• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Miss Terry (Saban) and them not leaving

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the emotions still running high from yesterday's game. But for some reason, my gut is now telling me Saban is gone after the bowl game. I haven't watched highlights or interviews or anything, but I can't shake this feeling that what has transpired over the last 24 hours will seal the deal for Saban to Texas.

Moron Bama fans threatening the kicker, Bama fans calling Saban out saying he didn't prepare and all this nonsense. We can't win every game and I said I would keep my opinions about the game to myself (although I did slip up on the team board and give my opinion on one thing :tape:) but it is ridiculous to expect to win every game. And the Sabans are right, some of our fans have taken these last 7 years for granted. I guess we'll see when the season is over, but for now my gut is telling me he is gone.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the emotions still running high from yesterday's game. But for some reason, my gut is now telling me Saban is gone after the bowl game. I haven't watched highlights or interviews or anything, but I can't shake this feeling that what has transpired over the last 24 hours will seal the deal for Saban to Texas.

Moron Bama fans threatening the kicker, Bama fans calling Saban out saying he didn't prepare and all this nonsense. We can't win every game and I said I would keep my opinions about the game to myself (although I did slip up on the team board and give my opinion on one thing :tape:) but it is ridiculous to expect to win every game. And the Sabans are right, some of our fans have taken these last 7 years for granted. I guess we'll see when the season is over, but for now my gut is telling me he is gone.

One thing i do know is the Sabans wanted to win that game as much as the fans and team did and they are very smart people who knew the fans would be upset if the game was lost. If they bolt for Texas, they should really get thick skin because those fans are even more spoiled than Alabama fans are and will stab you in the back in a heartbeat.

I dont see last night being the reason he leaves, too smart to let the upset fans get under his skin.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing i do know is the Sabans wanted to win that game as much as the fans and team did and they are very smart people who knew the fans would be upset if the game was lost. If they bolt for Texas, they should really get thick skin because those fans are even more spoiled than Alabama fans are and will stab you in the back in a heartbeat.

I dont see last night being the reason he leaves, too smart to let the upset fans get under his skin.

Oh I agree that he is very smart and that last night would not be the ONLY reason he would leave. I can't shake that feeling, I'm not sure why. I have no insight or reason to believe it other than my gut is telling me so. Maybe after a few days that feeling will go away, but who knows

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw a sign in auburn game that said nobody though he was leaving LSU or Miami either. its probably texas or bust tho

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the emotions still running high from yesterday's game. But for some reason, my gut is now telling me Saban is gone after the bowl game.
Have the same feeling.

Think Smart would be offered the head-shed job, or would he be an interim until somebody else could be found? I'm sure Bama has been building a list just in case.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans should just give Saban a second to think. I'm sure he will make the right decision.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't this be the highest chance of leaving? have to figure yes rode McCarron to a few championships....possibly a 3 peat should voters find a way to get bama in the big game...has to figure a championship run next season drops without McCarron. yeah im sure theres a capable backup etc..not even sure where he ranks as far as salaries or whatever maybe Alabama makes him highest paid or something. even still if he leaves I say time is now

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even worry about it? If he goes, then he goes.

That said, I have a hard time believing he gives too much of a crap about a few stupid fans.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even worry about it? If he goes, then he goes.

That said, I have a hard time believing he gives too much of a crap about a few stupid fans.

Think its well beyond a few stupid fans: My own feeling is that he's been meaning to move for quite a while now and just wanted to close out at Bama with another crystal football, though he'll now have to settle for an also-ran bowl trophy.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO

He is not going anywhere this year.

He is coming home after next season, after we fire Holgorsen. :nod:

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, Mrs. Saban comments mean absolutely nothing. You nailed it, emotions are running high. It's natural. The problem with dominating is that you only have one way to go and that's down. Alabama has had one the most impressive runs in college football in a long time, but nothing lasts for ever. It probably wouldn't be any different if the same run happened anywhere else. Saban knows that. Expectation were high, and it is disappointing, but after people calm down it will be fine.

Saban will leave for Texas ONLY if he wants the challenge of bringing a program from being average at best to number one. Texas having all the resources in the world is nice, but the challenge is the only thing. The possibility of 12 million is also nice, but he doesn't need the money and Alabama would probably come pretty close to that if they wanted to.