• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he kept them in the game until his two picks in the last few minutes killed them. As I said, Gabbert will do just enough to get ya beat. That's his M.O.

My hope is that he can manage the game if the defense can keep the score close. We need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Seattle's anemic offense does against the 49ers. If they dominate then we know we are in trouble. Everything was stacked against the 49ers going out to Carolina so I'm willing to give them a pass on that one.

Seattle just got fined for violating the offseason OTA rules a second time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't think the coverage was bad by the CB's, but there seemed to be at least two missed assignments by Safeties? Think both were by Bethea.

The pass rush wasn't there but then again, looked like they were containing Newton first? This is one of those pick your poison deals? O'Neil then tried to mix LB's into the ursh (not as much as last week), but Carolina picked them up

The coverage by the CBs was not too bad. The CBs were just beat by bigger WRs like Benjamin. Not sure if there was a way to get safety help on Benajmin. They might have stopped Cam from running but they needed to get more pressure on him. Can't let him sit in the pocket with no pressure and just let him pick you apart.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Kaepernick is even less accurate. The Niners don't have much choice but to stick with Gabbert.
Yes but Kap is better passer from 10 yards out then Gabbert. His problem is the short passes.

Kelly said he isn't changing QBs yet but he drop a hint saying he doesn't think Kap is ready from being injured and is still getting into football shape. I think Kelly is waiting for the right moment to put Kap in. Everyone in the world knows Kap is a better QB but maybe he isn't ready yet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't think the coverage was bad by the CB's, but there seemed to be at least two missed assignments by Safeties? Think both were by Bethea.

The pass rush wasn't there but then again, looked like they were containing Newton first? This is one of those pick your poison deals? O'Neil then tried to mix LB's into the ursh (not as much as last week), but Carolina picked them up
Yes both were by Bethea. I think its time for Tartt to be the full time starter and Bethea becomes the 3rd man safety.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Seattle's anemic offense does against the 49ers. If they dominate then we know we are in trouble. Everything was stacked against the 49ers going out to Carolina so I'm willing to give them a pass on that one.
That Oline might be worse then last year. Im really not worried about Seattle, don't get me wrong them being at home helps but overall we are a better team then the Rams and Seattle just lost to them who we smacked around.

I think this will be a game. Both teams coming off a loss.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oline grades

http://www.************.com/news/98...nsive-offers-strong-protection-loss-panthers/

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, Seattle supposedly has O-line issues and injuries, including Wilson and Rawls.

It is now game 3 and Buckner got in a lot of reps to date. Armstead is getting back to near 'normal' reps, and Dorsey just got his feet wet. I will be disappointed if Seattle is successful running the ball. Not saying we should stonewall them, but they shouldn't get a lot of running offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Oline might be worse then last year. Im really not worried about Seattle, don't get me wrong them being at home helps but overall we are a better team then the Rams and Seattle just lost to them who we smacked around.

Not going so far as to say we're a better team, but we're certainly healthier. We should be able to keep their scoring down, but our scoring will be down too. Likely another battle of field goals?

If Wilson can't scramble like he usually does, i'd mix it up like against the Rams. But these rushers have to 'slow down', when they get right up to the QB, not go for the big hit. If they don't slow down, too easy to juke them. Also too easy to get helmet to helmet penalties, or going for the knees.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same as last year. We were actually in this game going into the 4th quarter and had a legit chance to win it. The Defense just couldn't make the 4th quarter stops we needed.

I don't know how anyone can be upset at the way we have played the first 2 weeks. We put up a lot of points on 2 of the best defenses in the league.

The score was 31-10 heading into the fourth quarter, and the biggest reason as to why they got 'back into the game' were back/back turnovers that led to 10 quick points. Then the Panthers simply and methodically marched down the field to get points as they pleased. Never did I truly feel SF was playing on the same level, and you can't expect our defense to get 5 turnovers to get those points (SF also converted points off of a turnover in the first quarter)

I'm not upset by the way they played against Carolina. The did what I figured they would do - and that was get throttled.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. How does a team score 46 points with 5 turnovers? Our defense showed what it really is today; horrendous.

I'll wait to see what they start doing after the Seattle game. Going to the east coast to play the defending NFC Champs in their home opener after dropping their first game, and a few extra days to prepare? Everything was aligned for the outcome we got. I wouldn't be surprised if we allow a ton of yards and points to the Seahawks....they are probably one pissed off team and can't wait to take it out on their next opponent.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll put this here again since some people need some help understanding simple facts.

============================================================

Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

Gabbert completed 63.1% of his passes.
Kaepernick completed 59.0% of his passes.
63.1% > 59.0%

Gabbert had 7.20 yards per attempt.
Kaepernick had 6.62 yards per attempt.
7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

Gabbert had 254 yards per game.
Kaepernick had 179 yards per game.
254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

=======================================================

If you want the quarterback who is more accurate, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who moves the chains, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who leads the offense to points, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.

It's not possible for anyone to objectively favor Kaepernick over Gabbert. The facts are clear. You know, using numbers and stuff.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Kap is better passer from 10 yards out then Gabbert. His problem is the short passes.

Kelly said he isn't changing QBs yet but he drop a hint saying he doesn't think Kap is ready from being injured and is still getting into football shape. I think Kelly is waiting for the right moment to put Kap in. Everyone in the world knows Kap is a better QB but maybe he isn't ready yet.
I disagree. Kaepernick is awful at any range. His footwork is atrocious, he can't stop staring down his first read and he panics in the pocket. He is completely unusable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Seattle is the better team. They'll win 23 to 14

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to see what they start doing after the Seattle game. Going to the east coast to play the defending NFC Champs in their home opener after dropping their first game, and a few extra days to prepare? Everything was aligned for the outcome we got. I wouldn't be surprised if we allow a ton of yards and points to the Seahawks....they are probably one pissed off team and can't wait to take it out on their next opponent.
Yep. Everything was stacked against the Niners on Sunday. Seattle will still handle them though. Gabbert does just enough to get you beat.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll put this here again since some people need some help understanding simple facts.

============================================================

Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

Gabbert completed 63.1% of his passes.
Kaepernick completed 59.0% of his passes.
63.1% > 59.0%

Gabbert had 7.20 yards per attempt.
Kaepernick had 6.62 yards per attempt.
7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

Gabbert had 254 yards per game.
Kaepernick had 179 yards per game.
254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

=======================================================

If you want the quarterback who is more accurate, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who moves the chains, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who leads the offense to points, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.

It's not possible for anyone to objectively favor Kaepernick over Gabbert. The facts are clear. You know, using numbers and stuff.
Agreed. kaepernick is clearly not the answer but I'm not sure Gabbert is either.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is the better team. They'll win 23 to 14
I agree seattle is the better team but as we saw they are a dominate team anymore and anything can happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Kaepernick is awful at any range. His footwork is atrocious, he can't stop staring down his first read and he panics in the pocket. He is completely unusable.
Gabbert is the same but Kap is proven and is the better QB. That is a fact. just look at their careers. Kap has accomplish a lot more. He just might not be ready right now. I mean Kap looked better in preseason just imagine when he is ready to play.

Both QBs will throw Ints. My main concern with Kap is taking sacks. Gabbert is actually good at avoiding the sack. Im even ready to play ponder over Gabbert.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The score was 31-10 heading into the fourth quarter, and the biggest reason as to why they got 'back into the game' were back/back turnovers that led to 10 quick points. Then the Panthers simply and methodically marched down the field to get points as they pleased. Never did I truly feel SF was playing on the same level, and you can't expect our defense to get 5 turnovers to get those points (SF also converted points off of a turnover in the first quarter)

I'm not upset by the way they played against Carolina. The did what I figured they would do - and that was get throttled.
yes but Carolina got 14pts on bull crap. Hyde fumble was clear it wasn't a fumble. Then Carolina got a catch that wasn't a catch. So Carolina got lucky on some things. Not saying we should of won because Carolina is the way better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.