• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A letter to Josh Heupel.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Josh,

We appreciate you winning us our 7th national championship and all but it is time for you to give it up, when you have running backs like we do, there is absolutely no reason to run qb draws and bell dozer packages. Where is Roy Finch? he is one of the most dynamic backs in all of cfb?? Where is Kendall Thompson? At least give the kid a shot, he couldn't do any worse than Bell. Play calling is atrocious, why would you call 3 pass plays in a row and get our defense back on the field?? I came in to work today to find my background on my computer changed to a Baylor logo, and now I have to change my sportshoopla.com avy to a baylor pic for the rest of the cfb season, I also lost a bet that I went to Buffalo Wild wings and had to spot a $60 tab. Thanks Josh, I will be sending you a bill for my embarrassment and humility.

Sincerely,

t7NC

Last edited by a moderator:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$60 BWW tab!! whoever ate that is the real loser...

(Image deleted)

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting in Thompson wouldn't have done much. Face it, the offense sputtered with Knight to start the season, it hasn't improved with Bell through the course of the season. Right now I don't the QB is the sole problem, it's obvious the problem is with the entire offense and the play calling.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck dude that avatar blows. Who was the bet with?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line is absolutely terrible. They cant pass block and they cant run block. The only way they can create any kind of running lanes is out of that double tight end/jumbo package that we never see. Ikard misses blocks all the time and gets left in the dust constantly and a lot of times he's just blocking air. The rest of the line isn't much better.

Putting Knight in for 1-2 plays is retarded. Bring in the guy and let him have at least a full series. He has no rhythm doing that.

Why are we running Blake Bell??? It's obvious to everyone that it only works maybe 1 out of 5 times...

I think we have pretty good talent on the Offensive side of the ball. Not great, but nothing a little coaching and play calling cant fix. Unfortunately our Offensive coaches are retards.

I don't know what to tell everyone except just write this season off, hope Bob makes some changes in the off season, because it's not like him to do anything with a sense of urgency.

How does everyone feel about going into the season knowing there's no way in hell we are playing for a National Championship, and wont even be in the conversation??? And how do you feel about wondering if we even have what it takes to win the Conference any more??? To me, It Blows Chunks. How about you?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on with the putting a new QB in for a few plays. That reeks of amateurism. Heupel is stupid as hell.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if Oklahoma isn't going to have a National Championship program, then John Blake may as well be our coach.

Think about it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford's gameplan as far as I could tell: run, run, pass, run, run, pa pass, run, run, run, run
Oklahoma's gameplan as far as I could tell: reverse, bubble screen, pass, run, pass, pass, run, pass, pass

No idea how OU can't score on Baylor with 4 downs in a goal line scenario

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this.

Bob stoops formula for winning the BIG XII and making a BCS bowl game works. You can't deny that. Nobody had won more conference titles in the BCS era and nobody has made more BCS bowl games.

However something needs to change. Being 1-3 in national title games is not acceptable. This will be year 5 since we played or competed for a national title. That shows his recruiting and coaching is slipping and his window is closing.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this.

Bob stoops formula for winning the BIG XII and making a BCS bowl game works. You can't deny that. Nobody had won more conference titles in the BCS era and nobody has made more BCS bowl games.

However something needs to change. Being 1-3 in national title games is not acceptable. This will be year 5 since we played or competed for a national title. That shows his recruiting and coaching is slipping and his window is closing.

That's because Bob quit coaching years ago, and left it up to his assistants. Too bad those assistant coaches sucked. Even if Bob is now dedicated to winning, it's too late to make any repair that is going to get us to where we belong, for years to come. And having a formula for winning your conference is all fine and good, but our conference sucks. There isn't 1 good team in it. Sure Baylor is undefeated, but I saw nothing last night that makes them anything extra special, nothing a good team couldn't handle.

When Barry Switzer went 7-4, 8-4, 8-4 in 1981, 1982, and 1983, he was politely told to get better or he'd be fired. Look what happened. He got better and won another NC.

I have a feeling that Bob isn't being told anything of the sort, and that's too bad, because anybody paying attention has seen this coming for years.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you get the comforting for your poor betting decisions that you were looking for?

Do you feel better now? Posting in a thread on a board you have no business being in...which to me looks like a blatant disregard of the "no trolling team boards" rule. Kindly find your way out of this thread. I won't ask you again.

Board Moderator.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Bob quit coaching years ago, and left it up to his assistants. Too bad those assistant coaches sucked. Even if Bob is now dedicated to winning, it's too late to make any repair that is going to get us to where we belong, for years to come. And having a formula for winning your conference is all fine and good, but our conference sucks. There isn't 1 good team in it. Sure Baylor is undefeated, but I saw nothing last night that makes them anything extra special, nothing a good team couldn't handle.

When Barry Switzer went 7-4, 8-4, 8-4 in 1981, 1982, and 1983, he was politely told to get better or he'd be fired. Look what happened. He got better and won another NC.

I have a feeling that Bob isn't being told anything of the sort, and that's too bad, because anybody paying attention has seen this coming for years.

Problem is, Bob is still pulling out a bunch of 10 win seasons, Barry was pulling out 7-8 win seasons.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel better now? Posting in a thread on a board you have no business being in...which to me looks like a blatant disregard of the "no trolling team boards" rule. Kindly find your way out of this thread. I won't ask you again.

Board Moderator.

where is the rule i cant post here? you want to piss on your thread go ahead. but nothng i posted here is trolling.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting in Thompson wouldn't have done much. Face it, the offense sputtered with Knight to start the season, it hasn't improved with Bell through the course of the season. Right now I don't the QB is the sole problem, it's obvious the problem is with the entire offense and the play calling.

well, to be fair to Knoght, if yer gonna put the kid in, leave him in and see what he can do. You can't get any type of rhythm being in for a play or two and then getting yanked. And call a play he might be able to do something with instead of having him run a play out of an empty backfield. Talk about tipping yer hand...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, to be fair to Knoght, if yer gonna put the kid in, leave him in and see what he can do. You can't get any type of rhythm being in for a play or two and then getting yanked. And call a play he might be able to do something with instead of having him run a play out of an empty backfield. Talk about tipping yer hand...

Exactly. It's obvious Heupel lacks a fundamental understanding of how to effectively run an offense.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Pudge,

I know that feel man.

I mean, when dad hands you the wrenches and says fix that shit...you don't wanna puss out. You wanna sack up and fix that shit just like the ol' man would. But you know that sinking feeling you get when you know you either don't possess the mechanical aptitude to get 'er done or you've cross-threaded one of the main bolts? Yeah...you're there dude.

How can you sit there and continue to drive this ship into the fucking iceberg, whistling away like STEAMBOAT MICKEY? Do you not feel the grinding metal of the hull? Do you not realize what the end result is?

Let me lay it out for you. Not only are you fucking with the talent in place...using the goddamned best running back on the field like he's a fucking starting pitcher in the World Series???...but you are also fucking WITH OUR FUTURE. You know how many recruits are in play here? You are painfully aware of our lack of starry arrivals, I'm sure.

C'mon...it's time. Tell the ol' man. You aren't ready for this. Not yet. Not now. Maybe in a few years after studying under the tutelage of some wise, salty old fuck who has called more plays than you've taken pisses in your lifetime.

If you love the University of Oklahoma, you'll do the right thing...I'm sure of it.

Sincerely,
Armchair A.D.