• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Miss Terry (Saban) and them not leaving

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the spoiled fan situation.

Same thing has happened at LSU. Tiger Stadium is rarely as rocking as it used to be. Ticket prices have gone up so there is more of the "seen and be seen" yuppie fans in place of the blue collar, "drink a 5th of bourbon before the game and yell your ass off all game" fans.

The stadium was only 75% last weekend for the aTm game because of the "bad weather". But from what I hear, it was still rocking because only the true fans showed up....

hell, even Tech fans got like that

people would show up to the game talking about leaving at halftime to go to the bar or tailgate... the first two years I was there, people were tearing up bleachers and throwing them on the field... now they're just bunch of preppy frat boys who show up 30 minutes late because their pledge bitch got there early to save them a seat

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas called asking about him in January. An offer doesn't have to be made for people to assume he's going to leave

No, TEXAS did not. One BMD did. The AD has never talked to Saban on or off the record.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they are going to take tickets away from the Greeks you are out of your mind and do not know how the UofA student government is run. Too much power with the "machine" and too many power brokers as grads of it so those seats are untouchable.

Cracks me up how little fans that never attended UofA understand the politics. Too many of you think it's just a football team to root for.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they are going to take tickets away from the Greeks you are out of your mind and do not know how the UofA student government is run. Too much power with the "machine" and too many power brokers as grads of it so those seats are untouchable.

Cracks me up how little fans that never attended UofA understand the politics. Too many of you think it's just a football team to root for.

:L I never said I thought they were going to do it. I said they SHOULD. But its forgivable b/c you're a barner. It's sad how reading comprehension has fallen short on you.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know! I haven't been in 2 years because of school! I'll be done in May and you better believe whatever games I go to next year I ain't leaving even if we get blown out! They need to keep the student section to the lower bowl and reduce it by a couple sections and stop reserving seats for the frat houses.
Get butthurt all you want the above is a very naive bordering on stupid comment.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can it really? I don't go to school there and its been decades since my dad went there.
No it can't the political mess would be horrendous for the president and the BOT are all machine and Greek alums.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be done and I went there!

Never had that problem at UNA, but then our home attendance crowds generally maxed out at around 13,000, though these days we draw crowds up up to 15K (not bad for a university with an enrollment of just 7,000).

Greek power was (and I believe still is) very limited in Florence.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by bamafan4evr12 View Post
I know! I haven't been in 2 years because of school! I'll be done in May and you better believe whatever games I go to next year I ain't leaving even if we get blown out! They need to keep the student section to the lower bowl and reduce it by a couple sections and stop reserving seats for the frat houses.
QUOTE=Wild Turkey;4060627]Get butthurt all you want the above is a very naive bordering on stupid comment.[/QUOTE]

Please point out in that comment where I said they are going to stop reserving seats for the frat houses? I said they need to. I never said they are going to and I never said I think it is going to happen. Damn you are a moron.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by bamafan4evr12 View Post
QUOTE=Wild Turkey;4060627]Get butthurt all you want the above is a very naive bordering on stupid comment.

Please point out in that comment where I said they are going to stop reserving seats for the frat houses? I said they need to. I never said they are going to and I never said I think it is going to happen. Damn you are a moron.[/QUOTE]
Actually you're the moron for asking if it was possible and for even commenting on crap you have zero understanding about. Welcome to the 85%.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please point out in that comment where I said they are going to stop reserving seats for the frat houses? I said they need to. I never said they are going to and I never said I think it is going to happen. Damn you are a moron.
Actually you're the moron for asking if it was possible and for even commenting on crap you have zero understanding about. Welcome to the 85%.[/QUOTE]

:clap: Good deflect from my question! I don't know if it's possible, I admit it. I said so as much when I asked if they could do it. But I never said they are going to and I never said I think they are going to. And you still haven't found where I said they are going to (like you claimed I did).Someone said it could be done, so I asked for confirmation. Clearly you have such a strong understanding of the inner workings of UA. But please deflect again. :clap: I'm enjoying it :suds:

Oh and how is stupid to ask a question on something somebody said?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you are enjoying it in fact I imagine you are embarrassed by your ignorance and have created a circular argument to compensate. Regardless do yourself a favor and google "Theta Nu University of Alabama" and it will at least educate you so that you can post intelligently.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild Turkey makes Wild Turkey into a :squeeze:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frats:lame:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or as I call them, rent a friend programs

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if "miss terry" is such a big factor...maybe it was her idea for nick to proclaim "I will not be the Alabama head coach" or whatever he said...and maybe her stating ""We're staying, We're not going anywhere." means absolute shit... :noidea:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn it all. noobs need to learn how to properly use the quote function