• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think u guys get it. Im just saying Im done with Gabbert. Im ready to move on and give some one else a shot. Gabbert is not good. I rather have a QB that can throw past 5 yards.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Kelly below. I don't think he is considering a change yet. I don't think playing musical chairs at QB is going to help anything. I don't mind seeing Gabbert playing a few more games. If we continue to lose and the offense is really bad, than I am okay with trying something else cause we really have nothing to lose this season. We know we don't have the QB of the future on this roster and we aren't making it to the post season anyway.

49ers coach Chip Kelly said Monday that he is not yet considering a quarterback change.
He probably will eventually, but not quite yet. The 49ers are second to last in the NFL in both yards per play (4.4) and yards per pass attempt (5.8), ahead of only the Rams in those categories. That includes a 75-yard touchdown to Vance McDonald. "He's our starter. I've got a lot of confidence in Blaine," said Kelly. "We're not thinking or talking about not having Blaine in there. It's about everybody on offense playing better right now." Kelly's mind may change following a Week 3 trip to Seattle's CenturyLink Field. Sep 19 - 4:14 PM

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, one of which we won. Again with the career argument, you have already admitted that the teams they played for were drastically different so that is a weak argument. We have done this dance so many times i am not going go through again why kap has regressed and why he was so unstoppable when he took the league by storm.
There is no Dance. Its 100% a Fact Kap has had a bette Career. There is no argument. Now I agree lets talk about now and Im ready to move on. Gabbert sucks. Its that simple.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Kelly below. I don't think he is considering a change yet. I don't think playing musical chairs at QB is going to help anything. I don't mind seeing Gabbert playing a few more games. If we continue to lose and the offense is really bad, than I am okay with trying something else cause we really have nothing to lose this season. We know we don't have the QB of the future on this roster and we aren't making it to the post season anyway.

49ers coach Chip Kelly said Monday that he is not yet considering a quarterback change.
He probably will eventually, but not quite yet. The 49ers are second to last in the NFL in both yards per play (4.4) and yards per pass attempt (5.8), ahead of only the Rams in those categories. That includes a 75-yard touchdown to Vance McDonald. "He's our starter. I've got a lot of confidence in Blaine," said Kelly. "We're not thinking or talking about not having Blaine in there. It's about everybody on offense playing better right now." Kelly's mind may change following a Week 3 trip to Seattle's CenturyLink Field. Sep 19 - 4:14 PM
I take his comments like this…. Kap isn't ready and when he is we might see a change. I really do think he wants Kap as the starter. He knows Gabbert isn't good but serviceable. As a fan Im ready to move on to the next QB. If that is Kap ok, if its Ponder fine, if its another QB we might trade for fine. Give Gabbert another game or 2 fine but if we don't see improvement move on. Gabbert is who he is.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no Dance. Its 100% a Fact Kap has had a bette Career. There is no argument. Now I agree lets talk about now and Im ready to move on. Gabbert sucks. Its that simple.

Kap had a better career because he was on a stacked team. The one year when he had an below average team, the same teams gabbert played with his entire career how did he fare?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better career does not imply a better CURRENT quarterback. Johnny Unitas, for example.

In Kaep's case, he showed a lot of promise at first and he gradually became less and less effective. His numbers have clearly regressed.

2012: 98.3 passer rating, 8.32 yards per attempt
2013: 91.6 passer rating, 7.69 yards per attempt
2014: 86.4 passer rating, 7.05 yards per attempt
2015: 78.5 passer rating, 6.62 yards per attempt

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had a better career because he was on a stacked team. The one year when he had an below average team, the same teams gabbert played with his entire career how did he fare?
I dont agree with that. I know for a fact Gabbert couldnt do what Kap did for us. Everyone in the football world knows that.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people say the word "facts" without knowing what it means apparently.

The actual facts are in favor of Gabbert, not Kaepernick.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with that. I know for a fact Gabbert couldnt do what Kap did for us. Everyone in the football world knows that.

Liking losing major games in heart breaking fashion. No, i think Gabbert could of done that too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok yes your response is silly. I rather see Kap or Ponder over Gabbert. Gabbert is just bad.
Thank goodness you are not running things in Santa Clara.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where u are screwing up. It has nothing to do with Kap. I have posted this multiple times. Im saying Im ready for the next guy(Kap, Ponder or whoever is next in line). Gabbert had his shot and looks like crap. Lets see what we have in the other guys with this team. Hey maybe at the end Gabbert was the better QB but right now he is the only one who has played with this 1st team and he has looked really bad. I cant watch a QB who cant throw the ball more then 5 yards and still gets intercepted.

We all agree this season is some what pointless. We want to see improvement from others not from the Qb position.

Im not arguing with you guys I just disagree and using common football knowledge to come up with my opinion. If I am wrong about my opinion who cares because we arent suppose to do anything this year any ways but if Im right we can shock the NFL and have a chance at playoffs or at least fight for a spot. With Gabbert we have no shot. With the other 2 who knows(they are unknown to this team and what their production would be.)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking losing major games in heart breaking fashion. No, i think Gabbert could of done that too.
U just summed it up and it shows how clueless u are. U are a Kap hater and u just showed your true colors. I cant continue this discussion with you. This has nothing to do with Kap. its about the next man in. Gabbert isnt the answer. Lets try some one else. Im not saying pull him this week but we need to really start discussing when. I think time is close. Blow out lost to seattle this week he is done.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people say the word "facts" without knowing what it means apparently.

The actual facts are in favor of Gabbert, not Kaepernick.
No its not. are u that dumb. look at career numbers. Kap has been the better QB. He also has accomplish more in his career then Gabbert. Look im not getting into with u on this subject. U have no argument. Right now Im talking about the next guy in because Gabbert is not the answer for this offense. If that is Kap fine if its Ponder fine, if its a trade fine. As a fan i cant watch him anymore. Im not going to get into a dumb argument about who is better QB. IT IS 100% a fact Kap has been. No argument. Please lets move on back to if Gabbert should stay starter or should the 49ers move on and not who has had a better Career.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy's probably not more than 14 or 15 years old and idolizes kaepernick. Probably should go easy on him.

I am telling you...this guy has a mental disorder, and I am dead serious. Proof? I see here he is, talking about 'Kap has had the better career' when I have done everything except for posting pie charts and flow graphs to show how completely irrelevant it is in 2016...yet it still hasn't sunk in. He couldn't grasp the example of Peyton Manning in 2015 was absolutely nothing compared to 2012 Peyton Manning. His responses?

'You're saying you'd rather have Gabbert than Manning?'

'Manning won the Super Bowl in 2015.'

There simply was no logical outcome on his end, and the only conclusion was that he cannot mentally function properly. Ask him....he really believes in his mind that he's countered the argument at hand.

He refuses to use last year as a comparison between Gabbert and Kaepernick because.....we had such terrible coaching and oline and this and that, but he has no problem in comparing 'careers' given that the Jaguars were what the Niners are now, and Kaepernick was given the keys to a SB team. Anybody in their right mind knows the best way to compare the two would be what they did last year, given you know....they were on the same franchise? Is it exactly apples to apples? Of course not...but it most certainly is more valid than his laughably poor comparison.

Here in this thread, he states "I gave this game a pass because everything was against us"....yet in seemingly every post you find something along the lines of 'Gabbert is so bad/bench him for Kaep/I can't watch Gabbert.' Funny.....I could've sworn that Gabbert WAS part of the game that should get a pass....but....oh everybody who is sound of mind knows the conundrum.

I'm pretty much done interracting with him - god only knows the conclusion he'll arrive at with that one, but it would be something where I would just reach out and pat him on his head...there there...that's a good purguy.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. kaepernick is clearly not the answer but I'm not sure Gabbert is either.

Believe me...Gabbert isn't the answer. Neither are the answers.....that's why it is absolutely best that Kaepernick never see the field because if he gets seriously hurt, and we are on the hook for him next year....what does that accomplish? I WANT Gabbert or Ponder to finish the year, and be done with it. I am positive that Kaepernick wiill see action, which is utterly pointless.

Next year, get someone like Luke Falk, and start again.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U just summed it up and it shows how clueless u are. U are a Kap hater and u just showed your true colors. I cant continue this discussion with you. This has nothing to do with Kap. its about the next man in. Gabbert isnt the answer. Lets try some one else. Im not saying pull him this week but we need to really start discussing when. I think time is close. Blow out lost to seattle this week he is done.

Somewhere out there, there is a tree tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where u are screwing up. It has nothing to do with Kap. I have posted this multiple times. Im saying Im ready for the next guy(Kap, Ponder or whoever is next in line). Gabbert had his shot and looks like crap. Lets see what we have in the other guys with this team. Hey maybe at the end Gabbert was the better QB but right now he is the only one who has played with this 1st team and he has looked really bad. I cant watch a QB who cant throw the ball more then 5 yards and still gets intercepted.

We all agree this season is some what pointless. We want to see improvement from others not from the Qb position.

Im not arguing with you guys I just disagree and using common football knowledge to come up with my opinion. If I am wrong about my opinion who cares because we arent suppose to do anything this year any ways but if Im right we can shock the NFL and have a chance at playoffs or at least fight for a spot. With Gabbert we have no shot. With the other 2 who knows(they are unknown to this team and what their production would be.)
We've seen what kaepernick can do already and it is a downright embarrassment. They know they cannot put him in there and have any hope of a consistent offense. Kelly wants to keep his job; he's not going to put a clown out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.