• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you can go back home...no idea what the big fella has left, but at least the Bengals realized the youngsters were not ready. I thought Ogletree was better, but I always liked Minter coming out of LSU...nice pick up.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can go back him...no idea what the big fella has left, but at least the Bengals realized the youngsters were not ready. I thought Ogletree was better, but I always liked Minter coming out of LSU...nice pick up.
Yep, seems like they are at least giving themselves some decent competition along the O-line. Still shaky at best at the moment.

Minter... Had read some articles hoping the Steelers would take a look since they seemed so interested in Hightower. Now that both are gone I would have hoped they would take a look at bringing Spence back, but just read that he signed with the Colts. Looks more like its going to be a draft prospect they bring in.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, seems like they are at least giving themselves some decent competition along the O-line. Still shaky at best at the moment.

Minter... Had read some articles hoping the Steelers would take a look since they seemed so interested in Hightower. Now that both are gone I would have hoped they would take a look at bringing Spence back, but just read that he signed with the Colts. Looks more like its going to be a draft prospect they bring in.

We're getting into bargain basement territory now. Maybe the Steelers will do something...lol

Spence, yeah. I'm happy for him. Nice pay day...might just get a shot to start in IND.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting into bargain basement territory now. Maybe the Steelers will do something...lol

Spence, yeah. I'm happy for him. Nice pay day...might just get a shot to start in IND.
I'm just not sure that anything else out there is an upgrade over any of V-Will, Steve Johnson or Tyler Matakevich.

Spence... Thought he would stick around under Lebeau. Curious as to why he only played half the defensive snaps last season for the Titans. He had 50+ tackles & 3 sacks in limited usage. Seems like the type of player they would want to keep around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure that anything else out there is an upgrade over any of V-Will, Steve Johnson or Tyler Matakevich.

Spence... Thought he would stick around under Lebeau. Curious as to why he only played half the defensive snaps last season for the Titans. He had 50+ tackles & 3 sacks in limited usage. Seems like the type of player they would want to keep around.

Apparently he was always planned as a platoon player in TN...started 6 games, but had snaps in just about every game.

FA...yeah I wouldn't expect a ILB at this point. I'm still thinking about a vet CB....supposedly they still may have some interest in Gilbert...a little surprised he's still out there at his age.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he was always planned as a platoon player in TN...started 6 games, but had snaps in just about every game.

FA...yeah I wouldn't expect a ILB at this point. I'm still thinking about a vet CB....supposedly they still may have some interest in Gilbert...a little surprised he's still out there at his age.
CB... Wait, Gilbert? Who?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB... Wait, Gilbert? Who?

Yeah I know...that Gilbert, Justin.

Reportedly they didn't think he would have a chance to start next yr. in PIT, so they cut him loose, but might be interested at a lower price.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know...that Gilbert, Justin.

Reportedly they didn't think he would have a chance to start next yr. in PIT, so they cut him loose, but might be interested at a lower price.
Link?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay good money to see that asshole get clobbered out on the football field. Let him QB for the Browns and we'll let Harrison blitz his blindside...

Hey don't be talkin' shit about the Browns, that's my job. I'll get the last laugh when Cleveland sweeps Pittsburgh this year!:D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! A picture from 10 years ago.

Nevermind the fact that the Browns signed two of the guys (Steinbach and Rucker) listed on that van. You have a weak troll game.

And you have no sense of humor. Then again I understand why, you root for the Bengals. I almost feel bad for you. Okay, not really.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I usually don't like to talk nor read about this tool for obvious reasons... But I have to wonder if he's starting to turn things around. Haven't read many bad headlines about him recently, so maybe he's cleaned it up and is trying to make another serious run at a career in the NFL. Heard the Saints & Sean Payton were taking some serious interest. Honestly don't think it will last though. As @ATL96Steeler always says, a spade is a spade. Don't know what his motives are, whether it be money problems or personal image, but he's not likely to make it very long given his ego.

I wonder what strings are attached to him? Does Cleveland own any rights to his contracts? Not asking for the purpose of interest in PIT, but rather simple curiosity.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I usually don't like to talk nor read about this tool for obvious reasons... But I have to wonder if he's starting to turn things around. Haven't read many bad headlines about him recently, so maybe he's cleaned it up and is trying to make another serious run at a career in the NFL. Heard the Saints & Sean Payton were taking some serious interest. Honestly don't think it will last though. As @ATL96Steeler always says, a spade is a spade. Don't know what his motives are, whether it be money problems or personal image, but he's not likely to make it very long given his ego.

I wonder what strings are attached to him? Does Cleveland own any rights to his contracts? Not asking for the purpose of interest in PIT, but rather simple curiosity.

I've been hearing about this resurgence! lol

imo, he's not a starter in this league, but could be a nice back up. As far as his reasons...I guess at some point the light goes on for everybody...if his dad pulled the parachute away he might be broke or near broke...but from the couple of people I know (A&M grads) think he feels he can still make good money in the NFL (as a backup) if he just grows up.