• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Miss Terry (Saban) and them not leaving

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm standing by my "Terry Saban next Texas HC" prediction.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh I don't blame bama fans for leaving at the end of blowouts... there are only so many run the ball over and over with the third string snaps you can take before it gets boring...

My buddy had the same problem when he went to watch FSU play NCSU... the game was over at halftime and the entire second half was just FSU running the ball with third stringers...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess that means that they are leaving.

"I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" -Nick Saban

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh I don't blame bama fans for leaving at the end of blowouts... there are only so many run the ball over and over with the third string snaps you can take before it gets boring...

My buddy had the same problem when he went to watch FSU play NCSU... the game was over at halftime and the entire second half was just FSU running the ball with third stringers...

Yeah I can understand it as well, especially for those who go to every game, I just don't like it. Me personally, I haven't been able to attend a game for 2 years because I'm too busy with school but we have never left a game early. And I've seen some blowouts of good opponents (Florida) and not so good opponents.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
133329.gif

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Saban Says Crimson Tide Fans Aren't So Appreciative, but Nick Isn't Leaving Alabama - WSJ.com

Good read. I agree with her sentiments about the stadium being empty and how we've been "spoiled" but I for one am not taking this for granted. I grew up with the dark days of Bama football. But I've said it since the expansion opened 3 years ago they need to reduce the number of student tickets. The fans aren't going to leave when they've paid good money for tickets (in most cases).

You aint kidding. I want those tickets! - I'd bet LSU students never walked out of a blowout, but only because they were too drunk to get up.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess that means that they are leaving.

"I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" -Nick Saban

Maybe. Maybe not. For Miss Terry to come out and say we the fans are spoiled lol but that they still aren't leaving tells me they probably won't. That would be a serious hit to their reputation and Miss Terry is a saint so I doubt it. But who knows. Sounds like if MSU would have coughed up a little extra doe he never would have left

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Saban Says Crimson Tide Fans Aren't So Appreciative, but Nick Isn't Leaving Alabama - WSJ.com

Good read. I agree with her sentiments about the stadium being empty and how we've been "spoiled" but I for one am not taking this for granted. I grew up with the dark days of Bama football. But I've said it since the expansion opened 3 years ago they need to reduce the number of student tickets. The fans aren't going to leave when they've paid good money for tickets (in most cases).

Does anybody really need to stay for the end of games against FCS teams?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the spoiled fan situation.

Same thing has happened at LSU. Tiger Stadium is rarely as rocking as it used to be. Ticket prices have gone up so there is more of the "seen and be seen" yuppie fans in place of the blue collar, "drink a 5th of bourbon before the game and yell your ass off all game" fans.

The stadium was only 75% last weekend for the aTm game because of the "bad weather". But from what I hear, it was still rocking because only the true fans showed up....

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aint kidding. I want those tickets! - I'd bet LSU students never walked out of a blowout, but only because they were too drunk to get up.

I know! I haven't been in 2 years because of school! I'll be done in May and you better believe whatever games I go to next year I ain't leaving even if we get blown out! They need to keep the student section to the lower bowl and reduce it by a couple sections and stop reserving seats for the frat houses.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same thing has happened at LSU. Tiger Stadium is rarely as rocking as it used to be. Ticket prices have gone up so there is more of the "seen and be seen" yuppie fans in place of the blue collar, "drink a 5th of bourbon before the game and yell your ass off all game" fans.

The stadium was only 75% last weekend for the aTm game because of the "bad weather". But from what I hear, it was still rocking because only the true fans showed up....

This.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody really need to stay for the end of games against FCS teams?

Not that they need to. But I know there are people out there who probably never get to go to games and would die just to see a game live even if its UTC. And then there are some who go to every game and leave early. I've seen it in Knoxville for a long time now. Last time I was up there for a Bama-Tenn game the fans next to us showed up half-way through the 1st quarter and left at halftime :L I don't want Bama to have that reputation. Especially us true fans

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post!

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bama fan, if Saban left tomorrow Id just have to say thanks, good luck and you were one hell of a good investment. Then Id get up the next day, put on my Crimson and yell Roll Tide! at everyone I saw wearing college gear. Cant bitch after this kind of ride.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not. For Miss Terry to come out and say we the fans are spoiled lol but that they still aren't leaving tells me they probably won't. That would be a serious hit to their reputation and Miss Terry is a saint so I doubt it. But who knows. Sounds like if MSU would have coughed up a little extra doe he never would have left

Why throw a little extra dough for a guy who had one season with more than 7 wins (his last season) and couldn't compete with Michigan? He was 25-22-1 before his last season. That definitely deserves a raise.:lame:

We were a stair step program and honestly, Saban has shown no loyalty and would have skipped town the second someone would have offered more.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why throw a little extra dough for a guy who had one season with more than 7 wins (his last season) and couldn't compete with Michigan? He was 25-22-1 before his last season. That definitely deserves a raise.:lame:

We were a stair step program and honestly, Saban has shown no loyalty and would have skipped town the second someone would have offered more.

kenny-powers-dollar-bills.gif

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, man. I know we are doing this with the benefit of hindsight, but arguing he wasn't worth it is :bullshit: