IR to rehab from a cranialrectal separation procedure.

Bobs going to Dallas.
Why would he go to Dallas? He wants to play, he's the best QB in the league. I don't see him sitting the bench for another 2-3 years waiting for Romo to get hurt or retire. He's going to look for a team where he can play right away.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he go to Dallas? He wants to play, he's the best QB in the league. I don't see him sitting the bench for another 2-3 years waiting for Romo to get hurt or retire. He's going to look for a team where he can play right away.

He would go to Dallas for four reasons

1. Its a stones throw from Mom and Dad, so any time he needs a little ego stroking, Dad could be there in a jiff.
2. He would be worshiped in Texas again. (See Ego Stroking comment)
3. No one on the planet really believes Romo will survive next season, much less three more years.
4. Jerry Jones would give him all the Camera time he could ever desire and the moment he took over for Romo it becomes the RG3 show.. new and improved in 5DHD.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would go to Dallas for four reasons

1. Its a stones throw from Mom and Dad, so any time he needs a little ego stroking, Dad could be there in a jiff.
2. He would be worshiped in Texas again. (See Ego Stroking comment)
3. No one on the planet really believes Romo will survive next season, much less three more years.
4. Jerry Jones would give him all the Camera time he could ever desire and the moment he took over for Romo it becomes the RG3 show.. new and improved in 5DHD.
Actually, I think his home is closer to Houston. While I fall into point 3, it is a risk he would take waiting for Romo to be done. Plus, he doesn't want to be in a situation where he is constantly being compared to Romo. No, I don't see it. He doesn't want to be second fiddle to anyone and he would be in Dallas for a while.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think his home is closer to Houston. While I fall into point 3, it is a risk he would take waiting for Romo to be done. Plus, he doesn't want to be in a situation where he is constantly being compared to Romo. No, I don't see it. He doesn't want to be second fiddle to anyone and he would be in Dallas for a while.

You are not taking into account the mind of a narcissist. I think he would relish the shot at making Gruden, SMGM and guys like me eat crow twice a year. I get it he likely wants to start... but he would be the Backup GOD in Dallas. Where as, there are not many places he can go and start right now where he would be in the same situation... high expectations, low probability of success.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where RG will go, with Jerry, Dallas is a large possibility. RG will go where he thinks he will be the starter or at least the favorite to start. If Colin is in SF, I don't think RG goes there.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not taking into account the mind of a narcissist. I think he would relish the shot at making Gruden, SMGM and guys like me eat crow twice a year. I get it he likely wants to start... but he would be the Backup GOD in Dallas. Where as, there are not many places he can go and start right now where he would be in the same situation... high expectations, low probability of success.

That whole idea of revenge against a former team is more fan talk than anything else. Sure - RG3 would briefly enjoy doing well against the Redskins. However - I don't believe one of his primary motivations for a new landing spot is getting back at Gruden & the Redskins. Rather - I truly believe that he wants to play, be liked by the fans & ultimately get an opportunity to make $$ & win games.

Dallas would likely be a tossup for him. Sure - it is near his home & there is a chance that Romo gets hurt. However - there is just as good of a chance that Romo plays all of next season. Does RG3 really want to risk not playing an NFL game for a good part of 3 years or more? This would also likely impact his endorsement appeal & his eventual pay.

Another factor - is RG3 the best QB suited to be the backup for Romo? One of his biggest issues in DC was not fitting into the coaches system. The same could likely occur in Dallas. I would have to believe that a team like Houston would be much more suited for RG3 (& they would likely revise the system as needed). We will see.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Chip my ass. He's a dick, always has been a dick, and I don't root for dicks.

Speaking of that Griffin to Dallas seems to be the word but after watching Houston in the playoffs I'm not sure why he wouldn't go there.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Chip my ass. He's a dick, always has been a dick, and I don't root for dicks.

Speaking of that Griffin to Dallas seems to be the word but after watching Houston in the playoffs I'm not sure why he wouldn't go there.
One reason why he won't go to Houston is he may not be wanted there. They run a typical pro style offense, something that RG3 struggles with. Not sure it's in that team's best interest to bring a project in at QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason why he won't go to Houston is he may not be wanted there. They run a typical pro style offense, something that RG3 struggles with. Not sure it's in that team's best interest to bring a project in at QB.

With their extended list of recent horrible QBs why wouldn't they at least consider revising their offense for RG3 or some other QB?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their extended list of recent horrible QBs why wouldn't they at least consider revising their offense for RG3 or some other QB?
They might. But it would mean retooling the rest of the offense. Such as linemen that excel at zone blocking, RBs that excel at cut backs as opposed to power running, etc. those are significant changes for a guy that may not last a full season. But when you got nothing else, it might be worth a risk.