• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Average Joe's Quick Slant

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D/ST rankings are up
Someone has to be able to strongly disagree?
Ex: Look where I put the Rams.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D/ST rankings are up
Someone has to be able to strongly disagree?
Ex: Look where I put the Rams.
Only way the Eagles don't have a top ten unit is if the offense is just awful. Even then they'll still score. Kept the ST coach and Schwartz runs a fine defense. This Dline will create pressure.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u for sure cannot predict defensive scoring
I saw, this this morning and wanted to comment then, but thought about of and on all day. .I think you can predict, on a year long basis, who will be a solid defense. .at least just as well as we can predict who the top RB's will be, QB, WR's, ect..
It's true you can't predict defensive scores, or special teams scores, and to a lesser degree, it's almost impossible to predict turnovers. But, with at least some certainty, you can predict defenses who won't allow a ton of points and yards, and it's not hard to identify a defense that will score abnormally high sacks. At least in terms of what we generally feel comfortable saying is predictable in fantasy terms, a defense can be just as easy as anything else, because you go based on what you do know, and than hope for a little extra instead of a little less.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw, this this morning and wanted to comment then, but thought about of and on all day. .I think you can predict, on a year long basis, who will be a solid defense. .at least just as well as we can predict who the top RB's will be, QB, WR's, ect..
It's true you can't predict defensive scores, or special teams scores, and to a lesser degree, it's almost impossible to predict turnovers. But, with at least some certainty, you can predict defenses who won't allow a ton of points and yards, and it's not hard to identify a defense that will score abnormally high sacks. At least in terms of what we generally feel comfortable saying is predictable in fantasy terms, a defense can be just as easy as anything else, because you go based on what you do know, and than hope for a little extra instead of a little less.
that i agree with, but defensive touchdowns is strictly what i was referring too

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut - Was just wondering if your comment above is in response to the "surprise" D/ST that was mentioned in the D/ST Rankings comments?

Which late round DST is most likely to be the breakout unit this season?

Joe: Call me crazy, but it could just be the Philadelphia Eagles. Hear me out. In Chip Kelly’s regime, when the fast-paced offense failed to sustain a drive, they were off the field in almost less time than a commercial break. Consequently, the Eagles defense had to take the field for a league high 34 minutes 9 seconds per game (on average). They were gassed. Despite this, in many standard leagues the Eagles finished 12th in D/ST scoring! Imagine what they might accomplish if they aren’t as exhausted when their offense isn’t off the field in 60 seconds.​

BTW: A new "Ramblings" article was posted Friday morning. It's a brief look at Sleepers, Contract-Year Players, Pre-Ranking Cons, and KR/PR Players.
Yes, it's another shameless plug.

Just a reminder that you can strongly disagree with a comment on the Fantasy Assembly site.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those are very interesting. I would have never guessed that Andre Ellington would be 3rd in usage percentage on the Cardinals. Looked like Zeke was the usage winner, but I think it would have been Leveon in a landslide if he played even 14 games.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

what's the local quick slant on Bears/Jeffery talks?
anything there, or is it more than likely he's playing somewhere else next year?

if Alshon is gone, then what are your thoughts on the White/Meredith/Wilson combo to pick up the slack?
Or are these questions pointless to ponder until QB tabbed/draft fall out?

I always like getting thoughts of the local sports fanatics, especially when they have a level-headed point of view on most things.