• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Average Joe's Quick Slant

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the local quick slant on Bears/Jeffery talks?
anything there, or is it more than likely he's playing somewhere else next year?

if Alshon is gone, then what are your thoughts on the White/Meredith/Wilson combo to pick up the slack?
Or are these questions pointless to ponder until QB tabbed/draft fall out?

I don't think this will be quick.

Most of the local talk is about the QB.
Many in the media are wagering that the Bears move on from Jay Cutler.
The media is also hyping the idea that the Bears go after Jimmy Garoppolo since he's from nearby Rolling Meadows (a suburb).
The media is also very critical of GM Ryan Pace because he did not draft a QB last season.
Even though Pace had signed Brian Hoyer, Connor Shaw and Matt Barkley.
Everyone of these media types point to Dak Prescott being there in the 4th round, essentially blaming Pace for missing out on Prescott.

The Bears org isn't talking (at least not specifics).
Although they have indicated that they like Hoyer.

My gut says that if they can't "shop" Cutler, then they'll hang on to him for another season.
Because Cutler is under contract until 2021, and 2017 will be the lowest his salary will be against the cap under his current contract.
Personally, I think it would be smart to hold onto Cutler.
I'm not a big fan of Hoyer. He's just ok.
I loved what I saw from Connor Shaw in preseason. He outplayed Hoyer IMO until Shaw broke his leg.
Even Matt Barkley did well being thrown into a "no-win" situation in mid-season.
Unfortunately my opinion doesn't count.

As for WR, again, the Bears org isn't talking specifics.
The media seems to think the Bears will use the transition tag again on Alshon Jeffery.

To me the whole WR situation is more convoluted.
Jeffery is good, but seems to take games off. Or get hurt. The PED suspension was idiotic of him.
Kevin White has only played 4 games in 2 seasons. Maybe he's too fragile?
Marquess Wilson was actually ahead of Cameron Meredith on the depth chart.
But then Wilson broke his foot. That opened the door for Meredith.
Cameron Meredith made the most of his chances.
With Jeffery, White, Eddie Royal and Wilson out, that also bumped up Josh Bellamy.
But Bellamy did not play well.
That opened the door for Deonte Thompson. He's credited with starting 6 games in 2016 which I thought was rather significant.

If it were up to me, I'd franchise Jeffery, knowing that White, Meredith and Thompson can make some nice catches. But with Jeffery and White as the top 2 targets, that doesn't bode well for the fantasy value of Meredith or Thompson.
Especially if you also consider that Zach Miller who was supposed to be a featured receiver was also out.

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have never guessed that Andre Ellington would be 3rd in usage percentage on the Cardinals.
Apparently his efficiency was awful. To almost touch the ball 3 times per game on average and then average only 1 point per game is terrible.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
andre ellington is terrible, every year ppl say they are worried hes gonna eat into _____ workload in the cardinals backfield, hes not good

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently his efficiency was awful. To almost touch the ball 3 times per game on average and then average only 1 point per game is terrible.

andre ellington is terrible, every year ppl say they are worried hes gonna eat into _____ workload in the cardinals backfield, hes not good

Definitely - yet, David Johnson makes lots of guys look ordinary or bad. .... why take him off the field?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New article is up this morning, taking a look at all 32 teams.

I'm hoping if someone disagrees - and I'm hoping I've created some lopsided views - that you'll post a comment with your view on FANTASY ASSEMBLY. Thanks.

32 NFL Teams and 32 Things to Watch

Scary thing is, I didn't really disagree anywhere...

I think you nailed the Panthers....among others.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing is, I didn't really disagree anywhere...

I think you nailed the Panthers....among others.
Well crap.
Maybe Chef won't like what I said about the Vikings?
Or maybe the contingency of Detroiters on this board will think I wasn't as detailed about their Lions?
Yeldon?
Perkins?
I guess I've failed at being controversial?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well crap.
Or maybe the contingency of Detroiters on this board will think I wasn't as detailed about their Lions?
Yeldon?
Perkins?
I give to some arguments in a short bit. Over all though I really agree with your takes.:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok gave to something to chew on in my comments.:nod:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well crap.
Yeldon?
Perkins?

Naww, you hit some , and in my humble opinion have some I disagree with. I'll respond here at some time with details. Busy with honey-do's at present. ......

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Joe - here's my comments. .....
BAL - Aiken, although a good player, for some reason is just is not a favorite of the coaching staff. Perriman was a highly drafted rookie - he will get every opportunity to take and keep a starter job with Aiken as a #3.
CAR - although I agree RB is a need, it's oline that REALLY needs fixing. Regardless who is the RB - Cam will still be the guy in the red-zone.
CLE - Until they find a real QB the others will have a difficult time mattering much. There is talent (Pryor, Coleman, Johnson, Crowell) but none are going to reach their potential unless there is a real threat taking the snaps. They desperately need someone to keep the opposing defense honest - and put together some decent drives.
LAC - Seems the #2 guy this past yr got plenty of opportunities. With Allen (IMO a J. Landry clone) back, I suspect Williams will see plenty of action - more so than M. Floyd when he was #2. Yes, Gates will still see red-zone looks, but Henry showed enough to slowly move him to the sidelines on most other plays, and eventually there. Question is then, does he start to get the same looks that Gates has in the past ?
MIA - Landry is what he is and in Dolphin land he will continue to be just that. Maybe a #1 in PPR, but not in standard leagues.
SF - The only chance T. Smith has to be fantasy relevant is IF they replace that guy currently at QB with Romo or an equal.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this morning: Beauty is in the O-line of the Beholder

It's a story about various O-line stats from last year compiled into one chart.
It captures and ranks penalties, negative yards, sacks/hits and of course, offensive ranking.

:noidea: Not many comments about the older A Quick Glance at the 2017 NFL Coaching Changes
Compiled the offensive ranks of the newest head coaches and offensive coordinators and threw in some Who music.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your charts, Joe. Looking at the number of sacks the Brows gave up, it's no wonder they went thru so many QBs.