• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Lynn is the favorite to win the Bills Head Coaching Job

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first off say, I am lifelong Bills fan. I am 34 at the moment, and my first NFL game was the Bills and Giants Super Bowl. Not sure what happened at the end though. :-(

According my inside sources from Bills insiders, Anthony Lynn, the Bills interim coach for the Jets game, is the favorite to win the head coaching job.

What do you guys think of Lynn? Is he the right pick? Do you think he'll bring a playoff appearance?

Here's what we know about him:

- He's 48 years old.
- Played running back for the Broncos for 4 seasons and the 49ers for 2 seasons.
- Has two Super Bowl rings with the Broncos.
- Retired in 2000 after suffering too many neck injuries.
- Special teams assistant coach for 3 seasons for the Broncos.
- 2 seasons as a running backs coach for the Jags, Cowboys, and Browns.
- 6 seasons with the Jets as their running back coach.
- 2 season as the Bills running back coach.
- Became the Bills offensive coordinator after week 2 this season.
- Named interim coach for week 17 against the Jets.

My Pluses:
He's young (new energy, new ideas) and been a successful running backs coach.

My Negatives:
No head coaching experience and never been an offensive coordinator for a full season. I also don't like the fact he's connected to Rex.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lack of experience is concerning.

My question for you as a diehard Bills fan: Why is Whaley being allowed to make this hire? Won't it be his 4th head coach? Most GMs don't last for more than 2.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lack of experience is concerning.

My question for you as a diehard Bills fan: Why is Whaley being allowed to make this hire? Won't it be his 4th head coach? Most GMs don't last for more than 2.

I agree with you on the first part.

Doug Whaley was an "assistant GM" to Buddy Nix. I use the word "assistant" loosely. Nix was merely the stepping stone and wanted to gradually move Whaley into the GM position. Nix hired Chan Gailey. After Nix stepped down and promoted Whaley to the real GM position, he hired Marrone. When Marrone decided to leave the Bills in a cruel and unprofessional manner, the Pegulas (new owners of the Bills after Ralph died) hired Terrible Rex. Technically it would be his second hire.

Whaley is taking the range because the Pegulas are terrible at picking talent. See the Buffalo Sabres. They want Whaley to pick the head coach because they realize they have shown little success in picking the right coach.

I don't have much faith in Whaley, so I can't say he'll pick the "right" coach.

I hope I answered your question sir. Let me know if you want more clarification. I have to be humorous when talking about my team.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it his call to move on from Taylor?

The decision to ditch Taylor was purely the Pegulas. Their names are Terry and Kim. They also own the Buffalo Sabres.

They fired Rex. They benched Taylor. Basically they wanted to see if Manuel had any good in him. Both Manuel and Taylor are in a contract season. Don't expect them to return to Buffalo next season.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision to ditch Taylor was purely the Pegulas. Their names are Terry and Kim. They also own the Buffalo Sabres.

They fired Rex. They benched Taylor. Basically they wanted to see if Manuel had any good in him. Both Manuel and Taylor are in a contract season. Don't expect them to return to Buffalo next season.
There was an article today directly spelling out that the owners fired Ryan. RR tried to go 'above the head' of the GM, and talk about his future, and Pegulas fired his ass. Baaad move, bruh.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first off say, I am lifelong Bills fan. I am 34 at the moment, and my first NFL game was the Bills and Giants Super Bowl. Not sure what happened at the end though. :-(

According my inside sources from Bills insiders, Anthony Lynn, the Bills interim coach for the Jets game, is the favorite to win the head coaching job.

What do you guys think of Lynn? Is he the right pick? Do you think he'll bring a playoff appearance?

Here's what we know about him:

- He's 48 years old.
- Played running back for the Broncos for 4 seasons and the 49ers for 2 seasons.
- Has two Super Bowl rings with the Broncos.
- Retired in 2000 after suffering too many neck injuries.
- Special teams assistant coach for 3 seasons for the Broncos.
- 2 seasons as a running backs coach for the Jags, Cowboys, and Browns.
- 6 seasons with the Jets as their running back coach.
- 2 season as the Bills running back coach.
- Became the Bills offensive coordinator after week 2 this season.
- Named interim coach for week 17 against the Jets.

My Pluses:
He's young (new energy, new ideas) and been a successful running backs coach.

My Negatives:
No head coaching experience and never been an offensive coordinator for a full season. I also don't like the fact he's connected to Rex.

I went to that SB #25 year of the Gulf war so security was crazy and took 3 hrs to get into the stadium in Tampa. Unfortunately Norwood shanked the FG and NY won. Cool to see LT,Banks Johnson from NY and Smith,Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Tasker from Buffalo. fat tuna and BB dancing and hugging at end was tough to watch. I also went to the next 2 SB's and they got killed

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, that makes sense.

Seemed odd that a guy who started the season as QB coach, then on to OC would decide to go with a different signal caller the first game he's at the helm.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article today directly spelling out that the owners fired Ryan. RR tried to go 'above the head' of the GM, and talk about his future, and Pegulas fired his ass. Baaad move, bruh.

Sounds about right.

The Pegulas did make it clear that no playoff spot = bye bye Rex.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Anthony Lynn was fired yesterday evening. Anthony coached the Buffalo Bills from 2017-2018 with a combined record of 10-22."

:bored2:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him until now... I've always been a supporter of hiring in-house, but if he has connections to Rex then I don't understand why they'd want him. Seems impulsive considering his limited experience.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him until now... I've always been a supporter of hiring in-house, but if he has connections to Rex then I don't understand why they'd want him. Seems impulsive considering his limited experience.

Not sure how much any connections to Rex matter, as he's an offensive guy. He was previously RBs coach under Del Rio at Jacksonville, under Parcells at Dallas and under Crennel in Cleveland before signing with Rex's Jets. The real Rex cronies are defensive guys. Lynn has several interviews lined up, but those could be Rooney Rule interviews to some extent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure that the decision to ditch Taylor has been made. They didn't start him week 17 to avoid injury, which could trigger guarantees in his extension. They wanted the flexibility to let the new coach be involved in the Taylor decision. If Lynn stays, I would expect Tyrod to stay as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Jason LaCanfora:

The Bills, after finalizing Anthony Lynn as their head coach, will make a push for Gus Bradley as their defensive coordinator

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why break the streak of ineptitude now

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Jason LaCanfora:

The Bills, after finalizing Anthony Lynn as their head coach, will make a push for Gus Bradley as their defensive coordinator

Not a bad move, Bradley def had that Jax defense heading in a strong direction, his problem was QB development