• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As good as Alabama is they have a recent history of choking

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bama will wind up as Number 3 at the end of the season.

Huzzah. That and fifty cents will get a cup of coffee.

Guess we'll have to see who they face in an also-ran bowl.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole overrated thing is the buzzword of the day it seems. Ironic that a Trojan fan would bring this up when they are known for losing late season games they shouldn't lose.

Actually, USC was known for losing a game or 2 early in the season (Sept. or Oct.). In the entire Pete Carroll era, USC only lost in November, one time. That was to Stanford in 2009.

USC also lost 1 time in December in the PC era.

USC lost 13 times in September or October and 5 of those were in his first season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professional golf. You do realize I'm opening myself up for jokes, ha ha, and all that? However, I promise you it is the easiest of all sports (yes, I know, it's not a sport), to get very tight and have to control your nerves.

You won't me see make jokes. I tried golfing a couple of times and it was the most frustrating sports experience that I've had. I developed a lot of respect for golfers those days. When it comes to sports, I usually pick things up fairly quickly, not with golf.

Very easy to see why guys break golf clubs, throw them in to ponds, etc.:lol:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read the first page. everyone calling the post a troll post...

how so?

he made some good points. i don't think of alabama has being a choke program... but they have lost a couple games due to awful special teams play in the last few years, they got embarrassed by utah in the sugar bowl,

they've made good in some national title games, but they have also choked away some big games.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read the first page. everyone calling the post a troll post...

how so?

he made some good points. i don't think of alabama has being a choke program... but they have lost a couple games due to awful special teams play in the last few years, they got embarrassed by utah in the sugar bowl,

they've made good in some national title games, but they have also choked away some big games.

IKR?

Funny...you need to be a favorite to be considered to have choked.

Auburn hasn't choked much over the years.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKR?

Funny...you need to be a favorite to be considered to have choked.

Auburn hasn't choked much over the years.

auburn nearly choked against georgia this year.

you don't have to be a favorite to choke. if michigan state had blown a 10 point lead last night in the final 2 minutes, that would have been a choke job.

it has to do more with how you lose than who you lose to.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auburn nearly choked against georgia this year.

you don't have to be a favorite to choke. if michigan state had blown a 10 point lead last night in the final 2 minutes, that would have been a choke job.

it has to do more with how you lose than who you lose to.

Classic definition would be a favorite who fails to win.

Auburn hasn't choked much in their history...have they?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic definition would be a favorite who fails to win.

Auburn hasn't choked much in their history...have they?

Not much in recent history for sure. We laid a goose egg to start the 2003 season against USC, and also got embarrassed as the #2 team in the country back in 2006 I believe when we played Arkansas. No team is immune from it of course... but Auburn probably has choked less often than most in recent memory.

Then again, Auburn is also undefeated in BCS bowl games and SEC title games... so they've shown up in big games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much in recent history for sure. We laid a goose egg to start the 2003 season against USC, and also got embarrassed as the #2 team in the country back in 2006 I believe when we played Arkansas. No team is immune from it of course... but Auburn probably has choked less often than most in recent memory.

Then again, Auburn is also undefeated in BCS bowl games and SEC title games... so they've shown up in big games.

post-26678-he-doesnt-get-it-gif-ATT-comme-LsAo.gif

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get exactly what he is trying to say.

But really no matter how you slice it, Auburn has been one of the best teams in the BCS era.

They've won more SEC titles than anyone over the last decade.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get exactly what he is trying to say.

But really no matter how you slice it, Auburn has been one of the best teams in the BCS era.

They've won more SEC titles than anyone over the last decade.

Well "recent" kind of leaves it wide open...open to interpretation. This will be Auburn's THIRD BCS game.

It's almost like choosing a favorable slice of history and disregarding the rest.

How much history should we take into account in any argument? The last game? Season? Decade?

I would slice it like 'Bama has succeeded more than they have "choked", and have had numerous opportunities to "choke". Auburn on the other hand hasn't had many opportunities to "choke".

It's almost like you are taking your teams newfound success and wearing it like a badge of honor, all too ready to show off to anyone that will pay you mind how shiny it is. It's a really small badge in comparison to 'Bama's, wouldn't you agree? Small to any other "elite" program as well when you get right down to it.

You really come off like the typical "MY team is" johnny-come-lately bandwagoner whose only modus operandi is to parrot nothing that is:
observationally intriguing
objective
thought provoking
entertaining

Don't take it the wrong way. It's just that I don't like you. Welcome to the PLONKerdome.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well "recent" kind of leaves it wide open...open to interpretation. This will be Auburn's THIRD BCS game.

It's almost like choosing a favorable slice of history and disregarding the rest.

How much history should we take into account in any argument? The last game? Season? Decade?

I would slice it like 'Bama has succeeded more than they have "choked", and have had numerous opportunities to "choke". Auburn on the other hand hasn't had many opportunities to "choke".

It's almost like you are taking your teams newfound success and wearing it like a badge of honor, all too ready to show off to anyone that will pay you mind how shiny it is. It's a really small badge in comparison to 'Bama's, wouldn't you agree? Small to any other "elite" program as well when you get right down to it.

You really come off like the typical "MY team is" johnny-come-lately bandwagoner whose only modus operandi is to parrot nothing that is:
observationally intriguing
objective
thought provoking
entertaining

Don't take it the wrong way. It's just that I don't like you. Welcome to the PLONKerdome.

you may think i'm a johnny come lately bandwagoner, but my mother graduated from Auburn in 1967, and I've been a fan of Auburn (though secondary to Georgia Tech) since I was old enough to watch TV and attend the games. I've been a die-hard fan of Auburn for more than a decade when I elected to attend school there. In that 11 years, I've seen 2 perfect seasons, 3 SEC titles (no SEC program has more in that span), and now get to see Auburn go for a 2nd BCS title. Oh, and we are 7-4 against our archrival. Not a bad record if you ask me.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may think i'm a johnny come lately bandwagoner, but my mother graduated from Auburn in 1967, and I've been a fan of Auburn (though secondary to Georgia Tech) since I was old enough to watch TV and attend the games. I've been a die-hard fan of Auburn for more than a decade when I elected to attend school there. In that 11 years, I've seen 2 perfect seasons, 3 SEC titles (no SEC program has more in that span), and now get to see Auburn go for a 2nd BCS title. Oh, and we are 7-4 against our archrival. Not a bad record if you ask me.

11 years? Really? I have shoes older than your love for Auburn. I have memorabilia for titles won that is older than your love for Auburn. I have signatures on footballs that are probably older than you and i had them signed. Your recent history lesson doesnt hold water in any frame of reference. History is history and in the SEC, Bama holds most of the cards. Sorry, but the term you used "Johnny come lately" is exactly what you are.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THIS bowl game makes NO SENSE so I'm goin wif da Sooners and "BIG GAME BOB"!...:suds:

Bob did show us some of that coaching he was known for in the OSU game, I didn't think OU could beat OSU, I hope he has a good game plan and lets it all hang out against Bama, nothing to lose.

I actually like our chances in the Sugar bowl, who knows, hell nobody thought Utah had a chance either a few years ago.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob did show us some of that coaching he was known for in the OSU game, I didn't think OU could beat OSU, I hope he has a good game plan and lets it all hang out against Bama, nothing to lose.

I actually like our chances in the Sugar bowl, who knows, hell nobody thought Utah had a chance either a few years ago.

Alabama has been extremely inconsistent and undisciplined this year. Oklahoma has a good chance.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 years? Really? I have shoes older than your love for Auburn. I have memorabilia for titles won that is older than your love for Auburn. I have signatures on footballs that are probably older than you and i had them signed. Your recent history lesson doesnt hold water in any frame of reference. History is history and in the SEC, Bama holds most of the cards. Sorry, but the term you used "Johnny come lately" is exactly what you are.

11 years ago is when I decided to attend Auburn. For the 10-12 or so years prior to that, I was merely a fan.

History is history blah blah blah.

How's it feel to look up and see Auburn in the title game? LOL

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 years ago is when I decided to attend Auburn. For the 10-12 or so years prior to that, I was merely a fan.

History is history blah blah blah.

How's it feel to look up and see Auburn in the title game? LOL

Just goes to show ya even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Makes it better knowing they're probably gonna be the ones to end the SECs streak too. So we got that going for us.