• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, though this game went about how I expected it to minus the obvious coaching blunders by Pete. Figured they'd have to score 30+ to win. They did, but that wasn't enough.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen you fucking dolt. We are not in charge here. How do you not get this? :noidea:

We are not responsible in any way for fixing anything. At least I personally have no say or influence on what happens at the VMAC and I'm going out on a limb to say you likely don't either.

So no, we as fans do not have to follow some corporate investigative criteria for post games. It's entirely ludicrous to suggest it. It's really nothing more than you trying once again to be an elitist asshole.

I'll point out again that you pointed the finger at Cable by your own words in prior games. You can't have it both ways.

I'll be waiting for your scathing rebuttal of Calkins from the times, or softy, or brock, or just about everyone else in this city so far saying the same things. Maybe you want to put in a call and suggest some corporate retraining programs for the announcers of tonight's game for their comments? Gruden was questioning the coaches quite a bit. Might need to set him straight. :L Oh, and the guys at half time as well.

There were plenty of fuck ups and the one that stands out to pretty much everyone else not trying to come off like a better than everyone asshole can see it.

LMAO again i do not get why you are so mad, all i was saying before you attacked me was this one is not only on the coaches. you got a vendetta against me or something? So mature, such intelligence. I kept saying their was enough blame on everyone but let me quote you and no i wont drop down to caveman IQ and start name calling lol.

You said " This isn't all on the defense by any means. Wilson handed them 14 points and the coaching staff made the dumbest decision on what would have been a short make able FG that ended up being the difference. " THIS was After i said " this wasn't all on one person. The defense couldn't make stops ( 34 points against ) the Coach made a boneheaded call ( Fake FG ) Russell Wilson turned it over twice ( 14 points scored off those turnovers ) Defense gave up a 5+ Minute drive when they needed a stop. Baldwin begging for a challenge when he shouldn't have ( that TO was huge ) 3rd and 14 at Atlanta's 39 and they give up 15 ( ATL kicks FG )Yeah this is not all on the coaches. Sorry." and " this one is on the Defense for not being able to stop many of the 3rd and longs ( allowed Matt to scramble for 19 yards and a 1st down ending in a TD ) The Offense for turnovers = 14 damn points. The Special teams for allowing long returns and short fields, missing a long FG.

And then you said " Penalties? Yeah, they continually have way too many. That's on coaching.
fake FG run play with no time left that had no real chance of working. Purely a coaching blunder. Not a small one at that. Utterly stupid.
Allowed the fans to basically talk them into burning a TO on what was obviously not a catch. If they don't have someone in the booth checking those and letting them know on the headset then what the fuck are they doing? Again, coaching.
And that wasn't the only TO they fucked up on.
Not screw up either of those TO's and they have more time at the end to at least get closer. It cost them the game.

Player screw up plays every week. Even when they win. Yes there were mistakes and that defense isn't going to be what it was anymore, but this game was winnable if the coaches didn't have their heads up their asses."

Now you say it was a whole team effort "like i have BEEN saying" after you said it was on the coaches. Not only that you get all bent out of shape about it and resort to name calling LMAO. The funny thing is i am falling out of my chair laughing so hard because of how much you are flip flopping and now bitching at me about how it was everyone as a whole not only the coaches which is all i was trying to say.

Please take a chill pill and next time maybe you should read what i post instead of just rage typing, you and i started out on the same foot then you flipped to "YEP it was all the coaches" to only go back to "read what i said before i said it was on everyone waaah!" lol. Chill dude all i have said and continued to say is this is on the team as a whole not ONE THING not the missed FG not the miss used TO not the turn overs cost them the game it was ALL OF THEM TOGETHER.

PS my CAPS are not yelling i use it to EMPHASIZE what i am saying.

F-ing Dolt? lmao really you resorted to name calling? doesn't personal attacks like that call for a couple day ban?

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, though this game went about how I expected it to minus the obvious coaching blunders by Pete. Figured they'd have to score 30+ to win. They did, but that wasn't enough.

Yep totally agree, i figured they needed to win the TO battle ( they didn't ) to win this game and i didn't think Wilson would gift the Falcons 14 points either.

Not one area cost them this game, if the defense stops Atlanta on just one of their scoring drives the Hawks most likely win. If the Coaches don't make boneheaded calls they most likely win and if Wilson doesn't give Atlanta 14 points then they most likely win.

Such a downer, just remove one area of mistakes and they win :( 7-3 and tied for first is so much better than 6-4 and as of right now OUT of the playoffs.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep totally agree, i figured they needed to win the TO battle ( they didn't ) to win this game and i didn't think Wilson would gift the Falcons 14 points either.

Not one area cost them this game, if the defense stops Atlanta on just one of their scoring drives the Hawks most likely win. If the Coaches don't make boneheaded calls they most likely win and if Wilson doesn't give Atlanta 14 points then they most likely win.

Such a downer, just remove one area of mistakes and they win :( 7-3 and tied for first is so much better than 6-4 and as of right now OUT of the playoffs.
But if Atlanta stops Seattle on one of their scoring drives as well doesn't Atlanta win?

Are you auditioning to replace John Madden?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Atlanta stops Seattle on one of their scoring drives as well doesn't Atlanta win?

Are you auditioning to replace John Madden?

of Course, what a stupid trollish post by you. What part of Atlanta winning makes you think we would be talking about what Atlanta could do to have won? One thing Atlanta showed is they couldn't stop the Hawks, the Hawks stop themselves. uncharacteristic turnovers by Wilson, continued penalty problems on defense giving teams free first downs ( 4 of them on 3rd downs that turned into 17 points ) and some boneheaded plays by the offense, defense, special teams and Coaching staff. Normally you see one or two from one area or another during a game but not from every facet of the game multiple times in a SINGLE game.

Now continue to troll by all means. :clap:

oops forgot my BOOOM!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of Course, what a stupid trollish post by you. What part of Atlanta winning makes you think we would be talking about what Atlanta could do to have won? One thing Atlanta showed is they couldn't stop the Hawks, the Hawks stop themselves. uncharacteristic turnovers by Wilson, continued penalty problems on defense giving teams free first downs ( 4 of them on 3rd downs that turned into 17 points ) and some boneheaded plays by the offense, defense, special teams and Coaching staff. Normally you see one or two from one area or another during a game but not from every facet of the game multiple times in a SINGLE game.

Now continue to troll by all means. :clap:
Haha that's funny. From your posts it actually makes me look like I'm a bigger Hawk supporter.

Look you've written a novel on this post. All saying the same thing thing.

The stupidest was, if your team stopped the other team from scoring they would've won.

No shit Captain obvious.

No troll needed here.

But go on keep telling us how the hypothetical team who scores more than their opponent wins:thumb:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that's funny. From your posts it actually makes me look like I'm a bigger Hawk supporter.

Look you've written a novel on this post. All saying the same thing thing.

The stupidest was, if your team stopped the other team from scoring they would've won.

No shit Captain obvious.

No troll needed here.

But go on keep telling us how the hypothetical team who scores more than their opponent wins:thumb:

Classic troll post with bait. What i have said repeatedly was this wasn't all on Pete Carroll it was on the defense the offense the special teams AND the coaches. They made uncharacteristic mistakes in every facet of the game that the Hawks don't normally make, thats what my posts were saying but great idea showing us you are just a troll. Not once did i EVER say if you score more points you win, i said if they would have removed a few of their unforce and uncharacteristic mistakes in one area or another they would have won. My posts were about how all the blame ISN'T ALL on the Head coach. The Hawks did more to lose this game than Atlanta did to win it.

Wow you are just a troll, Your Brain is as empty as Tom Brady's balls lol
You want to come over here and be stupid and start shit we have a shit talking thread please feel free to join it. Or not thats up to you.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all on Carroll, but the lion's share of it sure as hell is. And a coach should be held to a higher standard than a player, because they don't have to perform physically as well as mentally.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all on Carroll, but the lion's share of it sure as hell is. And a coach should be held to a higher standard than a player, because they don't have to perform physically as well as mentally.

I wouldn't say the lions share is on Pete. It was all the mistakes adding up into one big lose. Wilson's Mistakes, the Defenses Mistakes, Bevells mistakes, Baldwin's Mistakes ( begging for a challenge ) Pete's mistake listening to Baldwin instead of going to the guys upstairs and signing off on the fake FG.

ESPN Headline

Seahawks can't overcome brutal start, playoff chances take a hit with loss to Falcons.
"Russell Wilson was awful at the start. He was incredible after that. Ultimately, he wasn't enough.
Wilson was picked off on his second pass attempt and lost a second-quarter fumble that was returned for an Atlanta Falcons touchdown, which contributed to a brutal start for the Seattle Seahawks."

that's not on Pete Thats on our Golden boy who i still say is one of the best clutch QB's in the NFL if not THE BEST Clutch QB in the NFL!

another snip-it from ESPN
"They needed a much cleaner performance, they needed to get off the field on third down and they needed to put a whole lot more pressure on quarterback Matt Ryan than they ever got in their 34-31 loss."

Pete has to take blame and he did but us as fans we need to look at other factors also before exclaiming Pete cost us this game. Wilson caused the loss as much as Pete and The Defense who couldn't get pressure on Matty Ice all game let alone allowed a Offense that is not as good as Seattle's statistically to convert on 64% of it's third downs.

i don't like pointing fingers unless i am DAMN SURE about it ... ( Cable lol ) and one thing i am damn sure of is the Seahawks made a lot of unforced errors yesterday giving a good team more than enough chances to come in here and steal a win. Past Hawks teams could over come those errors and mistakes, this team can not but that doesn't mean next week they can't.

They are improving and anyone that watched last nights game saw the improvement on Offense defense and even the return game came to life for the first time since week 1 and how well the defense played with Sherman, Kam, Avril and Griffin out. There is a lot they can build off of from this game. They lost this one as a team. The team i saw last night gives me hope because they are moving in the right direction for the first time all season. Penalties went down after getting something like 12.7 per game the last 3 weeks the offense was steady and the banged up defense limited Matt Ryan to under 200 yards the first time in 63 games he hasn't reached 200 yards.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone saying that Wilson is at fault for the fumble doesn't understand how football is played. He got teed up by one player and drilled by the other. And it wasn't like he was holding onto to the ball. That fumble was completely on the OL failing to do their job.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights errors are easily fixed, the crap we saw on the field for the first half of the season wasn't something that could easily be fixed but they seemed to have all their ducks in a row now they just need to get them all moving in the same direction.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights errors are easily fixed, the crap we saw on the field for the first half of the season wasn't something that could easily be fixed but they seemed to have all their ducks in a row now they just need to get them all moving in the same direction.

Not going to happen this year. Too many injuries and too big a hill to climb now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone saying that Wilson is at fault for the fumble doesn't understand how football is played. He got teed up by one player and drilled by the other. And it wasn't like he was holding onto to the ball. That fumble was completely on the OL failing to do their job.

watch the play again he could have thrown it away. right? What about the massive high throw to Lockett? was that not Wilson's fault because Lockett is just to short? Wilson scrambled out of the pocket and his scrambles tend to turn out for the better more often than not but some times he just has to learn when to throw it away. This is nothing new many of you have said it a million times on here.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen this year. Too many injuries and too big a hill to climb now.

1 game back with 1 to go against the division leader is to big a hill? Sure we get to face the Eagles and that looks like it could easily be a loss but it is in Clink and the Rams have to play them also and they face a red hot Saints team next week where as Seattle gets the 49ers.

I don't think this team can win the Superbowl but all you have to do is get in and get hot ( 9-7 Giant's knocking off the over rated 16-0 Patriots ) . Week 10 ladies and gentleman, does that not give you some flashbacks? The Hawks should catch fire right about now. One can hope and i will always have hope.

One thing does bother me though, all the lost draft stock. Seattle will need to start stock piling up picks. They will need to pull off some trades this coming offseason to move some picks back into the stable.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was pretty good last night, all things considered. Atlanta only had one TD on a drive longer than 40 yards. Ryan only had 195 yards passing. That's pretty good containment. And they only gave up 89 yards rushing. If they do that well against Philly, we might actually beat Carson Wentz, which is something I wouldn't have even considered two days ago.

But Pete Carroll...OMG, the koolaid drinkers are gonna hate me, but, I just can't stand this fool. He is less than a league-average head coach. In Boston, they win because of Bill Belichick. In Seattle, we win in spite of Pete Carroll.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch the play again he could have thrown it away. right? What about the massive high throw to Lockett? was that not Wilson's fault because Lockett is just to short? Wilson scrambled out of the pocket and his scrambles tend to turn out for the better more often than not but some times he just has to learn when to throw it away. This is nothing new many of you have said it a million times on here.

The pick was probably Wilson's fault. It could have been Lockett's fault. The ball wasn't thrown high. It was thrown behind him.

I watch the fumble several times. He had almost no time in the pocket, the LDE was barely slowed by Ifedi.

There is maybe a half second in which Wilson could have made the decision to throw the ball away if he knew the back side pressure was right on him. That isn't reasonable.

That fumble is 100% on Ifedi.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing loss for sure. The D was pretty bad on 3rd down -- not anywhere close to enough pressure on the QB. The PI that set up Atlanta's 1st TD was maddening, but that has come to be the norm and should be expected to happen at least 1 time per game (or more) against us.

I'm sure there's all sorts of grousing about the fake FG at the end of the half and then the challenge on Baldwin's 3rd down play. In a game where you lose by a missed last second FG, you can point to anything you want and claim that to be the reason for the loss. The fake FG? It's not what I would have done, but the same fans I heard bitching about it at the game would have been going wild and high fiving their hands to numbness if it's successful. Luke W gets by that 1 guy and it's an easy TD. I never saw a good enough replay at the game on Baldwin to know if that was a bad challenge, but of course not getting it is going to mean it was "bad" in most minds. It would have been nice to have that TO on the last drive. It also would have been nice to hit the 52 yard kick (short????????) or not commit the stupid penalty on the punt that made us start the drive at the 25 instead of the 35.

My biggest takeaway from this game is that the sad reality right now is RW pretty much has to play a 100% perfect game throughout or it's going to be a challenge to win. The good news is we are no worse off in the division standings now than we were before this weekend's games. The bad news is the injuries continue to pile up, and schedule gets tougher in Dec.

I'll stick it out with the team to the bitter end. Still lots of good players here, great QB. They can get hot, and things in the NFL can change direction on a dime.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Pete Carroll...OMG, the koolaid drinkers are gonna hate me, but, I just can't stand this fool. He is less than a league-average head coach. In Boston, they win because of Bill Belichick. In Seattle, we win in spite of Pete Carroll.

We winning spite of Beval and Cable too? So coaches aren't responsible for coaching up 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounder's, UFA's who turn out to play great in a system that Pete Carroll has orchestrated? Yet, DB's leave for other teams and don't even come close to seeing the same amount of success they had under this coaching staff... Bruce Irvin, Malcom Smith, Red Bryant? How are they doing... Pete is a great coach and has a great eye for bringing talent in that fits his system... This is the reason why this team has been successful... It's not because we have 1st and 2nd round talent across the board covering Pete's inefficiency's as a HC...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick was probably Wilson's fault. It could have been Lockett's fault. The ball wasn't thrown high. It was thrown behind him.

I watch the fumble several times. He had almost no time in the pocket, the LDE was barely slowed by Ifedi.

There is maybe a half second in which Wilson could have made the decision to throw the ball away if he knew the back side pressure was right on him. That isn't reasonable.

I think it was RW's... I think RW and Lockett height impacted that play... RW couldn't see Lockett imo and just guessed at where he thought Lockett would be...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as soon as he thought about doing his spin move back the other way he should have just thrown it away. Some times like i said he just holds onto the ball way to long and trys to get all nifty when that first throw wasn't there he should have fired it out of bounds because that play was blown up. As far as Ifedi goes i have been lobbying for him to be replaced since what week 3? week 4? When Joeckel comes back they need to put Pocic in at RT move Ifedi to RG.