• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad loss

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not starting trouble... but Dak is a hell of a lot better then a "decent game manager".
It's not even the calling Dak a decent game manager that bothered me, it was the fact that he suggested Romo could carry a team better. Carry them to what? I don't remember Romo carrying one mediocre-to-bad Cowboy team to a record better than 8-8. I remember several Romo collapses. And yes I realize it wasn't all Romo's fault but he played his part in those losses. And Cowboy fans bashed Danny White. Romo wasn't even Danny White.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said it would cause trouble - It did. One guy in here said something about Romo. Another called Dak a really good bus driver. For some reason Romo is now the one getting blasted. Why? I'm not going to go through what Romo had and didn't have. I will say I once saw the guy go for over 500 and put up close to 50 and he was criticized for costing us the game. That was then, this now though. This isn't about Romo anymore. He didn't lose that game . This about Dak. With all the talk about objectivity on here, it's time some of you start showing some. Over the yrs, there have always been a few whipping boys for many to blame when things didn't go right. Romo being number one, then Free, Carr, Wilcox , T Williams, Dez, Heath, in some order. 4 of those are gone. How Williams hasn't been brought up for his dropped two point conversion- I can't believe it. Not that I would blame him anyway. But if we are honestly objective- Is Dak really playing well right now ? Sure he has made some great plays by extending them, but down to down-play to play- it hasn't been the same Dak. How many times have you screamed at the TV when he has thrown short of the first down this yr.? And today he did it with the game on the line. I'm not blaming the losses on Dak. It's the whole damn team. It's OK to be critical of the guy. You don't have to worry about Romo taking his job. Do I miss Romo.? You damn right I miss Romo. Maybe Guns is baiting some of you because he says it. There are fans out there that do miss him. He was a hell of a player. But he isn't here anymore and still getting bashed.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont you Shut the Fuck up about Romo!!! You post like you are a child. Grow up!!!
I'll talk about Romo as often as I want. This is an opinion forum you dumb asshole.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not starting trouble... but Dak is a hell of a lot better then a "decent game manager".
This thread is for Cowboy's fans so get the hell out of here.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When exactly did Romo carry a team? Going 8-8 every year counts as carrying a team? Well, if that's the case, then yeah. Romo never carried a mediocre team into the playoffs. He always had a good team when he went to the playoffs. Romo fans are coming with false narratives now like he was some savior that carried the team. I remember a lot of .500 and big game losses. But hey, if saying he carried a mediocre team makes you feel better, then so be it. Not like the dude had a prime Witten, Dez, or Terrell Owens or anything.
Romo is one of the best QB's in Cowboy's history while Dak had a good rookie season. It's too early in his career to label Prescott a better QB than Tony.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is one of the best QB's in Cowboy's history while Dak had a good rookie season. It's too early in his career to label Prescott a better QB than Tony.

And it is too early to call him a Game Manager too. You are the one pumping up Romo over Dak. You call it too early, but you were the one who started it. LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Romo talk is off base because it doesn't even matter if you think Romo in his prime was better for this team than Dak is today. Romo is 37 and an old 37. He was too fragile to play in the NFL 2 years ago. He wouldn't be able to help this team today unless he came to the stadium in a time machine. Aikman looks pretty fit, why not bring him back?

I couldn't watch the game because some genius decided to put a HS Football game on Sunday and since it wasn't on "regular tv" here, I couldn't record it either. so I'll mostly ignore this game other than the highlights and will go on the other games. Dak was under a lot of pressure and has been all year, but he has to be more accurate than he has been. Three things made him great last year: accuracy, protecting the ball and clutch plays. He has taken a step backwards on all 3 and needs to be better. No, this teams poor performance isn't because of Dak of course, but when your defense plays like ours has at times and the running game isn't working quite as well as it did last year someone needs to step up and right or wrong that is part of being a QB in the NFL. One or two more plays a game is all you need and he did it last year. He needs to do it this year. I think he will come along and I think all of the drops will decrease as well. The team just isn't consistent or firing on all cylinders right now. Problem #1. Get Sean Lee healthy. Problem #2 get the DBs and other defenders back (Hitchens, Irving). Problem #3 the OL and running game and Dak need to play better.

It's been 4 weeks and we are 2-2. It's not a big deal or anything that can't be overcome. But if you are panicking right now don't even watch next week against GB because there is a good chance we will be 2-3 after that one...but that would still be way too early to panic...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Romo talk is off base because it doesn't even matter if you think Romo in his prime was better for this team than Dak is today. Romo is 37 and an old 37. He was too fragile to play in the NFL 2 years ago. He wouldn't be able to help this team today unless he came to the stadium in a time machine. Aikman looks pretty fit, why not bring him back?

I couldn't watch the game because some genius decided to put a HS Football game on Sunday and since it wasn't on "regular tv" here, I couldn't record it either. so I'll mostly ignore this game other than the highlights and will go on the other games. Dak was under a lot of pressure and has been all year, but he has to be more accurate than he has been. Three things made him great last year: accuracy, protecting the ball and clutch plays. He has taken a step backwards on all 3 and needs to be better. No, this teams poor performance isn't because of Dak of course, but when your defense plays like ours has at times and the running game isn't working quite as well as it did last year someone needs to step up and right or wrong that is part of being a QB in the NFL. One or two more plays a game is all you need and he did it last year. He needs to do it this year. I think he will come along and I think all of the drops will decrease as well. The team just isn't consistent or firing on all cylinders right now. Problem #1. Get Sean Lee healthy. Problem #2 get the DBs and other defenders back (Hitchens, Irving). Problem #3 the OL and running game and Dak need to play better.

It's been 4 weeks and we are 2-2. It's not a big deal or anything that can't be overcome. But if you are panicking right now don't even watch next week against GB because there is a good chance we will be 2-3 after that one...but that would still be way too early to panic...

Great Post!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Accuracy problem - he isn't throwing to Beasley and Witt as much this yr
Taking care of the ball - 3 INTs in 4 games isn't bad at all. That's on pace for 12. Besides Rodgers, Brady and maybe a couple of others- that's a good number IMO. Now he has had quite a few dropped this yr, but all Qbs have some dropped. The INT yesterday was because his arm got hit and the ball went up in the air. Clutch plays- the run vs Arizona was clutch. The 4rth quarter drive yesterday was clutch. The last drive not so much

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers will be a tough test, but they aren't playing great either. Yes they are 3-1, but they are banged up. They have an X factor in Arod but I think we play well next week

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers against this defense scares me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accuracy problem - he isn't throwing to Beasley and Witt as much this yr
Taking care of the ball - 3 INTs in 4 games isn't bad at all. That's on pace for 12. Besides Rodgers, Brady and maybe a couple of others- that's a good number IMO. Now he has had quite a few dropped this yr, but all Qbs have some dropped. The INT yesterday was because his arm got hit and the ball went up in the air. Clutch plays- the run vs Arizona was clutch. The 4rth quarter drive yesterday was clutch. The last drive not so much
I'm not necessarily blaming him for those things or saying he is doing poorly in those areas, just saying he isn't doing them quite as well as he did last year.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense still isnt all that. Until we can win the trenches on defense it will stay as it is. No matter how well DBs do. On Offense I am still waiting to replace Williams. He still drops way to many passes. The one for the 2 point conversion was literally in his hands & oops! He will get his catches & someone will say see, he is doing good. Well he should be, since he will always be in single coverage. We definitely need an upgrade at #2 WR. I wont blame Dak for dropped passes. Did he play a perfect game? No. But he sure as hell didnt lose it for us either. Ultimately that landed on the defense. you score in the 30's you should win. Even when both teams score in the 30's which defense shows up in the 4th usually will win. We couldnt stop shit in the 4th. So even if the 2 pt conversion would have tied the game the Rams would have gotten into field goal range & win. Defense is why we lost. Not Dak, the OL or even butter hands Williams. This conversation reminds me of when Romo put 45 on the board & they lost because the defense gave up over 50! I for one dont like when the QBs get all the credit but lets be real, they deserve all the blame either.
We cant play against Eli every week to make our Defense look better than it is.
On a positive note. I did like some of what I saw of our young DBs. Considering we weren't getting pressure & the Rams were still throwing the ball away often. Its a good sign to grow on.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well my 2 cents and add 6 bucks and you can get a coffee and a muffin at Starbucks in Dallas
Dak will be fine he is in his second year way 2 early to anoint or condemn

The Cowboys replaced 2 players on the OL and it shows Collins might be ok at RT but we still need a LG neither Green nor Cooper seem to be the answer.
We still need another Pass rusher besides Lawrence and it looks like we still need Interior DL help and another Linebacker besides Lee for the run hopefully Jaylen continues to improve . Maybe David Irving coming back will help on the DL maybe not.
Dez and Dak need to get on the same page I'm not assigning blame but Usually the QB knows where the ball is supposed to go. Bottom line the Boys have holes some way worse than others. But IMHO we have a shot at making the playoffs and that's all you can ask for. From that point anything can happen.

Draft Day is a long way off but LB OL DL help along with a possible WR need to be looked at but that's not the issue that can be addressed now.

For now we cheer and sneer and bitch and kvetch till the last game is over :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well my 2 cents and add 6 bucks and you can get a coffee and a muffin at Starbucks in Dallas
Dak will be fine he is in his second year way 2 early to anoint or condemn

The Cowboys replaced 2 players on the OL and it shows Collins might be ok at RT but we still need a LG neither Green nor Cooper seem to be the answer.
We still need another Pass rusher besides Lawrence and it looks like we still need Interior DL help and another Linebacker besides Lee for the run hopefully Jaylen continues to improve . Maybe David Irving coming back will help on the DL maybe not.
Dez and Dak need to get on the same page I'm not assigning blame but Usually the QB knows where the ball is supposed to go. Bottom line the Boys have holes some way worse than others. But IMHO we have a shot at making the playoffs and that's all you can ask for. From that point anything can happen.

Draft Day is a long way off but LB OL DL help along with a possible WR need to be looked at but that's not the issue that can be addressed now.

For now we cheer and sneer and bitch and kvetch till the last game is over :suds:
I think when all is said and done the OL will be fine. Heck, it's the superstars right now as much as the new guys that need to be better.

I for one wouldn't mind if Beasley or Witten led the team in targets next week. Dez had a huge game against GB in the playoffs, but it still seems like half of the passes to him are forced. I'm not specifically blaming him or Dak or Linehan. Just saying if something isn't working, change it. Then when the defense opens up and shifts away from his a little he will automatically get more looks.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say Dak was a better QB. I'm asking what did Romo carry. To 8-8 seasons and big game losses? Sure, I'll give you that. All the playoff teams he led were good teams.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said it would cause trouble - It did. One guy in here said something about Romo. Another called Dak a really good bus driver. For some reason Romo is now the one getting blasted. Why? I'm not going to go through what Romo had and didn't have. I will say I once saw the guy go for over 500 and put up close to 50 and he was criticized for costing us the game. That was then, this now though. This isn't about Romo anymore. He didn't lose that game . This about Dak. With all the talk about objectivity on here, it's time some of you start showing some. Over the yrs, there have always been a few whipping boys for many to blame when things didn't go right. Romo being number one, then Free, Carr, Wilcox , T Williams, Dez, Heath, in some order. 4 of those are gone. How Williams hasn't been brought up for his dropped two point conversion- I can't believe it. Not that I would blame him anyway. But if we are honestly objective- Is Dak really playing well right now ? Sure he has made some great plays by extending them, but down to down-play to play- it hasn't been the same Dak. How many times have you screamed at the TV when he has thrown short of the first down this yr.? And today he did it with the game on the line. I'm not blaming the losses on Dak. It's the whole damn team. It's OK to be critical of the guy. You don't have to worry about Romo taking his job. Do I miss Romo.? You damn right I miss Romo. Maybe Guns is baiting some of you because he says it. There are fans out there that do miss him. He was a hell of a player. But he isn't here anymore and still getting bashed.
Romo is getting blasted because he deserves it. Just as Dak would deserve it if he doesn't deliver. Romo was a very good QB, but it is a big stretch to say he carried the Cowboys to anything. All the playoff teams he led were really good teams. All those times where Cowboy fans think he was "carrying the team," were a bunch of failure seasons with no playoff berths and numerous elimination game losses. And even in those years Romo always had pretty good weapons like Witten. But nobody ever suggests Witten carried the Cowboys even though nobody could guard him in his prime and Witten never missed games. It's just "Romo carried the team."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is getting blasted because he deserves it. Just as Dak would deserve it if he doesn't deliver. Romo was a very good QB, but it is a big stretch to say he carried the Cowboys to anything. All the playoff teams he led were really good teams. All those times where Cowboy fans think he was "carrying the team," were a bunch of failure seasons with no playoff berths and numerous elimination game losses. And even in those years Romo always had pretty good weapons like Witten. But nobody ever suggests Witten carried the Cowboys even though nobody could guard him in his prime. It's just "Romo carried the team."

I'd say Romo never had a very talented team around him, and the early returns this year suggest Daks team around him ain't that special either.

This team has potential to do great things, if the DBs developed and the OL plays like its 2016. Pieces are still needed, primarily a block eating, run stopping DT.

Reactions: GNG

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Romo never had a very talented team around him, and the early returns this year suggest Daks team around him ain't that special either.

This team has potential to do great things, if the DBs developed and the OL plays like its 2016. Pieces are still needed, primarily a block eating, run stopping DT.
07, 09, 14 were all good teams. Not SB caliber but good. One of them should have at least made NFC Championship.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is getting blasted because he deserves it. Just as Dak would deserve it if he doesn't deliver. Romo was a very good QB, but it is a big stretch to say he carried the Cowboys to anything. All the playoff teams he led were really good teams. All those times where Cowboy fans think he was "carrying the team," were a bunch of failure seasons with no playoff berths and numerous elimination game losses. And even in those years Romo always had pretty good weapons like Witten. But nobody ever suggests Witten carried the Cowboys even though nobody could guard him in his prime and Witten never missed games. It's just "Romo carried the team."

Romo deserves to be blasted ????