• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else think 49ers beat the Seahawks?

Brando71

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't post on message boards typically. I was just looking for a place to discuss the 49ers with like-minded individuals. That is how I found this place. I have been a 49er fan about as long as the underachieving Seahawks have been in existence.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't post on message boards typically. I was just looking for a place to discuss the 49ers with like-minded individuals. That is how I found this place. I have been a 49er fan about as long as the underachieving Seahawks have been in existence.

well welcome. Enjoy it.. The Niners have a great team board with lots of discussion as well.

If you ever want to talk Ducks or PAC football you will find the best thread on SportsHoopla located in the CFB general discussion board.

(PAC12 Thread v.2)

:suds:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont see whats tough to understand.

if you show up after your team is deep in the playoffs and start jock riding a team, it comes off very frontrunnerish. i would think the same thing if it was a hawks fan.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the hawks should be favored by a couple of points but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the 49ers win. this is the game i will be looking forward to the most on sunday.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are going to beat the crapperlick out of each other. If the hawks get up early, I don't see crapperlick being accurate enough to bring his team back. One play he hits a perfect pass, the next, he misses by a bunch.
Lets hope the officials let them play and nobody gets injured by a cheap shot. If the Hawks win, I stay home. If the Hawks lose, I may head to the coast and hang out for a few weeks. Its only football.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a 3.5 point favorite. This means Vegas thinks the Seahawks are 0.5 points better than the 49ers on average on a neutral field.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say, the 40whiners aren't playing an overhyped Panther team this week.....No disrespect to the Panthers, they made a huge step forward this year and will be more of a threat next yr too, but the Hawks are an elite team NOW, and at home with that 12th man, and seriously an all around better team than Jimmy's Crybabies.....I hope the Hawks beat them 52 -0.....It's gonna be Broncos vs Hawks in SB 48, BOOK IT !!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the niners bring their absolute best game, they may have à shot.

If the Seahawks bring their absolute best game, the niners dont have à shot

I don't know who's more overconfident, you or Seahawksfan. I know yours is more about how little respect you have for Kaepernick and that's not unwarranted. He hasn't played nearly well enough to win in your house. I just see that he has made strides since that last game up there. Is he going through reads like Brady or Manning? No, not nearly. He has gotten better at it, though. You better hope Wilson doesn't keep making bad passes on slant patterns or they might end up pick 6's against this defense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw out all the hype...just breaking these teams down...SF imo looks to be the stronger OFC, DEF I say even...now, when you factor the intangibles...the crowd, history in that stadium and it looks like a SEA win...gotta fall back on the old adage...the team that runs the ball the best will win it.

I was not that impressed with SEA vs NO II...solid on DEF as you would expect, but the OFC left a lot to be desired...I'm thinking SF goes back to the SB 21-17.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who's more overconfident, you or Seahawksfan. I know yours is more about how little respect you have for Kaepernick and that's not unwarranted. He hasn't played nearly well enough to win in your house. I just see that he has made strides since that last game up there. Is he going through reads like Brady or Manning? No, not nearly. He has gotten better at it, though. You better hope Wilson doesn't keep making bad passes on slant patterns or they might end up pick 6's against this defense.

I'm with you on the Wilson deal. He cant have wild passes like this last week.

As far as my overconfidence, you and I have bullshitted all season, you know I like a little trash talk. But this is real confidence. I dont think ive predicted a double digit win since Jacksonville. This stems from legit assessments about Kap. I know I'm as critical of him as anyone not named hammerdown, but he has improved as the year went on. But not enough imo. There is still a hesitence in his game, and a likeliness to make ill-advised throws.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say, the 40whiners aren't playing an overhyped Panther team this week.....No disrespect to the Panthers, they made a huge step forward this year and will be more of a threat next yr too, but the Hawks are an elite team NOW, and at home with that 12th man, and seriously an all around better team than Jimmy's Crybabies.....I hope the Hawks beat them 52 -0.....It's gonna be Broncos vs Hawks in SB 48, BOOK IT !!

Jimmies are rustled.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the Wilson deal. He cant have wild passes like this last week.

As far as my overconfidence, you and I have bullshitted all season, you know I like a little trash talk. But this is real confidence. I dont think ive predicted a double digit win since Jacksonville. This stems from legit assessments about Kap. I know I'm as critical of him as anyone not named hammerdown, but he has improved as the year went on. But not enough imo. There is still a hesitence in his game, and a likeliness to make ill-advised throws.

I can understand that. I honestly believe this, Wilson has regressed. He isn't as good as some want to believe. He is good when rolling out or escaping pressure but he doesn't make accurate throws when they are needed. He did make a good throw to Baldwin and that was big time, but too many times he makes inaccurate throws. Against a defense like the Niners, they will make him pay. Especially since they are usually short throws where our linebackers will be around the ball.

It's going to be a game of attrition and who makes the least amount of mistakes. If Kaep plays anything close to how he has lately, it's going to be a tough go for your boys.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add this: Wilson doesn't have nearly the weapons or OL, so it's understandable that he has struggled as of late. He's still a quality QB.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that. I honestly believe this, Wilson has regressed. He isn't as good as some want to believe. He is good when rolling out or escaping pressure but he doesn't make accurate throws when they are needed. He did make a good throw to Baldwin and that was big time, but too many times he makes inaccurate throws. Against a defense like the Niners, they will make him pay. Especially since they are usually short throws where our linebackers will be around the ball.

It's going to be a game of attrition and who makes the least amount of mistakes. If Kaep plays anything close to how he has lately, it's going to be a tough go for your boys.

Wilson is like a lot of quarterbacks, his o-line problems have affected his presence in the pocket, I've watched him rush throws, get out of the pocket too quickly, etc., all because his o-line was a disaster zone for a while. If the 49ers can pressure AND contain him so he can't scramble like Tarkenton they can do ok. As for Kaepernick, he has to play better than he has, he can do it, but he hasn't so far in Seattle. But I have hope now, mainly because you told me I was too negative in another thread RD!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is like a lot of quarterbacks, his o-line problems have affected his presence in the pocket, I've watched him rush throws, get out of the pocket too quickly, etc., all because his o-line was a disaster zone for a while. If the 49ers can pressure AND contain him so he can't scramble like Tarkenton they can do ok. As for Kaepernick, he has to play better than he has, he can do it, but he hasn't so far in Seattle. But I have hope now, mainly because you told me I was too negative in another thread RD!

Lol, good! He has improved and actually started going through progressions. He is a work in progress but I see development. If I didn't then I would feel like our chances are bleak. He is really the X factor. As he goes, we go and it's really that simple. He can have a much larger affect on the outcome than Wilson can.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw out all the hype...just breaking these teams down...SF imo looks to be the stronger OFC, DEF I say even...now, when you factor the intangibles...the crowd, history in that stadium and it looks like a SEA win...gotta fall back on the old adage...the team that runs the ball the best will win it.

I was not that impressed with SEA vs NO II...solid on DEF as you would expect, but the OFC left a lot to be desired...I'm thinking SF goes back to the SB 21-17.
So Beast Mode runs for 140 yards and 2 TDs yet you're not impressed even when you said the better running team wins.... :noidea:

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Beast Mode runs for 140 yards and 2 TDs yet you're not impressed even when you said the better running team wins.... :noidea:

Beast mode isn't running against the Saints this week. Both teams have terrific running games. Pretty much impossible to say which is the "better running team." Don't get me wrong, Lynch is a stud, but there is absolutely no running back in the NFL that worries me vs the 49ers. With that said, we could easily shut him down and still lose. The key for us winning this game pretty much comes down to not just pressuring Russell Wilson, but getting his sneaky ass down into the dirt early and often. The 49ers D has worried me this year with the lack of consistent pressure we have been getting. We get some and it seems to come in spurts when we really need it, but we have not been getting to the QB nearly enough with the talent we have on the front 7.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a 3.5 point favorite. This means Vegas thinks the Seahawks are 0.5 points better than the 49ers on average on a neutral field.

Not necessarily true if they think the Clink provides more of a homefield advantage than the typical 3 points.

Either way, Vegas is saying its extremely close on a neutral field, and the Hawks have the edge being at home- which I can't argue with.