• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up dougie? UM gave back 50 percent of their chicken wing bowl tix? Nobody wants to go to arizona? How arrogant....shitty bowl, so they dont go out and support the team? Hoke WANTED the wild wings bowl...

Adrien payneeeeee brought the pain....

Payne > mcgoofy

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU needs to figure it out with this freshman nonsense. It looked pretty good today against Georgetown, but I am still waiting for this team to execute instead of "outtalent" the opponent.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....i like the yanks better than the sox...

If the twins youth is for real, they have a bright future....whens mauers contract up? When hes done, the twins will have money to spend on some pitching to go with the talent the minors have...i think they are just signing pitchers now to tread water....looking towards 2015-2016 to really contend.

Buxton is gonna be a star and if Sano stays healthy he's gonna be a masher, the Twins do have some good players in the system and your 2015-2016 statement is right on, that should be the time.

I lived in NYC for a while so I don't hate the Yankees unless they are playing the Twins not to mention some of my all time favorites played for the Yanks, Mantle, Bambino, Gehrig...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU needs to figure it out with this freshman nonsense. It looked pretty good today against Georgetown, but I am still waiting for this team to execute instead of "outtalent" the opponent.

You fuckers stole cliff alexander from us tho.....watched him play the other night. Had like 33 pts and 20 rbds.....seen him and ulis play quite a bit.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad the Tigers didn't get Choo, looks to be a bad off season for the Tigers unless they pull off at least 2 to 3 legit bullpen guys now. Looks like their offense is set.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

please.. the guy deserves to be in.

I new thinking is WIN don't mean nuttin.... this guy won. and he won in the big games in the biggest stage.
so what he didn't win 300 games. there are lesser pitching in the HOF.

the guy was tough..esp in the world series..where it counts. just ask da bums. he has watched every other team besides his royals win it

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't want Choo. glad tigers didn't over pay for him.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got some buffalo wild wings today. sooo good.
Michigan travels to see there team cleves. more so than sparty.
how many tickets have they sold for the rose bowl?????

you see 2017 Michigan will play Florida in the opener?? I think it will be in Texas stadium.
notice sparty doesn't get those kind of invites?????

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are a team-dependent stat. Assigning wins to individual players is absurd. Especially to a pitcher who had a 3.90 ERA (105 ERA+) in the era he pitched in. He was a good pitcher. Nothing more. He has to be the most overrated player of all-time (maybe Rose?).

Tigers fans should be campaigning for guys that actually deserve to be in. Like Trammell or Whitaker. It's a joke neither of those two are in.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please.. the guy deserves to be in.

I new thinking is WIN don't mean nuttin.... this guy won. and he won in the big games in the biggest stage.
so what he didn't win 300 games. there are lesser pitching in the HOF.

the guy was tough..esp in the world series..where it counts. just ask da bums. he has watched every other team besides his royals win it

too funny for a fan of a team that hasn't won a World Series even LONGER, lol...

But I do agree about Jack Morris to the HOF, who pitched in an ERA when steriods were ramped in football already and can be pretty sure a few baseball players learned a bit from them.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some detroit fans blame fielder for the lions woes too......the guy was one of nine players to have 25 HR and 100 RBI last year....guy played everyday....took walks.....protected miggy.....but since he sucked in the 10 or so games in oct, hes a bum.....

Funny how tiger fans expected him to hit 50 HR's playing in comerica where the gaps are deep....then last year he hit 300 for the first time in his career, so since this year he didnt, he sucks....i get the trade was for financial problems, but there was plenty of blame for the tigers losing to boston, not just fielder.

If texas makes the playoffs and detroit is out...ill be rooting for fielder to carry texas to the WS to shut some fielder haters up....the guy was in the line up everyday....i respect that..

I'm skipping the coming season.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler could have got 100 rbis and that many walks behind Miggy and he isn't the only one...Fielder choked as bad as Verlander has in post seasons, so yes, Fielder sucked when it counted, many times. There are plenty of players who could hit in the 4 hole behind Miggy that would have good seasons and at a MUCH lesser price tag.

Fielder is one of the more overrated players in the game right now along with Josh Hamilton.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Morris should be in simply because of game 7 of the 1991 World Series.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is one of the more overrated players in the game right now along with Josh Hamilton.
Wow, I don't know about that. Hamilton is "overrated" mostly because he is in decline due to his age. Fielder provides a rare combination of power and average rarely seen. Despite his weight, he always hustles. He had a trying time this past year in his personal life and let it affect his game and his attitude. That more than his performance earned him a ticket out of town. I think if Beltre stays healthy and guys get on in front of him he should be in race for MVP this year. I don't understand the reasoning behind hitting him in front of Beltre but it should benefit him.

Anybody that has seen Morris pitch often knows he belongs in the Hall. His ERA is a little deceptive because of some bad seasons late in his career. His was a gamer whose biggest fault was his poor performances when nothing was on the line.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I don't know about that. Hamilton is "overrated" mostly because he is in decline due to his age. Fielder provides a rare combination of power and average rarely seen. Despite his weight, he always hustles. He had a trying time this past year in his personal life and let it affect his game and his attitude. That more than his performance earned him a ticket out of town. I think if Beltre stays healthy and guys get on in front of him he should be in race for MVP this year. I don't understand the reasoning behind hitting him in front of Beltre but it should benefit him.

Anybody that has seen Morris pitch often knows he belongs in the Hall. His ERA is a little deceptive because of some bad seasons late in his career. His was a gamer whose biggest fault was his poor performances when nothing was on the line.

Even if you take out his last 3 years where he combined for a 5.07 ERA, he'd have a career 3.71 ERA (109 ERA+), 1.27 WHIP, and 1.82 K/BB in less than 3300 innings, which certainly isn't HOF worthy a guy who pitched virtually his entire career in a pitcher-friendly era.

We're talking about a guy who finished top 10 in the AL in ERA just 5x and never finished better than 5th, and also top 10 in WHIP just 5x.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fielder will be in Japan by 34 or 35 yrs old, he will "age" faster than most.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on a huge failure of a season by the Detroit Lions!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second congratulations!!!

You ok Dougy?