• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly tells why Kaepernick is still unemployed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bleeding heart probably was the wrong term. Maybe contrarian? I actually enjoy the heck out of Hank, look forward to seeing his posts. Something I won't say about just anyone on SportsHoopla. However feel his theory that a Kaep is being blackballed out of hate is dead wrong. The NFL is guided by two important goals.

A) Making money
B) Winning, which is actually tied into A, because if you win it so much easier to make money.

I've heard the blackball theory before and it doesn't pass the mustard. I don't care if it's Kaep, Tebow or Rice. If a player can help with A or B then minor things like bad publicity can be put up with. Just look at the latest NFL draft. Mixon got drafted despite a god awful vid. The examples are numerous. I'll stick by my theory that if a player can help with A or B he'll still have a career, if not adios.I also think Hanks view on Kaeps ability is tainted by his desire to go against the crowd. Just my :2cents:.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, none of that applies to me at all. He'd make a serviceable BACKUP in the right system. He's certainly more talented than nearly ALL of the backups in the NFL.

All the rest is mostly in your imagination.

America has broad shoulders.

Easy chief, none that was aimed at you. Your another of my favorite posters to read, I'm starting to wonder if I got a soft spot for Canadians.:dhd:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Chip Kelly????

:noidea:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bleeding heart probably was the wrong term. Maybe contrarian? I actually enjoy the heck out of Hank, look forward to seeing his posts. Something I won't say about just anyone on SportsHoopla. However feel his theory that a Kaep is being blackballed out of hate is dead wrong. The NFL is guided by two important goals.

A) Making money
B) Winning, which is actually tied into A, because if you win it so much easier to make money.

I've heard the blackball theory before and it doesn't pass the mustard. I don't care if it's Kaep, Tebow or Rice. If a player can help with A or B then minor things like bad publicity can be put up with. Just look at the latest NFL draft. Mixon got drafted despite a god awful vid. The examples are numerous. I'll stick by my theory that if a player can help with A or B he'll still have a career, if not adios.I also think Hanks view on Kaeps ability is tainted by his desire to go against the crowd. Just my :2cents:.

It's OK.

I'll stick top my gins though.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got my own son with his own set of issues.

Like yesterday when he had a seizure, fell over backwards onto some slate stone stairs in our back yard.

Likely his umpteenth concussion. Bruises and contusions all over. 11 seizures yesterday in total.

Tough run for a 37 year old. Let alone the fact he has to live with me.....

No offense meant sonny, but I could not give a flying fuck how people think of me for defending Kaepernick.

Sucks for your kid. I can try to comprehend ( Almost 33 YO still living with his folks because of my HFA) but I can't because he has it a little Rougher than me. I might get a migraine here or there, sore shoulder, pulled muscle, Kindney Transplant but nothing that he has to deal with. Your a Saint for putting up with that.

This is coming from a Kid who admits he is not the most simple to handle. Sweet with a two way switch and hair trigger.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for your kid. I can try to comprehend ( Almost 33 YO still living with his folks because of my HFA) but I can't because he has it a little Rougher than me. I might get a migraine here or there, sore shoulder, pulled muscle, Kindney Transplant but nothing that he has to deal with. Your a Saint for putting up with that.

This is coming from a Kid who admits he is not the most simple to handle. Sweet with a two way switch and hair trigger.

HFA = High Functioning Autism?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is guided by two important goals.

A) Making money

I agree with the above for the most part. In fact, well, I think its a fact. Wasn't the reason or one of the reasons the Seattle thing fell through was Keap wanting too much money to be their back-up QB?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel your pain. And thanks.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets all take a knee and forget about Kaep for a minute and just be very, very thankful for Chip Kelly doing this interview instead of dismantling another roster somewhere else in the NFL!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy chief, none that was aimed at you. Your another of my favorite posters to read, I'm starting to wonder if I got a soft spot for Canadians.:dhd:

No, I got that. Just throwing out that it didn't apply to everyone in the thread. Not sure if it really applies to anyone in the thread. But I can't say that with any certainty.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the above for the most part. In fact, well, I think its a fact. Wasn't the reason or one of the reasons the Seattle thing fell through was Keap wanting too much money to be their back-up QB?

They were pretty careful to not pour gas on the fire. Their stated reason (per Carroll) was that Kaep is a starter in the league, and that their job was, obviously, exclusively backup.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep sucks

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody that ever mattered unless you are Canadian and trying to stir up shit in another country.

You're going to strain something.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB with Kaep's limited skill set that walks away from a 14M dollar contract, isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL.