• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad loss

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even begin to stress how disappointed I was in the run defense. Like I know Lee didn't play, but we knew what the Rams were gonna do. Didn't see enough 8 and 9 man fronts. Played too scared. Should have made Goff beat us, but we decided to let them establish a run game. Even on plays where it was 100% obvious Tavon Austin or Gurley would get the ball, they still couldn't stop it. Having no Lee is no excuse for that. Instincts have to kick in at some point for Jaylon Smith. Coming off serious injury is not an excuse to not show any kind of football instincts.
I was watching Smith today without Lee beside him, and he really struggled. He was a step late on every read, really looked lost

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Heath should be put on an island and blown up. Everybody but the coaches know this dude should be bagging groceries.
Earl. It is a shame we have said this for years. We were sick to our stomach with the news in the offseason that he was battling for the starting job. It may be time to question Rod.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I am boycotting and missed it

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomodach the fake Cowboys fan must be a sensitive lad.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is. Who are the real Cowboys? First half or 2nd half?
For the 1st time this year I'm worried we are a lot closer to the 2nd half team we saw today. If that's the case sit Elliott now and build for later.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're .500 and they look .500. The defense does not look improved outside of Lawrence and Dak looks like an excellent bus driver, but not the type to elevate the team outside of on occasion. Not to say he's bad, but to those fooling themselves about him being a young Tom Brady, hopefully reality is sinking in. He's really solid, but got a ways to go to be the type to truly elevate a team. We need that running game going or this season is screwed.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're .500 and they look .500. The defense does not look improved outside of Lawrence and Dak looks like an excellent bus driver, but not the type to elevate the team outside of on occasion. Not to say he's bad, but to those fooling themselves about him being a young Tom Brady, hopefully reality is sinking in. He's really solid, but got a ways to go to be the type to truly elevate a team. We need that running game going or this season is screwed.

They are definitely taking away certain things from Dak this year. Not sure how because we have so many weapons. The thing that scares me is a lot of our big plays have come on broken plays by both the offense and defense. How Hannah got that open today baffles me. Maybe that's the reason it was Hannah.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak can't carry a team like Romo could but he is a decent game manager.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were terrible in this game too. They aren't the reason the Cowboys loss, but I just want to point out that Jourdan Lewis was completely defenseless on Gurley's TD reception and there was no call and that 2 point conversion call on Frederick was a fucking joke. And Woods and Butler TDs were so obvious. How did the refs miss these calls?

I think I may be the only person that thought Frederick did hold. When they showed the replay I was like damn he did and Moose immediately said bad call.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not starting trouble... but Dak is a hell of a lot better then a "decent game manager".
Apples to apples, Dak is a Hell of a lot better than Romo was in year two. Dak might be in year 5 before he has as many picks as Romo had in year 2, and his Win percentage is better.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak didn't muff the punt. Dak didn't drop easy passes. Yes, Dak missed on a few easy passes and he had intercept-able passes but he was nowhere near the problem yesterday. He was part of the problem but nowhere near the biggest. Four TDs is enough to win football games. The Cowboys offense did next to nothing in the 2nd half, but they shouldn't have had to. The Cowboys should have spent the entire 2nd half running out the clock with the Rams being one-dimensional, but instead a muff punt changed the game and giving up the FG before half was just the icing on the cake after overcoming the muff punt. People bring up the muff punt, but allowing the Rams to get a FG before half was just as huge.

In the 2nd half, we all knew what was coming. Heavy dose of Gurley and some Tavon Austin. Every time Austin was on the field, everybody knew he was getting the ball and they couldn't stop it. In the 4th quarter, we knew Gurley was getting the ball and couldn't stop it. This isn't about Dak one bit. This is about the supporting cast not holding up their end of the bargain. I mean how much more do you expect Dak to elevate the team? He has helped put up 4 TDs in each of the past two weeks. What more do you want? How about the defense and Special Teams not allow 9 scoring drives?

Not accounting for the other team's best players is just flat out fucking laughable. This was an issue last week against the Cards with Fitz. Couldn't stop anyone in Denver. Better make sure you take away the other's team best weapon. That's priority one yet the Cowboys have failed to do that pretty much every week but Week 1. The Cowboys got lucky in Week 1 avoiding Beckham. In the past three weeks, they haven't been so lucky avoiding great weapons and they have done a terrible job of defending the opponent's best weapon. How do you give up a TD reception like that to Gurley? He just runs his route cleanly passed four or five defenders and not one Cowboy player thinks "hey, this is Gurley, their best weapon, maybe I should cover him." He's one of only a few weapons they have. Inexcusable.

Last edited:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak can't carry a team like Romo could but he is a decent game manager.
When exactly did Romo carry a team? Going 8-8 every year counts as carrying a team? Well, if that's the case, then yeah. Romo never carried a mediocre team into the playoffs. He always had a good team when he went to the playoffs. Romo fans are coming with false narratives now like he was some savior that carried the team. I remember a lot of .500 and big game losses. But hey, if saying he carried a mediocre team makes you feel better, then so be it. Not like the dude had a prime Witten, Dez, or Terrell Owens or anything.

Last edited: