• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad loss

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean your post was so excellent until that little bit. I just don't think you had to go there with anyone who thinks Romo could do better than Dak today is clueless, because I'm sure there are people out there that believes it that are great football minds

Not too many are bigger Romo fans than I, but I do try to be a realist when I grade the NFL Dallas included. Yes I wanted him to have a chance at winning back his job, but all along I acknowledged he's a sack away from back to the clipboard. A young Romo would be fine old Romo wouldn't last.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too many are bigger Romo fans than I, but I do try to be a realist when I grade the NFL Dallas included. Yes I wanted him to have a chance at winning back his job, but all along I acknowledged he's a sack away from back to the clipboard. A young Romo would be fine old Romo wouldn't last.

That is probably true.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why question the clueless remark?

An old Romo that wouldn't last is probably true but some would still take there chances. Probably isn't 100 percent. It was a crazy end to his football playing career.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He was good. Not sure why he was even brought up though:noidea:
Because even though we have a kid in his 2nd year with a 15-5 record, every time we lose some people start talking about missing Romo. I prefer to look at the other hand....say Jerry had pulled off trading up for Paxton Lynch as he wanted, we wouldn't have Dak(or Jaylon Smith for that matter) and we'd be more like 5-15. Then we could all pine for Romo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because even though we have a kid in his 2nd year with a 15-5 record, every time we lose some people start talking about missing Romo. I prefer to look at the other hand....say Jerry had pulled off trading up for Paxton Lynch as he wanted, we wouldn't have Dak(or Jaylon Smith for that matter) and we'd be more like 5-15. Then we could all pine for Romo
And that is where the luck factor comes in with sports. I think every single person on this board liked Dak at least a little before the draft and we all thought there was a very good chance we would get him based on the whispers. Some thought we should have gotten him earlier and some later, but he was on everyone's mind, just like he was on the Cowboys mind. But even with all of that the Cowboys saw an opportunity to move up and grab Lynch or Cook and tried hard and I was totally on board with both of those moves and would have done them myself too if I worked for the team. And not being able to pull off those two deals ended up the best thing for us. Sometimes patience is the key to the NFL draft as it is the key to watching a 16 game NFL season unfold

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is where the luck factor comes in with sports. I think every single person on this board liked Dak at least a little before the draft and we all thought there was a very good chance we would get him based on the whispers. Some thought we should have gotten him earlier and some later, but he was on everyone's mind, just like he was on the Cowboys mind. But even with all of that the Cowboys saw an opportunity to move up and grab Lynch or Cook and tried hard and I was totally on board with both of those moves and would have done them myself too if I worked for the team. And not being able to pull off those two deals ended up the best thing for us. Sometimes patience is the key to the NFL draft as it is the key to watching a 16 game NFL season unfold

I was not a fan of Dak, but I really like him as the QB for Dallas. I loved Romo when he was here. However, I moved on once Romo was done. What I like about Dak is that so far he has not thrown one of those drive killing interceptions that use to drive me crazy. I am glade Jerry did not get Lynch. I am not concerned about Dak. I am concerned about the coaching staff and defense going forward.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not a fan of Dak, but I really like him as the QB for Dallas. I loved Romo when he was here. However, I moved on once Romo was done. What I like about Dak is that so far he has not thrown one of those drive killing interceptions that use to drive me crazy. I am glade Jerry did not get Lynch. I am not concerned about Dak. I am concerned about the coaching staff and defense going forward.
Exactly.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's where we differ. I was the same way with Dorsett and the triplets. Of course with Irvin and Aikman there was closure. Lavar Arrington and the Philly turf provided that. Dorsett, Emmitt, Romo- not so much. Dorsett changed teams my first year of college and Dallas was on the way down so I didn't pay as much attention back then, but it pissed me off. 2003 really pissed me off. We went to the playoffs with Troy Hambrick and Richie Anderson as our backs, while Emmitt was in Arizona. In both cases though, they got to finish their careers on their terms. Romo - there is no closure for me. Let's say Dak and the boys don't go on their streak last yr and go 5-3, 4-4 and Romo gets his job back. I would bet the only way he was retiring was winning the Super Bowl or serious injury. He was forced out. He didn't want to play for anyone else. For me right now, I'm not near as into it as I was which is probably a good thing. I'm not near as nervous during the games. I don't even drink during the games anymore. I really didn't pay attention to the draft or training camp. Normally I'm reading everything I can. I'm just in a different place. I still love the Cowboys, just not as much as I used to. I got over Dorsett and Emmitt. Hopefully I get over this too

My point being- you both seem to say done. To me, he wasn't done

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where we differ. I was the same way with Dorsett and the triplets. Of course with Irvin and Aikman there was closure. Lavar Arrington and the Philly turf provided that. Dorsett, Emmitt, Romo- not so much. Dorsett changed teams my first year of college and Dallas was on the way down so I didn't pay as much attention back then, but it pissed me off. 2003 really pissed me off. We went to the playoffs with Troy Hambrick and Richie Anderson as our backs, while Emmitt was in Arizona. In both cases though, they got to finish their careers on their terms. Romo - there is no closure for me. Let's say Dak and the boys don't go on their streak last yr and go 5-3, 4-4 and Romo gets his job back. I would bet the only way he was retiring was winning the Super Bowl or serious injury. He was forced out. He didn't want to play for anyone else. For me right now, I'm not near as into it as I was which is probably a good thing. I'm not near as nervous during the games. I don't even drink during the games anymore. I really didn't pay attention to the draft or training camp. Normally I'm reading everything I can. I'm just in a different place. I still love the Cowboys, just not as much as I used to. I got over Dorsett and Emmitt. Hopefully I get over this too

I have always been and always will be TEAM first. Players come and go, I refuse to get overly attached to them. If I were a GM no player and I do mean NO PLAYER would be off limits to be a trade-able asset in which I could improve the team. Of course the price I'd sell for might make many of those trade un-doable.

Before the team redid all those contracts in order to sign Romo I was ready to trade EVERY valuable asset including Ware and Witten.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been and always will be TEAM first. Players come and go, I refuse to get overly attached to them. If I were a GM no player and I do mean NO PLAYER would be off limits to be a trade-able asset in which I could improve the team. Of course the price I'd sell for might make many of those trade un-doable.

Before the team redid all those contracts in order to sign Romo I was ready to trade EVERY valuable asset including Ware and Witten.

I am TEAM first too. I want the Dallas Cowboys to win no matter who the player or Coaching Staff is. Just win Baby!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all get to pick what we want in life. You pick the player over the team. That is something I personally could never do, and don't even understand unless that player was my kid. But, it's your right to choose that and no one can tell you that you can't. But Tony Romo just couldn't get through an NFL season at this point. His body is why he is in the booth. He could still be a good QB for a game or two, but he is fragile and he was fragile two years ago. He just couldn't do it any more and it would have been difficult to watch him try, knowing he could be seriously hurt at any time. I would thnk as one of his biggest fans you would NOT want that. That doesn't make his career any less impressive. But Father time ended his career, not the 2016 draft.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of you have now stressed this team thing, and I understand why because it does sound like I become a fan of the individuals and put them ahead of everything. I guess in some ways that's true but I have had one good friend/ classmate and another friend of my family play in the NFL and I didn't switch for that reason. I've coached or coached against quite a few MLB players right now that if they play the Cubs - I hope they strike out or get rocked. There is a pitcher for the Cardinals right now that lives a mile or 2 from me. I feel the same way. I will never change being a Cowboy fan. I admit when Emmitt was a Cardinal, I was hoping he would dominate. He did play against Dallas though and I was still strongly for the Cowboys. Players come and go, I get that. Romo may have been one hit away, but I still wanted him to go out on his terms. It would have been interesting to me if he went to Denver. Week 2 would have been a mess for me. I mean I wanted Emmitt to go for 200 that day he played us. I think Roy Williams knocked him out after the first carry.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going by this which you clearly seemed to infer was due to Romo no longer being our QB. Not sure how I could have misread it, but maybe I did?:

For me right now, I'm not near as into it as I was which is probably a good thing. I'm not near as nervous during the games. I don't even drink during the games anymore. I really didn't pay attention to the draft or training camp. Normally I'm reading everything I can. I'm just in a different place. I still love the Cowboys, just not as much as I used to

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going by this which you clearly seemed to infer was due to Romo no longer being our QB. Not sure how I could have misread it, but maybe I did?:

For me right now, I'm not near as into it as I was which is probably a good thing. I'm not near as nervous during the games. I don't even drink during the games anymore. I really didn't pay attention to the draft or training camp. Normally I'm reading everything I can. I'm just in a different place. I still love the Cowboys, just not as much as I used to

U didn't misread. It's kind of like last year the Eagles game at home. I'm not judging anyone about their level of fandom, but I remember people saying they didn't watch the fourth quarter and went to bed because we were having a rough game. I would never miss a play and still won't.