• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Allen Hurns has a new contract

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were actually talking about this on Bronco radio as the Broncos have said they are actively trying to get Sanders signed to a long-term deal. I would say Hurns' deal would be the low end of what Sanders would probably get. Honestly I would be surprised if the Broncos did get something done with Sanders. Just can't devote so much money to the WR position with DT already locked up for big money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably means Baldwin will be moving on to a new team next year.

I keep wondering if Seattle is going to be taking a bit of a culture shift over the next few years. While Wilson was on his rookie contract most of the big money seemed to be flowing to the defensive side of the ball to build that incredible defense. The offensive side though has been adding a bit more with Wilson and Graham. So wouldn't surprise me to see them try to keep Baldwin even if they have to overpay just a bit. Right now the rest of the offense is still pretty cheap so I think they could afford it. Throw in beyond Baldwin the only other big name FA's that I can see are Avril and Hauschka. There are a few others I'm sure they want to keep but I don't think anybody else will break the bank.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep wondering if Seattle is going to be taking a bit of a culture shift over the next few years. While Wilson was on his rookie contract most of the big money seemed to be flowing to the defensive side of the ball to build that incredible defense. The offensive side though has been adding a bit more with Wilson and Graham. So wouldn't surprise me to see them try to keep Baldwin even if they have to overpay just a bit. Right now the rest of the offense is still pretty cheap so I think they could afford it. Throw in beyond Baldwin the only other big name FA's that I can see are Avril and Hauschka. There are a few others I'm sure they want to keep but I don't think anybody else will break the bank.

It's not just next year free agents, it's also the following years. Love to see him remain a Seahawks, but you start talking 10 mil a year for him IDK.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just next year free agents, it's also the following years. Love to see him remain a Seahawks, but you start talking 10 mil a year for him IDK.

Good point about looking a few years in advance. At the same time locking up a great WR for only $10 million a year actually is a pretty good deal these days. I would say over the next couple of years $10 million a year might not even be top-20 in the league for the position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about looking a few years in advance. At the same time locking up a great WR for only $10 million a year actually is a pretty good deal these days. I would say over the next couple of years $10 million a year might not even be top-20 in the league for the position.

You make a good point also, the ways salaries are rising 10 mil might be a deal. Baldwins been talking he want paid like a top receiver though, so 10 mil might be on the low side of what he'll ask for. On the Seahawks he's WR1, not a WR2 so back to IDK

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point also, the ways salaries are rising 10 mil might be a deal. Baldwins been talking he want paid like a top receiver though, so 10 mil might be on the low side of what he'll ask for. On the Seahawks he's WR1, not a WR2 so back to IDK

Throw in usually guys who are UDFA pick ups if they can cash out on a huge deal that 2nd time around will do so. If that is the case then yeah I see Seattle having a tough time keeping him on as they dont' usually do that unless it is an elite of the elite type player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in usually guys who are UDFA pick ups if they can cash out on a huge deal that 2nd time around will do so. If that is the case then yeah I see Seattle having a tough time keeping him on as they dont' usually do that unless it is an elite of the elite type player.
Think Lockett will be ready to fill that WR1 spot if Baldwin market price is to much. In fact I think Lockett could be real good.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Graham fails to produce this year, he's cut at $0 dead cap and the $10M going there would go to Baldwin.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt it. Carroll is a defensive minded ball control coach and it's been proven throughout history that defense wins Championships. Even with Smith/Aikman/Irvin and Montana/Rice, those defenses were very good.

There's zero reason in this NFL to be spending a ton of money on offensive players outside of QB. Better to build an elite defense and grab a runningback who grow on trees these days.

Graham will either make or break it this year... that's $8-9M, Lynch is $11M+ removed from the cap after this year (dead + actual savings), cap increases another $10-15M, etc. And Seattle is middle of the road right now. They have $10M of cap to play with. That's before removing and considering all the above. They'd have PLENTY of room to extend Baldwin, Bennett, Avril, Chancellor (if they wish to go this route) and still pursue a couple decent free agents.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Seattle extends Baldwin if it is anywhere close to the numbers mentioned in this thread. Those dollars will most likely be spent of D players.
We will be fine if Doug moves on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Seattle extends Baldwin if it is anywhere close to the numbers mentioned in this thread. Those dollars will most likely be spent of D players.
Looks like we are in agreement here. How about that.:suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like yesterday there was quite a bit of handwringing about how valuable Maclin was. Crazy to see the inflation that is out there right now for WR's. Not a fun position to throw money at unless you have a bluechip.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to see if Angry Doug can have a repeat of last year. As been mentioned he's a #1 on the Hawks currently but I don't think he's a #1 on many other teams. He had a ridiculous 5 consecutive games last year. If he can repeat that I change my opinion. Otherwise he's actually a #2 IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to see if Angry Doug can have a repeat of last year. As been mentioned he's a #1 on the Hawks currently but I don't think he's a #1 on many other teams. He had a ridiculous 5 consecutive games last year. If he can repeat that I change my opinion. Otherwise he's actually a #2 IMO.
If you listen to Baldwin interview on ESPN a little bit ago, not even Doug thinks that going to happen, because the Seahawks are dead set to run the ball this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen to Baldwin interview on ESPN a little bit ago, not even Doug thinks that going to happen, because the Seahawks are dead set to run the ball this year.
I didn't hear it. Do you think any of that is just hyperbole in case 1. He doesn't have a great year he's portraying himself as being a 1 but he just doesn't get enough touches? Or 2. He can use it to negotiate with the Hawks for a bigger pay day?

They may want to stay a run first team but there are still lots of questions to be answered both on the RBs and the O line. I'm still pissed Sea took Prosise, I'm not sure in NE would've taken him next or not? But I was hoping.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear it. Do you think any of that is just hyperbole in case 1. He doesn't have a great year he's portraying himself as being a 1 but he just doesn't get enough touches? Or 2. He can use it to negotiate with the Hawks for a bigger pay day?

They may want to stay a run first team but there are still lots of questions to be answered both on the RBs and the O line. I'm still pissed Sea took Prosise, I'm not sure in NE would've taken him next or not? But I was hoping.
No, Doug wan't happy about it. He talked about how hard it was to get them to go passing offensive last year. Screaming matches on the sideline with the OC, but also meant for Pete. He's accepted it back to pounding the ball. Doesn't change his opinion that he's a top WR even if his numbers go down.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Doug wan't happy about it. He talked about how hard it was to get them to go passing offensive last year. Screaming matches on the sideline with the OC, but also meant for Pete. He's accepted it back to pounding the ball. Doesn't change his opinion that he's a top WR even if his numbers go down.
FWIW, in the median attempts regression thread I posted a bit ago, Doug Baldwin was 11th among WR's with 1,287 yards. Should grab a bit of attention from WR desperate teams.