• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As good as Alabama is they have a recent history of choking

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some merit to the original thought....

I don't think he was bashing ALABAMA. He was pointing out their recent inability to win the close November games.

Luckily for the Tide, they are so insanely dominant in SEP/OCT games that they have been blessed with being the first choice when other teams fall apart.

But they do have a really bad habit of gagging some of these important November games lately.

It finally came back to bite them in the ass this year. They did not get bailed out by other teams collapsing the following week.

They are the best team of this era. They are a dominant force.

it doesn't mean they didn't choke some of these November close losses.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't get bailed out yet. if FSU and OSU lose Bama may fall ass backwards into another title game.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all leave my sweet sugar britches alone. He didn't mean nuffin.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an interesting stat RE: Bama.

They are 7-5 in November since 09

Oh well, they are still the premier program.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an interesting stat RE: Bama.

They are 7-5 in November since 09

Oh well, they are still the premier program.

Because despite people who cry about our late FCS game in November, we actually play one of the toughest November schedules in college football, which is what I've tried to point out to all the people crying about it.

That is: LSU and Auburn normally, and 1 more in Texas A&M last year.

Those aren't teams you play and choke against. Choking would be if we lost to Miss St.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final AP ranks of teams that Alabama has those November losses too:

2010:
#8 LSU
#1 Auburn

Alabama was #10 that year.

2011:
#2 LSU

2012:
#5 Texas A&M

2013:
#3 Auburn

Losing to those teams = choking?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize how dumb this thread is? They won 3 of the last 4 NCs. I am sure they are worried that you think they are chokers. :gaah:

There is nothing dumb about it. Its just ironic thats all.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final AP ranks of teams that Alabama has those November losses too:

2010:
#8 LSU
#1 Auburn

Alabama was #10 that year.

2011:
#2 LSU

2012:
#5 Texas A&M

2013:
#3 Auburn

Losing to those teams = choking?

The choking part isn't referring to the teams themselves. Its the way they are lost. They have been lost in a fashion that could be considered choking.

And losing in a choking fashion isn't necessarily a bad thing. It certainly beats getting blown out.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some merit to the original thought....

I don't think he was bashing ALABAMA. He was pointing out their recent inability to win the close November games.

Luckily for the Tide, they are so insanely dominant in SEP/OCT games that they have been blessed with being the first choice when other teams fall apart.

But they do have a really bad habit of gagging some of these important November games lately.

It finally came back to bite them in the ass this year. They did not get bailed out by other teams collapsing the following week.

They are the best team of this era. They are a dominant force.

it doesn't mean they didn't choke some of these November close losses.

This^^

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this a form of flattery. Alabama is living rent free in his mind and others like him, what a great tribute.

Choking is when you lose to a team that you should beat...like Iowa State.

Losing is when you play a team that is on equal footing, such as the ones we have lost to in the Month of November.

I do find it ironic that the OP chose the word "choke" to use. I hope he wont mind when that word is used today after the B1G CG if his team loses. I am sure that will be one of the words used(among others) if his team loses to the only top team its played in its two year run. Only time will tell

Thanks for the free rental space at any rate.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Authority, the JINX is in now...MSU 17 tOSU 13.

Now if we could just get somebody to put the e-coli in the FSU orange juice this morning, lol.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Authority, the JINX is in now...MSU 17 tOSU 13.

Now if we could just get somebody to put the e-coli in the FSU orange juice this morning, lol.

I did us one better, had a source close to the university spike the juice with super turbolax. That should keep them occupied for a few hours and make them fearful of extreme strain for about 24 hours.:lol:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Bama's special brand of choke any day. They choked their way to 3 of 4 national titles and are not completely out this year. Things would have to go real screwy today but they aren't out. It didn't matter anyway, FSU will not lose to anyone this year. They've been the best team in the country all season.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this a form of flattery. Alabama is living rent free in his mind and others like him, what a great tribute.

Choking is when you lose to a team that you should beat...like Iowa State.

Losing is when you play a team that is on equal footing, such as the ones we have lost to in the Month of November.

I do find it ironic that the OP chose the word "choke" to use. I hope he wont mind when that word is used today after the B1G CG if his team loses. I am sure that will be one of the words used(among others) if his team loses to the only top team its played in its two year run. Only time will tell

Thanks for the free rental space at any rate.

So by your logic everytime you have posted about Ohio state, Ohio State is living rent free in your head.

Brilliant assumption. :clap:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Bama's special brand of choke any day. They choked their way to 3 of 4 national titles and are not completely out this year. Things would have to go real screwy today but they aren't out. It didn't matter anyway, FSU will not lose to anyone this year. They've been the best team in the country all season.

I'd take their brand of choke as well.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the OP or thread is troll like. I think it's a legitimate question. I have two points.

One, I have played at a high level in a sport that choking can grab you at any moment and I have always said that ONLY the person (or team) can tell you if they choked (played tight,not to lose,mind racing which leads to that failure) is the person or team. Teams lose all the time. Teams don't score from inside the 10 a lot. Only the team knows if it was a choke job!

With that said, I do think Alabama has shown to play very tight in some big moments('11 LSU and '13 Auburn). I don't think the '12 A&M game had anything to do with choking. I just think you had one team(Bama) coming off a big comeback win(LSU) and playing a damn good dangerous team they weren't ready for. Alabama's talent almost single handedly brought them back.

Summary: Not sure choke is the right word but there is no doubt in my mind that in those two games Alabama's play calling was bad, decisions were bad, team looked tight, play calling looked tight and they looked like they were trying not to lose instead of win. Still don't know why we didn't throw more against Auburn? What happened to Drake in the second half?(no one played but Yeldon). We have not done that ALL year! Our receivers dropped balls after McCarron finally started throwing it on target. They were wide open early and he couldn't get it to them. I would say played tight in a couple games, not choked but you'll have to ask them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the OP or thread is troll like. I think it's a legitimate question. I have two points.

One, I have played at a high level in a sport that choking can grab you at any moment and I have always said that ONLY the person (or team) can tell you if they choked (played tight,not to lose,mind racing which leads to that failure) is the person or team. Teams lose all the time. Teams don't score from inside the 10 a lot. Only the team knows if it was a choke job!

With that said, I do think Alabama has shown to play very tight in some big moments('11 LSU and '13 Auburn). I don't think the '12 A&M game had anything to do with choking. I just think you had one team(Bama) coming off a big comeback win(LSU) and playing a damn good dangerous team they weren't ready for. Alabama's talent almost single handedly brought them back.

Summary: Not sure choke is the right word but there is no doubt in my mind that in those two games Alabama's play calling was bad, decisions were bad, team looked tight, play calling looked tight and they looked like they were trying not to lose instead of win. Still don't know why we didn't throw more against Auburn? What happened to Drake in the second half?(no one played but Yeldon). We have not done that ALL year! Our receivers dropped balls after McCarron finally started throwing it on target. They were wide open early and he couldn't get it to them. I would say played tight in a couple games, not choked but you'll have to ask them.

Just curious, what did you play?