• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc should be the tigers main competition. I said that as well last year but also said moustakas and hosmer would belt 30. I still like their chances though. Their rotation was second best in the central last year ERA wise, their pen is solid and they have some good, young hitters. They still do not have a superstar though while the tigers have several. Although I could see Hosmer reaching that point this year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are priceless for comic relief!

17 weeks of toying with my emotions! Schwartz gets fired and is payed 12 million dollars I should be that unlucky!

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find THIS harder to grasp than the futility of the Detroit Lions franchise.....

Many Lions' fans think that all the club needs is a new coaching staff, and then they will be Super Bowl bound!

Come on.....56 years of failure - and how many coaching changes have there been? If you really think a few new coaches are going to solve all the team's problems....you are a very slow learner. (I especially like the idea that new coaches will turn Stafford into a winner. Sorry people - the kid got his money, he's now satisfied to be mediocre)

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the amount of money the tigers were paying fielder, hell yeah I blame him. Thank gawd we got out of that awful contract. He was useless. I would have rather had a turd sandwich batting after miggy in the playoffs those are free. Good riddance, enjoy that mammoth contract rangers fans. He has a couple of good years left then ouch. The tigers shouldve never traded doug fister for turds though, that one made no sense.

Why can't you understand the money issue? The trade of Fister was to free up some salary to sign Nathan.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't you understand the money issue? The trade of Fister was to free up some salary to sign Nathan.

everyone understand that...but getting nothing for fister, even a solid bonified prospect is why the Tigers have one of the weakest minor leagues out of all the MLB teams...Fister should have got them a legit A, AA or even AAA prospect with some good upside or even a very solid MLB middle reliever.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Wings lose to the mighty Islanders, awesome job, if they were still in the west they would be bottom 3.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is still stupid. Getting rid of a very good pitcher in Fister to free up money to sign a relief pitcher?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is still stupid. Getting rid of a very good pitcher in Fister to free up money to sign a relief pitcher?

not when their pen is that horrible, they should put even more money into the pen.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder didn't really have a good year. .279/.362/.457 (120 OPS+). The league average at 1B was .261/.337/.436 with a 116 OPS+. His offensive stats were good, but that good for a 1B. Factor in defense and baserunning and you have yourself an average (at best) player. Fielder had his worst OPS+ since his rookie year (110 in 2006).

His power numbers have also seen a sharp decline over the last few years.

4613_1B_season_mini_6_20130930.png

make up your mind. a day ago. you said there was nothing wrong with his power numbers

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy, how about them Wings?

About to be a cellar dweller

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not when their pen is that horrible, they should put even more money into the pen.

My view of the Fister trade.

Poor timing or there is something more to it than fans know. Iff DD was offered more (by any team), don't you think he would have taken it? The obvious answer is the market for Fister was soft. Why? Who knows? But saying DD was stupid for taking the deal he did, does not wash. The guy has proven he is capable of making very good trades....so why would he purposely make a trade that SEEMS very one-sided? IMO, there was more to it than just clearing salary.

As for trading Fister, so they could sign a closer? Ahhh...Detroit NEEDED a strong closer, more than they needed a good #4 starter???? Seems simple enough to me.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are simple.....

Got to love the maturity level around here. You got one Tiger fan who gets off by reporting people - even makes threads about it. Then we have Mr. Maturity here with one of the lamest comments I have seen in a long, long time. Throw in Mr. Negativity (cleaves), and you have a solid core of Tiger fans to draw from here.

But burf...you go ahead and slap the monkey....you sure got me with that remark. geez:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a guess at what Tanaka will sign for? I know a team will have to post $20mil in posting fees to negotiate with him....and I imagine several teams will be willing to do that. I am wondering what Tanaka will get to sign. Figuring Darvish got $51mil....I'd expect Tanaka could get a lot more....since Texas had to pay a $52mil posting fee then.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor timing or there is something more to it than fans know. Iff DD was offered more (by any team), don't you think he would have taken it? The obvious answer is the market for Fister was soft. Why? Who knows? But saying DD was stupid for taking the deal he did, does not wash. The guy has proven he is capable of making very good trades....so why would he purposely make a trade that SEEMS very one-sided? IMO, there was more to it than just clearing salary.

As for trading Fister, so they could sign a closer? Ahhh...Detroit NEEDED a strong closer, more than they needed a good #4 starter???? Seems simple enough to me.

They didn't need to dump Fister for nothing or for money reasons, how much did they save by dumping Fielder for Kinsler and letting Peralta and Benoit, etc walk...think that would cover Nathans numbers...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dombrowski already stated -- Detroit had 15 pitchers in the minor leagues they had scouted which they wanted as a centerpiece in a package if they dealt Fister. Robbie Ray was one of the 15. The Nationals put together the best package and including Robbie Ray.

I don't know much about the guy -- he struggled in high-A ball in 2012, but in 2013, they made a change in his mechanics and he added a couple MPH to his fastball and averaged over 10 k's per 9 and had a 3.36 ERA in high A and double A with an 11-5 record.

Everything I have read reminds of the same things I read about Max Scherzer, except he is left handed. I am NOT saying he is Max Scherzer or will be good like Max Scherzer, but the scouting report on him reads almost the same. Mid 90's fastball, solid secondary pitches, but has trouble repeating his delivery, which leads to walks.

Detroit was able to correct the delivery issues with Scherzer, so maybe Dombrowski feels Detroit can do the same with Robbie Ray. Who knows? Detroit fans won't know how the trade works until/IF, Robbie Ray makes his way to the MLB.