• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team finally plays well and.. BOOM!..Coaching lays an egg. WTF!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team finally plays well and.. BOOM!..Coaching lays an egg. WTF!

you have very low standards for what playing well means, the defense couldn't stop Atlanta on 3rd downs, 9 of 14 or 64.3%. 12 of Ryans 19 completions were under 10 yards. Penalties were better but STILL 9 for over 100 yards and 4 first downs because of penalties. 14 points off turnovers and a bone headed Fake FG when going into half those 3 points meant a shot at taking the lead on your opening Drive of the 2nd half because you were receiving the kickoff.

The team fought there is not doubt about it they just are not as good as many people thought. To many were saying 13-3 12-4 before the season even started on here. Made me wonder if anyone really pays attention to whats going on lol

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have very low standards for what playing well means, the defense couldn't stop Atlanta on 3rd downs, 9 of 14 or 64.3%. 12 of Ryans 19 completions were under 10 yards. Penalties were better but STILL 9 for over 100 yards and 4 first downs because of penalties. 14 points off turnovers and a bone headed Fake FG when going into half those 3 points meant a shot at taking the lead on your opening Drive of the 2nd half because you were receiving the kickoff.

The team fought there is not doubt about it they just are not as good as many people thought. To many were saying 13-3 12-4 before the season even started on here. Made me wonder if anyone really pays attention to whats going on lol

Thank you for proving my point. Out coached!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for proving my point. Out coached!

out played also, this wasn't all on one person. The defense couldn't make stops ( 34 points against ) the Coach made a boneheaded call ( Fake FG ) Russell Wilson turned it over twice ( 14 points scored off those turnovers ) Defense gave up a 5+ Minute drive when they needed a stop. Baldwin begging for a challenge when he shouldn't have ( that TO was huge ) 3rd and 14 at Atlanta's 39 and they give up 15 ( ATL kicks FG )

Yeah this is not all on the coaches. Sorry.

Atlanta made plays on the field both offense and defense to win, Seattle couldn't make plays on the defense to win.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out played also, this wasn't all on one person. The defense couldn't make stops ( 34 points against ) the Coach made a boneheaded call ( Fake FG ) Russell Wilson turned it over twice ( 14 points scored off those turnovers ) Defense gave up a 5+ Minute drive when they needed a stop. Baldwin begging for a challenge when he shouldn't have ( that TO was huge ) 3rd and 14 at Atlanta's 39 and they give up 15 ( ATL kicks FG )

Yeah this is not all on the coaches. Sorry.

Atlanta made plays on the field both offense and defense to win, Seattle couldn't make plays on the defense to win.

Again..Getting beat on 3rd and long over and over again..You do realize The DC calls the plays right?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again..Getting beat on 3rd and long over and over again..You do realize The DC calls the plays right?

and the PLAYERS have to execute those plays not the coaches. I did not say the Coaches were NOT to blame i said they were not ONLY to blame. This one is on the team.

P.S. Who here thought Walsh was going to miss the kick before the half ended? Me i thought at best it was 50/50. The Fake was a shitty call really one of only 2 shitty calls ( the other was the challenge flag ). You Giving Wilson a free pass on his 2 turn overs that added up to 14 points? Wilson doesn't commit those the Hawks win and they might have got even more points on those drives to win in a blow out. Yeah you are being real blind on this one.

this one is on the Defense for not being able to stop many of the 3rd and longs ( allowed Matt to scramble for 19 yards and a 1st down ending in a TD ) The Offense for turnovers = 14 damn points. The Special teams for allowing long returns and short fields, missing a long FG. Yeah look at the whole picture, lol and that coming from me is telling isn't it fellow LONG TIME SportsHoopla posters? LOL

I might have to abandon my war cry if Cable gets these olineman playing any better than they are right now. The improvement is VERY noticeable on the oline.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't all on the defense by any means. Wilson handed them 14 points and the coaching staff made the dumbest decision on what would have been a short make able FG that ended up being the difference.

That offense you want to give credit to was responsible for 20 points outside of the 14 Wilson gave them.

I don't know about you, but a defense that has Lane who we tried to dump just a couple of weeks ago and Maxwell that was picked up off the discard rack just this week going against a passing attack as dangerous as Atlanta has did better than I had expected. I figured they would score at least 42 on offense alone given that patchwork D. They didn't get their first sack until the absolute last chance they needed one.

This loss is 100% on the coaches. In every way possible, it's all on them. Carroll taking the lions share for sure.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't all on the defense by any means. Wilson handed them 14 points and the coaching staff made the dumbest decision on what would have been a short make able FG that ended up being the difference.

That offense you want to give credit to was responsible for 20 points outside of the 14 Wilson gave them.

I don't know about you, but a defense that has Lane who we tried to dump just a couple of weeks ago and Maxwell that was picked up off the discard rack just this week going against a passing attack as dangerous as Atlanta has did better than I had expected. I figured they would score at least 42 on offense alone given that patchwork D. They didn't get their first sack until the absolute last chance they needed one.

This loss is 100% on the coaches. In every way possible, it's all on them. Carroll taking the lions share for sure.

read my post right above yours.

They were not trying to DUMP Lane they were trying to pick up Brown and not lose more Draft picks, that didn't work out and we are very lucky honestly to have him right now. You saying they DUMPED Unger a pro-bowl Center? When players are traded it doesn't mean they are always just trying to get rid of them. They tried to Trade Sherman also....so they were trying to DUMP Sherman?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read my post right above yours.

They were not trying to DUMP Lane they were trying to pick up Brown and not lose more Draft picks, that didn't work out and we are very lucky honestly to have him right now. You saying they DUMPED Unger a pro-bowl Center? When players are traded it doesn't mean they are always just trying to get rid of them. They tried to Trade Sherman also....so they were trying to DUMP Sherman?
He failed their physical. Isn't that an obvious and distinctive difference? They were offloading an often injured player that has come up short in coverage many times. That's not the same thing as trading one stud for another.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly should have kicked that FG.

Oh, and once again god fucking awful officiating in the NFL.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He failed their physical. Isn't that an obvious and distinctive difference? They were offloading an often injured player that has come up short in coverage many times. That's not the same thing as trading one stud for another.

Because of a thigh BRUISE LMAO! The Texans were EXTREMELY smart by failing him because they forced Seattles hand in giving up more draft capital. They couldn't do anything BUT give it up after that. It's a business and that was a big time business move that netted them more draft capital.

P.S.
Did you NOT read my post above yours yet?
When someone says it's "on the team" that means everyone from the Coaches to the players not just the players.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes or No..Your OK with the decisions of Pete and the crew made today? That was my post...Out coached... Not if Wilson did this or that or FG being made or not.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes or No..Your OK with the decisions of Pete and the crew made today? That was my post...Out coached... Not if Wilson did this or that or FG being made or not.

you said and i quote "Team finally plays well and.. BOOM!..Coaching lays an egg. WTF!" and "Thank you for proving my point. Out coached!" I never said the coaches were NOT to blame i said they were not ONLY to blame. Keep fighting the good fight but not remembering what you posted 20 minutes ago doesn't help. lol

Offense played well but made COSTLY turnovers ( 14 points ) defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs and well the missed FG.

90% of you all hate Walsh on here and say he should go. Now you all believe he would make that kick before the end of the half? i got no faith in him or do you all not remember he missed one from the 1 yard line in the playoffs against US! lol.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said and i quote "Team finally plays well and.. BOOM!..Coaching lays an egg. WTF!" and "Thank you for proving my point. Out coached!" I never said the coaches were NOT to blame i said they were not ONLY to blame. Keep fighting the good fight but not remembering what you posted 20 minutes ago doesn't help. lol

Answer the question!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of a thigh BRUISE LMAO! The Texans were EXTREMELY smart by failing him because they forced Seattles hand in giving up more draft capital. They couldn't do anything BUT give it up after that. It's a business and that was a big time business move that netted them more draft capital.

P.S.
Did you NOT read my post above yours yet?
When someone says it's "on the team" that means everyone from the Coaches to the players not just the players.
I read that you were all over the place and I am not. It is clear as day where the issue with this loss was.

Penalties? Yeah, they continually have way too many. That's on coaching.
fake FG run play with no time left that had no real chance of working. Purely a coaching blunder. Not a small one at that. Utterly stupid.
Allowed the fans to basically talk them into burning a TO on what was obviously not a catch. If they don't have someone in the booth checking those and letting them know on the headset then what the fuck are they doing? Again, coaching.
And that wasn't the only TO they fucked up on.
Not screw up either of those TO's and they have more time at the end to at least get closer. It cost them the game.

Player screw up plays every week. Even when they win. Yes there were mistakes and that defense isn't going to be what it was anymore, but this game was winnable if the coaches didn't have their heads up their asses.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly should have kicked that FG.

Oh, and once again god fucking awful officiating in the NFL.

i didn't think it was to bad. Sure teams seem to be allowed to be all over our WR's yet with the same contact from our DB's the flags are thrown. That stings a little but Seattle had 9 flags and Atlanta had 7, been a little since the hawks had under 10 lol

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that you were all over the place and I am not. It is clear as day where the issue with this loss was.

fake FG run play with no time left that had no real chance of working. Purely a coaching blunder. Not a small one at that. Utterly stupid.
Allowed the fans to basically talk them into burning a TO on what was obviously not a catch. If they don't have someone in the booth checking those and letting them know on the headset then what the fuck are they doing? Again, coaching.
Not screw up either of those TO's and they have more time at the end to at least get closer. It cost them the game.

Player screw up plays every week. Even when they win. Yes there were mistakes and that defense isn't going to be what it was anymore, but this game was winnable if the coaches didn't have their heads up their asses.

It's nice to see that others give a shit and call it like it is.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't think it was to bad. Sure teams seem to be allowed to be all over our WR's yet with the same contact from our DB's the flags are thrown. That stings a little but Seattle had 9 flags and Atlanta had 7, been a little since the hawks had under 10 lol

Respect to ya Screamin12th...Guess I don't see it your way tonight.:suds:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 all over the place? no i saw Russell cost the team 14 points. Thats not good play. I saw the defense not able to get off the field on 3rd downs giving up OVER 64% conversion rate, thats not good play. I saw coaches make boneheaded calls, thats not good play.

#2 penalties are not ALWAYS on the coaching. False starts, yes. Holding by the oline, no. Illegal formation/shift yes. Pass interference No. Chop block, hell yes.

#3 The Hawks still had 1 time out when they ran the fake FG with 7 seconds left, they could easily called for that final Time out before the time expired ( unless Luke Willson fumbles ).

#4 this game was winnable if Wilson Doesn't turn over the ball for 14 points also. 31-20
this game was winnable if the defense stops Atlanta on one of their 3rd and longs that turned into 17 points
This game was winnable if they kick the FG at half and they were able to stop Atlanta in OT or score a TD in OT first.

Not just coaching here. Just the easiest way to keep the full blame off who needs to have it on them and thats THE WHOLE FUCKING TEAM lmao. Sloppy game but we did see some spark out there from the offense something we have not seen a lot of this year.