• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the ever-increasing salary cap I get the sense that most GMs are turning into those kids at the candy store with a healthy allowance.

I think there is a floor each team has to meet as well, so that could encourage some stupity...SF paid a FB (from the Ravens I think) like $21m...$11m G.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern if I were a Browns fan would be them ignoring the QB position yet again. It seems like they aren't serious about Brock - They need to keep it that way. They must leverage all of these excellent picks into either drafting a qb of the future or trading for one. Until they get the QB right, it doesn't matter what they do with the roster.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern if I were a Browns fan would be them ignoring the QB position yet again. It seems like they aren't serious about Brock - They need to keep it that way. They must leverage all of these excellent picks into either drafting a qb of the future or trading for one. Until they get the QB right, it doesn't matter what they do with the roster.
Word is they are after Garropolo. That could be a solid grab. Even if they get him I still think they need to draft a QB at the 12th pick. Double down and improve their chances because Kessler still has a ways to go in his development.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no...yes in terms of really becoming a playoff caliber team, that guy is not on their roster right now imo. No in terms of just getting out of the cellar.

Kessler is a decent stop gap QB...accurate, makes good decisions, but not the arm to challenge good secondaries down field consistently. His biggest problem is he's concussion prone...behind a better OL, I can see him leading them to .500.

I'll be honest, I'm leery of Jimmy G outside of the NE family. Of course he looked good in his 3 games starting for Brady, but that was just 3 games...in a system he knows, with players he knows. If there was nobody (any position) I really liked at 12, I would look at trading back getting an extra pick or 2 and then trade for Jimmy G.

But, your point is a good one, at some point they need to solve QB long term to really have any kind of consistency and I 'm sure Hue knows that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is they are after Garropolo. That could be a solid grab. Even if they get him I still think they need to draft a QB at the 12th pick. Double down and improve their chances because Kessler still has a ways to go in his development.

You would go QB @ 12?

1st off, to get Jimmy G, (who I'm not all in on btw), I think they would need to use 12 in some form or fashion...imo 12 is too high for Jimmy, but maybe trade back with KC pick up 59 and give NE 27 & maybe 52 or 59 for him.

As it stands...12 is a great spot to land another day one starter on DEF.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler: Steelers To Sign WR Justin Hunter - Steelers Depot

Competition for Coates, Hamilton and maybe Bryant.

Unfulfilled talent, but never really had a QB the caliber of Ben...could be a great pick up.
I think I read somewhere that Munchak drafted this kid in TEN. And also suspended him by coach's decision lol. So Tomlin & Colbert knew who to ask about the kid. The potential must have outweighed the cons. Seems like a more athletic Wheaton.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would go QB @ 12?

1st off, to get Jimmy G, (who I'm not all in on btw), I think they would need to use 12 in some form or fashion...imo 12 is too high for Jimmy, but maybe trade back with KC pick up 59 and give NE 27 & maybe 52 or 59 for him.

As it stands...12 is a great spot to land another day one starter on DEF.
Trading the 12th pick for Jimmy would be an awful decision. He's not worth that much. But if they could trade down then it'd be more worthwhile. They have multiple 2nd rounders, so I'm betting those are in play. Still think they need to draft a QB regardless.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read somewhere that Munchak drafted this kid in TEN. And also suspended him by coach's decision lol. So Tomlin & Colbert knew who to ask about the kid. The potential must have outweighed the cons. Seems like a more athletic Wheaton.

Coach Munch was there when he was drafted...both he and Patterson came out from TN as JRs...Patterson went to MIN and Hunter to TN. Most people around TN felt they both should've stayed another yr. Neither stuck with the team that drafted them! lol

That said, he's better than Coates and Hamilton for sure and could rival Bryant if his head is together. If he clicks with Ben early I can see him being the WR2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading the 12th pick for Jimmy would be an awful decision. He's not worth that much. But if they could trade down then it'd be more worthwhile. They have multiple 2nd rounders, so I'm betting those are in play. Still think they need to draft a QB regardless.

NE kinda needs Jimmy G...as a backup, so they're going to make CLE pay if they get him, but final yr of his rookie deal...without an extension in place CLE would be flirting with danger. I just think he's marginal talent outside of the NE blanket.

I agree Jimmy G or not they still need to draft a QB...if it were me, I would trade back and get one of the top 4 guys...with so many edge guys, CBs, and at least 2 RBs maybe 3 with Mixon...I think one of the 4 QBs will be on the board near the bottom of the draft...really 5 if you count Webb.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I like what Cleveland is doing so far with the new regime.

They need a QB but not getting one this year might not be inaction but rather lack of options. Franchise quarterbacks, once on a team, usually don't hit the market. So you're left with the draft and that's a crap shoot. Speaking of the draft and Jimmy G. I would rate JG better than any prospect in this years draft and value him as such. Yeah, we've only seen 3 games and those games were in the NE system but it's 3 more pro games than we've seen from any of the prospects. When given the chance he did something with it. That's got to count for something. I'd probably say the 12 pick straight up would be fair although I don't think NE would take that. QB's are expensive.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the right place to make fun of Andy Dalton & the Bengals?:noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I like what Cleveland is doing so far with the new regime.

They need a QB but not getting one this year might not be inaction but rather lack of options. Franchise quarterbacks, once on a team, usually don't hit the market. So you're left with the draft and that's a crap shoot. Speaking of the draft and Jimmy G. I would rate JG better than any prospect in this years draft and value him as such. Yeah, we've only seen 3 games and those games were in the NE system but it's 3 more pro games than we've seen from any of the prospects. When given the chance he did something with it. That's got to count for something. I'd probably say the 12 pick straight up would be fair although I don't think NE would take that. QB's are expensive.

3 games is better than nothing, and I agree he's better than any rookie in this class right now. But after seeing guys like Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler get huge deals off small sample success and fail with their new teams...I'm skeptical.

Doesn't mean I would make a deal for Jimmy G, but it really becomes more about the upfront cost and securing him long term. If CLE was truly a QB away from being a legit above .500 team...I would offer 12 and maybe more...I don't think they are a QB away from that yet.

But I understand there are different views on this....you're certainly right that QB are expensive.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the right place to make fun of Andy Dalton & the Bengals?:noidea:

If Dalton were on the Browns, he'd be their best quarterback since the 1987 version of Bernie. But sure, joke away.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dalton were on the Browns, he'd be their best quarterback since the 1987 version of Bernie. But sure, joke away.

I sure will joke away.

imagessadsa.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3