• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see Bilings and Atkins on the D-Line together. That's probably the only thing I'm excited about as far as the Bengals.

And a pipe dream of AJ McCarron starting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see Bilings and Atkins on the D-Line together. That's probably the only thing I'm excited about as far as the Bengals.

And a pipe dream of AJ McCarron starting.
Don't believe we've ever crossed paths before... Welcome to the Hoop, and welcome to the Steelers forum!

:suds:

There were quite a few of us on the Steelers forum that were big fans of Billings. I was very disappointed to see him fall to the 4th Rd after being mocked in the 1st for months and the Steelers didn't nab him. Also bummed we didn't get to see him play at all. He will definitely have our attention next season if he can stay healthy!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe we've ever crossed paths before... Welcome to the Hoop, and welcome to the Steelers forum!

:suds:

There were quite a few of us on the Steelers forum that were big fans of Billings. I was very disappointed to see him fall to the 4th Rd after being mocked in the 1st for months and the Steelers didn't nab him. Also bummed we didn't get to see him play at all. He will definitely have our attention next season if he can stay healthy!

Billings...yeah, we liked him. I think he's a 2 down player which I was okay with. Coach Mitch liked Hargrave much better thinking he was a 3 down player...we'll have to see if that really holds water, but I can say...this billings kid + Atkins will make it harder to run on the Bengals. Peko was serviceable and would make a few plays, but he was aging.

@The Klaw...I don't think I've seen you on this board either...welcome!

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys.

I want to hate the Steelers ( for obvious reasons like 2016 ), but I'm tired of hating. I just want to win.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys.

I want to hate the Steelers ( for obvious reasons like 2016 ), but I'm tired of hating. I just want to win.
Understandable! But if you ever need to get some hate off your mind... Feel free to throw down on the general in the Hate Guide!

AFCN Hate Guide

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thru Day Two look at the draft.

BAL...killing it imo...still need a WR, and OL depth, but they are clicking off need after need with quality picks...Williams at 78 could be a real steal.

CLE...on paper they are knocking it out the park. Kizer @ 52 makes a whole lot more sense than Trubisky or Mahommes in the top 15. I thought they might have gone CB or S with 65, but they are likely transitioning to a 43 front so I guess that pick makes sense also.

CIN...I don't like Ross as a top 10 pick, he could be a fast bust. But imo they got a 1st rd talent in Mixon and Jordan Willis could be a special player...I guess they are waiting for today on OL depth.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thru Day Two look at the draft.

BAL...killing it imo...still need a WR, and OL depth, but they are clicking off need after need with quality picks...Williams at 78 could be a real steal.

CLE...on paper they are knocking it out the park. Kizer @ 52 makes a whole lot more sense than Trubisky or Mahommes in the top 15. I thought they might have gone CB or S with 65, but they are likely transitioning to a 43 front so I guess that pick makes sense also.

CIN...I don't like Ross as a top 10 pick, he could be a fast bust. But imo they got a 1st rd talent in Mixon and Jordan Willis could be a special player...I guess they are waiting for today on OL depth.
BAL:
Humphrey CB
Bowser OLB
Wormley DE
Williams OLB
Siragusa OG
Eluemunor OG
Clark DB

CIN:
Ross WR
Mixon RB
Willis OLB
Lawson OLB
Malone WR
Glasgow DT
Elliot K
Dielman C
Evans LB
Wilson RB
Rd 7 comp pick

CLE:
Garrett DE
Peppers S
Njoku TE
Kizer QB
Ogunjobi DT
Wilson CB
Johnson OT
Brantley DT
Gonzalez K
Rd 7 comp pick

The rest of the division is killin it with this draft... While the Steelers are having one of the weirdest drafts that I've seen in a while.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL:
Humphrey CB
Bowser OLB
Wormley DE
Williams OLB
Siragusa OG
Eluemunor OG
Clark DB

CIN:
Ross WR
Mixon RB
Willis OLB
Lawson OLB
Malone WR
Glasgow DT
Elliot K
Dielman C
Evans LB
Wilson RB
Rd 7 comp pick

CLE:
Garrett DE
Peppers S
Njoku TE
Kizer QB
Ogunjobi DT
Wilson CB
Johnson OT
Brantley DT
Gonzalez K
Rd 7 comp pick

The rest of the division is killin it with this draft... While the Steelers are having one of the weirdest drafts that I've seen in a while.

The only rounds I can say I really liked for the Steelers were 1 & 3...

2...head scratcher.

4...even with his short comings I'm a Dobbs guy, but they left several decent TE prospects on the board....Peterman goes 2 rounds later.

5th...I get it. They go for a developmental big CB after leaving a higher rated prospect (Witherspoon from Colo) on the board in rd 2.

6th...maybe Warren said he's retiring IDK...aside from that I don't get that pick.

7th...okay, maybe they dbl down on edge, maybe they can move him inside...hard to say there.

I will say...if Watt and Sutton get meaningful snaps this year and I think they will, I'd be okay with the draft but it was not a sexy draft.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only rounds I can say I really liked for the Steelers were 1 & 3...

2...head scratcher.

4...even with his short comings I'm a Dobbs guy, but they left several decent TE prospects on the board....Peterman goes 2 rounds later.

5th...I get it. They go for a developmental big CB after leaving a higher rated prospect (Witherspoon from Colo) on the board in rd 2.

6th...maybe Warren said he's retiring IDK...aside from that I don't get that pick.

7th...okay, maybe they dbl down on edge, maybe they can move him inside...hard to say there.

I will say...if Watt and Sutton get meaningful snaps this year and I think they will, I'd be okay with the draft but it was not a sexy draft.
Agreed on all counts. 1 & 3 were definitely the highlights.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all counts. 1 & 3 were definitely the highlights.

We'll have to see how this draft shapes up long term, but I'm very curious to see how the WR position shakes out @ 53...(12 on roster as of today) just off the top of my head top 6 is...

AB
Bryant
Eli Rogers
Juju Smith-Schuster
Coates
DHB

Taking Dobbs at 135 pretty much ensures that we've seen the last of Mett if he doesn't beat out Landry for QB2 which is doubtful.

FWIW...more than one person seems to think this Keion Adams kid might make the 53. I see they signed 9 udfa...have to follow those names when camp starts to see who might stick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see how this draft shapes up long term, but I'm very curious to see how the WR position shakes out @ 53...(12 on roster as of today) just off the top of my head top 6 is...

AB
Bryant
Eli Rogers
Juju Smith-Schuster
Coates
DHB

Taking Dobbs at 135 pretty much ensures that we've seen the last of Mett if he doesn't beat out Landry for QB2 which is doubtful.

FWIW...more than one person seems to think this Keion Adams kid might make the 53. I see they signed 9 udfa...have to follow those names when camp starts to see who might stick.
I like that WR list, with the exception of Coates. I'd like to see either Ayers or Hunter grab that spot. DHB will likely get the nod because he's a ST ace. Ayers will need to prove he can handle the return game if he has any shot at making the 53. Hunter shouldn't have much of a problem beating out Coates in camp in the vertical/stretch routes. From what I've seen he simply has better hands. But Coates is something of a camp-warrior. He always looks good in the offseason so who knows how that will play out.

Adams... If he can unseat Moats then I'm game. Moats got benched last season for poor play and never really contributed on ST. He's a lame duck at the moment.

PS... Was reading about some kid (Allen?) from SteelersWire about him being some sort of athletic freak of nature. WIll have to do some digging as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that WR list, with the exception of Coates. I'd like to see either Ayers or Hunter grab that spot. DHB will likely get the nod because he's a ST ace. Ayers will need to prove he can handle the return game if he has any shot at making the 53. Hunter shouldn't have much of a problem beating out Coates in camp in the vertical/stretch routes. From what I've seen he simply has better hands. But Coates is something of a camp-warrior. He always looks good in the offseason so who knows how that will play out.

Adams... If he can unseat Moats then I'm game. Moats got benched last season for poor play and never really contributed on ST. He's a lame duck at the moment.

PS... Was reading about some kid (Allen?) from SteelersWire about him being some sort of athletic freak of nature. WIll have to do some digging as well.

Agree on Hunter over Coates...for some reason I don't expect them to keep 3 small bodied guys unless one Ayers does excel in the return game.

WR...idk don't watch much Pac 10 at all so I can't say I know much about him outside of the write ups, but Smith-Schuster needs to shine imo...they left a LOT of good names on the board to take him. Seems like a big possession guy willing to work inside the hash marks....maybe not deep ball speed which Hunter and Bryant have.

I think Watt was the best edge rusher on the board with no baggage...I'm not sure he's a db digit sack guy, but I think he's going to do okay in time. We'll have to watch Bowser (next edge guy taken) and see what he does in BAL but if Tim Williams was a real option at 62, Kevin King at 30 would not have bothered me a bit.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AB
Bryant
Eli Rogers
Juju Smith-Schuster
Coates
DHB

Sad part is Mett doesn't have a chance because of the unknown love the F/O and Tomlin have with Jones.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is Mett doesn't have a chance because of the unknown love the F/O and Tomlin have with Jones.
I'm kind of holding out hope now that Ben is fully committed that they are viewing Jones as a disposable commodity. That of course goes under the assumption that he was only resigned as insurance in the first place. Doubt it, but one can dream...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of holding out hope now that Ben is fully committed that they are viewing Jones as a disposable commodity. That of course goes under the assumption that he was only resigned as insurance in the first place. Doubt it, but one can dream...

Ever heard the saying of shit in one hand and wish in the other, and tell me which one fills faster.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For whatever reason I think Mett is having a tough time getting passed Haley. Doubtful Tomlin even knows enough about the guy and I know Colbert doesn't. Something they don't like about him.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason I think Mett is having a tough time getting passed Haley. Doubtful Tomlin even knows enough about the guy and I know Colbert doesn't. Something they don't like about him.

Then why sign him.....:scratch:

I don't get it.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get it.....
They had a real need for a QB3 at the time with Gradkowski showing so much wear & tear. Once he cleared waivers it was a good grab.

FWIW I have heard he has character concerns. He carries a "frat boy" mentality, and some have said he lacks the competitive drive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get it.....

The only thing Jones has over Mett imo is knowledge of the playbook which I understand is important and if Mett hasn't been digging deep in that area, I can see why he hasn't been given a chance...aside from that, I have no clue. Jones has done nothing to be etched into the QB2 spot.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a real need for a QB3 at the time with Gradkowski showing so much wear & tear. Once he cleared waivers it was a good grab.

FWIW I have heard he has character concerns. He carries a "frat boy" mentality, and some have said he lacks the competitive drive.

:lol:

@FaCe-LeE-uS I get all that.....

I don't understand why sign a guy with actual NFL experience, such as Mett, get all of our hopes up and then Tomlin says, Landry is still our guy...

One of those WTF moments, because you and I both know Jones sucks seven ways to Sunday!!!!