• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Tigers to hire Ausmus as manager. First reported @AdamSpolane.
Retweeted by Joel Goldberg

[ame="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/396842302637088768"]63 Retweets [/ame] [ame="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/396842302637088768"]7 favorites [/ame] [ame="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/396842302637088768"]Collapse[/ame]

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. he never managed yet. what and see .
we shall see

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey wingswin again.
this western road trip is just what the red wings needed.
some easy wins against western hockey teams.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You ignored the beat down that Michigan took

2. The west destroys the east. Look at the records

Doug, wrong again.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brad Ausmus becomes the next target (err-manager) of Tiger fans. I am predicting that some Tiger fan will create a post calling for Ausmus' firing before the month of April is over.
:lol:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Ausmus keeps Gene Lamont as bench coach. Totally ignores the ''knowledgeable'' Tigers fans. :)

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Ausmus keeps Gene Lamont as bench coach. Totally ignores the ''knowledgeable'' Tigers fans. :)

Should of hired Vice, Cleaves & Dougie :laugh3:

xJokerz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
royals are destined for the middle of the pac in the Central

i wouldn't jump on that job

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
royals are destined for the middle of the pac in the Central

i wouldn't jump on that job

There is talent, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. Elite defense, and pen. Duffy and Ventura are easily upgrades over Davis' -2.1 WAR and Mendoza/Chen. Offense has plenty of upside as well with guys like Perez, Hosmer, and Gordon buoying the lineup.

xJokerz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talent, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. Elite defense, and pen. Duffy and Ventura are easily upgrades over Davis' -2.1 WAR and Mendoza/Chen. Offense has plenty of upside as well with guys like Perez, Hosmer, and Gordon buoying the lineup.

you still need to sign Santana, shields has one year left on his contract... Trade pending? also the Royals have been rumored to trade Billy Butler.

as for Duffy...didnt he just come back from TJ ?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still need to sign Santana, shields has one year left on his contract... Trade pending? also the Royals have been rumored to trade Billy Butler.

as for Duffy...didnt he just come back from TJ ?

Who says we need to sign Santana exactly? It would be nice if it could be done on KC's terms, but that seems a bit rosy and if it did happen, it probably is because the other teams don't want to blow a pick to sign him.

The Royals' Starting Rotation was pretty pedestrian outside of Santana and Shields this season, if not below average. However, the rotation probably gets a slight upgrade by doing NOTHING because the backend can be backed up in house by even below average pitching, basically if it isn't horrible, it is an upgrade- see Chen replacing Mendoza late in the season. Please note that Davis and Mendoza would pretty much be an auto loss for most of the season (thus the -2.1 Wins above replacement for Wade Davis) and Chen is a gimmick pitcher. However, to your point, a #2 starter is needed, and they should pursue that in FA or possibly a trade to acquire a Brett Anderson type.

And yes, Duffy is coming off of TJ, but I am just expecting a "competent" #4 production from Duffy. There are other options such as Paulino and Zimmer if need be.

KC really just needs a competent rotation and consistent offense ( looking at you, Moustakas) in order to compete for a playoff spot, and by extension the division.

Rotation to start the season

Shields
X acquisition
Guthrie
Duffy
Paulino

Once super 2 status is avoided for Ventura

Shields
X acquisition
Guthrie
Duffy
Ventura

If they did nothing:

Shields
Guthrie
Ventura
Duffy
Paulino

Any of these would be comparable from a production standpoint to the 2012 rotation imo. Not very hard when you have guys with -2.1 War on the rotation who are really RP.

Now, if Moore decided to troll me and signed Chen for budgetary reasons

Shields
Chen
Guthrie
Duffy
Paulino

Once Super 2 status avoided for Ventura

Shields
Ventura
Guthrie
Duffy
Paulino

xJokerz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says we need to sign Santana exactly? It would be nice if it could be done on KC's terms, but that seems a bit rosy and if it did happen, it probably is because the other teams don't want to blow a pick to sign him.

The Royals' Starting Rotation was pretty pedestrian outside of Santana and Shields this season, if not below average. However, the rotation probably gets a slight upgrade by doing NOTHING because the backend can be backed up in house by even below average pitching, basically if it isn't horrible, it is an upgrade- see Chen replacing Mendoza late in the season. Please note that Davis and Mendoza would pretty much be an auto loss for most of the season (thus the -2.1 Wins above replacement for Wade Davis) and Chen is a gimmick pitcher. However, to your point, a #2 starter is needed, and they should pursue that in FA or possibly a trade to acquire a Brett Anderson type.

And yes, Duffy is coming off of TJ, but I am just expecting a "competent" #4 production from Duffy. There are other options such as Paulino and Zimmer if need be.

KC really just needs a competent rotation and consistent offense ( looking at you, Moustakas) in order to compete for a playoff spot, and by extension the division.

Rotation to start the season

Shields
X acquisition
Guthrie
Duffy
Paulino

Once super 2 status is avoided for Ventura

Shields
X acquisition
Guthrie
Duffy
Ventura

If they did nothing:

Shields
Guthrie
Ventura
Duffy
Paulino

Any of these would be comparable from a production standpoint to the 2012 rotation imo. Not very hard when you have guys with -2.1 War on the rotation who are really RP.

Now, if Moore decided to troll me and signed Chen for budgetary reasons

Shields
Chen
Guthrie
Duffy
Paulino

Once Super 2 status avoided for Ventura

Shields
Ventura
Guthrie
Duffy
Paulino

are just not very good and would be bottom of the rotation guys on most teams.
as for brett anderson? ..talk about a guy whos had ALOT of elbow problems...:L:clap:

your offense comes from alot of question marks( Besides for alex gordon ), and with a not very deep staff i dont see how you can compete with the Tigers / Indians.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are just not very good and would be bottom of the rotation guys on most teams.
as for brett anderson? ..talk about a guy whos had ALOT of elbow problems...:L:clap:

your offense comes from alot of question marks( Besides for alex gordon ), and with a not very deep staff i dont see how you can compete with the Tigers / Indians.

I would say it is a good gamble, as was Santana in 2012, why not if it can be done for something reasonable.

The point was that the rotation didn't have to be elite, they just needed to be average to a bit above average. and of course they are bottom of the rotation guys until proven otherwise right now, Ventura and Duffy have plenty of ability and have ceilings of #2 or #3 starters. Paulino can be a serviceable #5 and I would take him over most #5 starters that litter MLB these days.

Guthrie is admittedly, mediocre at best, the park and defense can only help him so much.

The Royals are a fairly young team for the most part, it isn't unreasonable to suggest they could improve the Rotation with Ventura, Paulino, and Duffy. Nor is it outlandish to say the offense could as well.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez Vike fans, you know it is brutal when Romo looks clutch against your defense.

As big of a mess the vikes are, it's nice to see other Minnesota teams turn it around.

Wolves have just their second 3-0 start in history. This is a legit playoff team that is dangerous if it defends.

Wild building off last years playoff appearance

Gopher football with 7! Wins already!! 3 in conference! That's the real shock.