• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's Da'shawn hand arrested for DUI

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ask me to show where you defended a non suspension. I did yet I'm the one grasping at straws? Come on dude. Your severe line of trying to change the subject isn't working. Fact of the matter is you did defend a non suspension.

An again, I never stated you did anything different. You just are defending a non suspension. Which I have cited TWICE. If you're too stupid to understand this then please stop posting.
And again, I am not defending a non suspension. I even go so far as to state I am not against it if he coach decides to do so. I am merely citing what I would do. You keep making this about my opinion of what I would do differently, while not seeing I am not against a suspension if it warrants such. The words saying i am not against a suspension if the coach decides to do so is a key to the whole thing, please take note of them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not switching subjects. I've made my position very clear. Suspending him is a punishment. It's not some slap on the wrist.

Thanks
And that is opinion based, so your opinion is noted. I made mine clear many times, yet its been twisted into things it never was. Your opinion is noted, you are dismissed now. No need to reiterate yourr opinion again.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, I am not defending a non suspension. I even go so far as to state I am not against it if he coach decides to do so. I am merely citing what I would do. You keep making this about my opinion of what I would do differently, while not seeing I am not against a suspension if it warrants such. The words saying i am not against a suspension if the coach decides to do so is a key to the whole thing, please take note of them.

I have continually proven that you actually did say a suspension isn't much of a punishment, isn't a punishment, the kid learns nothing from it. Yeah I'd say you are defending a non suspension. You saying you aren't "against a suspension if the coach decides to do so" after the coach decided to not do so is the equivalent of me saying I should have bet on Miami in the bowl game after the fact.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is opinion based, so your opinion is noted. I made mine clear many times, yet its been twisted into things it never was. Your opinion is noted, you are dismissed now. No need to reiterate yourr opinion again.

Your opinion has been twisted by you and you only. If you don't want this thread to continue I advise you to stop posting in it. Simple as that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have continually proven that you actually did say a suspension isn't much of a punishment, isn't a punishment, the kid learns nothing from it. Yeah I'd say you are defending a non suspension. You saying you aren't "against a suspension if the coach decides to do so" after the coach decided to not do so is the equivalent of me saying I should have bet on Miami in the bowl game after the fact.
Wow, so the coach decided not to suspend? I had no clue, didnt keep up with this because its not tops on my list to follow. Plenty of others things more important to me at this point. I did hear he was sent to a class of some kind, but I am sure more is on his plate.
My feeings on a suspension being "not much of a punishment"(said this several times) does not mean I dont think it is a form of punishment, I just dont view it as much of one. You continuing to think I am totally against suspensions is ludicrous as I have noted I am not many times. I just prefer methods that get to the root of the issue, like abuse classes, meetings, things that heal the student and help him to make better life choices down the road. So again, thanks for your opinion, but mine is different and we can agree to disagree.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion has been twisted by you and you only. If you don't want this thread to continue I advise you to stop posting in it. Simple as that.
Wow, practicing what you preach would be a good thing sparky.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think choosing a college team is the same as the color of skin you are you seriously have more problems than I thought. But then again, maybe it's just your jimmies that are rustled. :lol:

Your inability to follow simple concepts is somewhat amazing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't vengeance, it is holding them accountable. A slap on the wrist isn't a deterrent. Community service and ride alongs aren't deterrents. Taking away what is most important to them is a deterrent. There is nothing more important to a college football player than being on the field with his family (his teammates).

So getting a DUI isn't a deterrent in itself?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't for a stupid bar fight or shoplifting -- it is for a DUI. And seeing as how he is 21 already, youthful offender is out of the equation.

Bare minimum will be suspended license, fine and court cost, and whatever he pays for an attorney. I can't vouche for the state of Alabama's judicial system, but DUI is one of the worst things you can get in Michigan. The judges show no mercy.

I have no love for DUI in general and if they wanted to put him in jail for 6 months, that would be fine by me.

But it's his first offense and he wasn't driving so I think he has a good chance at getting a diversion. It may not be called "youthful offender" at his age, but they still have things for it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your inability to follow simple concepts is somewhat amazing.

Your ability to believe choosing a college football team to root for and being born a skin color is somehow similar is beyond understanding. Par for the course really.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so the coach decided not to suspend? I had no clue, didnt keep up with this because its not tops on my list to follow. Plenty of others things more important to me at this point. I did hear he was sent to a class of some kind, but I am sure more is on his plate.
My feeings on a suspension being "not much of a punishment"(said this several times) does not mean I dont think it is a form of punishment, I just dont view it as much of one. You continuing to think I am totally against suspensions is ludicrous as I have noted I am not many times. I just prefer methods that get to the root of the issue, like abuse classes, meetings, things that heal the student and help him to make better life choices down the road. So again, thanks for your opinion, but mine is different and we can agree to disagree.

Again, you've stated that it wasn't a punishment in two posts.(at least) That's where confusion occurs. Yes, we agree to disagree again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are too dumb to answer it?

Humorous that you'd be calling someone dumb after making that comment. :lol:

Let me know if you ever take your blind homer glasses off and we can have a discussion. Until then, It is like I said, Saban could kill your first born and you'd be on here saying they deserved to die and murder should be legal anyways. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humorous that you'd be calling someone dumb after making that comment. :lol:

Let me know if you ever take your blind homer glasses off and we can have a discussion. Until then, It is like I said, Saban could kill your first born and you'd be on here saying they deserved to die and murder should be legal anyways. :L

Still too dumb to answer.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no love for DUI in general and if they wanted to put him in jail for 6 months, that would be fine by me.

But it's his first offense and he wasn't driving so I think he has a good chance at getting a diversion. It may not be called "youthful offender" at his age, but they still have things for it.
Has this kid even gone to court yet? I am really against any punishment until after court. Too many times kids are punished and then charges are thrown out or someone lied. If this kid has not been convicted then any punishment talk is dumb.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this kid even gone to court yet? I am really against any punishment until after court. Too many times kids are punished and then charges are thrown out or someone lied. If this kid has not been convicted then any punishment talk is dumb.

The kid was passed out drunk in the drivers seat of a running car. Court or not Saban already said he's not suspending him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too dumb to answer.

If you went to college, you'd understand why a DUI isn't a deterrent. But shine up them blinders and continue making excuses. :L

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid was passed out drunk in the drivers seat of a running car. Court or not Saban already said he's not suspending him.
Yeah I'm still OK with that but any talk before court is premature