• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kaepernick look better than Gabbert in preseason? Let's take a look at the numbers.

Gabbert's accuracy: 54.5%
Kaepernick's accuracy: 54.2%
54.5% > 54.2%

Gabbert's yards per attempt: 6.64
Kaepernick's yard per attempt: 4.88
6.64 > 4.88

Gabbert's passer rating: 90.3
Kaepernick's passer rating: 67.5
90.3 > 67.5

Not that I put much stock into how players do in preseason, but even here the numbers clearly show that Gabbert was the better preseason quarterback. These are simple facts.

=========================================================================

The player who has the better career is irrelevant. Carlos Hyde is CURRENTLY a better player than Garrison Hearst despite Hearst having the better career. We want the better player RIGHT NOW, not from several years ago.

Looking over the years since Kaepernick started the season as our quarterback, his numbers have regressed:

2012: 98.3 passer rating, 8.32 yards per attempt
2013: 91.6 passer rating, 7.69 yards per attempt
2014: 86.4 passer rating, 7.05 yards per attempt
2015: 78.5 passer rating, 6.62 yards per attempt

There is a clear trend here that shows Kaepernick becoming less and less effective. Again, these are facts using simple data.

======================================================================

Gabbert was the better preseason quarterback. Gabbert is CURRENTLY the better player, as recent history suggests. While Gabbert is not the answer, he is hands down better than Kaepernick. These are simple and obvious facts. Anyone with a 1st grade education should be able to see the obvious by determining which number is bigger than the other.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is the same but Kap is proven and is the better QB. That is a fact. just look at their careers. Kap has accomplish a lot more. He just might not be ready right now. I mean Kap looked better in preseason just imagine when he is ready to play.

Both QBs will throw Ints. My main concern with Kap is taking sacks. Gabbert is actually good at avoiding the sack. Im even ready to play ponder over Gabbert.

So we are just going to sit here and ignore that Gabbert was a first round pick by the jaguars and played for horrendous teams, while Kap was a second round pick for a team fresh off a nfc championship appearance had 13 pro-bowl selections and a quality coaching staff. Yea, purguy that is a fair comparison.

Also, concern with kap taking sacks, you mean those inopportune things that tend to happen when they force him to read the field and he can't so he panics and throws a hissy fit in the pocket and they kill drives. I mean when his completely errant passes on any god damn level isn't killing drives.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gabbert is the same but Kap is proven and is the better QB. That is a fact. just look at their careers. Kap has accomplish a lot more. He just might not be ready right now. I mean Kap looked better in preseason just imagine when he is ready to play.

Both QBs will throw Ints. My main concern with Kap is taking sacks. Gabbert is actually good at avoiding the sack. Im even ready to play ponder over Gabbert.

Yes, Kaep just doesn't see the field well and hence holds it longer. This leads to more sacks, holding calls, running OB, and throwing it away. Maybe NOW he can do a little more with this good pass protection, but they'll need to call one read routes.

Clearly we're looking at the lesser of the evils, because neither QB is what we need. i'll go with Gabbert in the next game and see what happens? he can see the field, gets rid of the ball, and isn't so bad passing short range. he is also good in running for the 1st down. He is unfortunately inaccurate, but his positives outweigh his negatives.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll put this here again since some people need some help understanding simple facts.

============================================================

Last year, behind the same shitty offensive line, with the same shitty coaching staff, we have data on both quarterbacks. Don't mind me, just going to post some facts.

Gabbert completed 63.1% of his passes.
Kaepernick completed 59.0% of his passes.
63.1% > 59.0%

Gabbert had 7.20 yards per attempt.
Kaepernick had 6.62 yards per attempt.
7.20 > 6.62

Gabbert had a passer rating of 86.2
Kaepernick had a passer rating of 78.5
86.2 > 78.5

Gabbert had 254 yards per game.
Kaepernick had 179 yards per game.
254 > 179

The Gabbert-lead offense scored 16.125 points per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense scored 13.625 points per game.
16.125 > 13.625

The Gabbert-lead offense had an average of 325.25 yards per game.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had an average of 282.25 yards per game.
325.25 > 282.25

The Gabbert-lead offense had a total of 83 first downs in 8 games.
The Kaepernick-lead offense had a total of 71 first downs in 8 games.
83 > 71

=======================================================

If you want the quarterback who is more accurate, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who moves the chains, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who leads the offense to points, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.

It's not possible for anyone to objectively favor Kaepernick over Gabbert. The facts are clear. You know, using numbers and stuff.

If you want the quarterback who has shown team leadership, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who has shown the desire to succeed, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who is not a media whore, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who is not a head case, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.

This list could go on and on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Kaep just doesn't see the field well and hence holds it longer. This leads to more sacks, holding calls, running OB, and throwing it away. Maybe NOW he can do a little more with this good pass protection, but they'll need to call one read routes.

Clearly we're looking at the lesser of the evils, because neither QB is what we need. i'll go with Gabbert in the next game and see what happens? he can see the field, gets rid of the ball, and isn't so bad passing short range. he is also good in running for the 1st down. He is unfortunately inaccurate, but his positives outweigh his negatives.
I agree all 3 QBs are not the future I just can't go through a season watching Gabbert. He really can't throw past 5 yards.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are just going to sit here and ignore that Gabbert was a first round pick by the jaguars and played for horrendous teams, while Kap was a second round pick for a team fresh off a nfc championship appearance had 13 pro-bowl selections and a quality coaching staff. Yea, purguy that is a fair comparison.

Also, concern with kap taking sacks, you mean those inopportune things that tend to happen when they force him to read the field and he can't so he panics and throws a hissy fit in the pocket and they kill drives. I mean when his completely errant passes on any god damn level isn't killing drives.
I understand both QBs were in different situations but u have to be honest no way in hell we make it to the Super bowl and back to back NFC championship games with Gabbert. Also no way in hell Gabbert put up stats in the super bowl like Kap did.

Now yes that was then and this is now but facts are facts and Kap is the better QB. Like Kelly said he just isn't ready or in game shape yet. That makes me believe Kelly wants Kap to start but has to wait until he feels he is ready to play and also has to deal with the front office.

These 2 games showed that Gabbert can't throw the ball but he is comfortable in the pocket and doesn't get sacked. That is a weakness of Kap. Not denying that.

As a 49ers fan i rather see Kap or Ponder play and give them a chance. We saw what Gabbert can do and now lets move on.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"....but facts are facts and Kap is the better QB"

based on WHAT?!!?! Exactly what facts? Every single statistic shows the exact opposite.

People are so enamored with Kaeperick that their opinion has no basis in reality. The numbers speak for themselves. Those are the actual facts.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want the quarterback who has shown team leadership, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who has shown the desire to succeed, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who is not a media whore, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.
If you want the quarterback who is not a head case, you want Gabbert over Kaepernick.

This list could go on and on.

100% agree.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand both QBs were in different situations but u have to be honest no way in hell we make it to the Super bowl and back to back NFC championship games with Gabbert. Also no way in hell Gabbert put up stats in the super bowl like Kap did.

Now yes that was then and this is now but facts are facts and Kap is the better QB. Like Kelly said he just isn't ready or in game shape yet. That makes me believe Kelly wants Kap to start but has to wait until he feels he is ready to play and also has to deal with the front office.

These 2 games showed that Gabbert can't throw the ball but he is comfortable in the pocket and doesn't get sacked. That is a weakness of Kap. Not denying that.

As a 49ers fan i rather see Kap or Ponder play and give them a chance. We saw what Gabbert can do and now lets move on.

purguy, seriously how many times do you need this argument about kap to dissected and just utterly destroyed. Then you be honest and say that we could of had alex smith back there and still have made it to three straight nfc championships. Without kyle william's suffering from two strokes resulting in brain damage on the football field we probably beat the patriots in the 2011 superbowl. Man xpotentialchoas already gave you facts that you have choose to ignore but ok we are just going to ignore those to push this ridiculous narrative of yours. Kap isn't comfortable in the pocket, Throws the ball hard but can't hit a moving target, can't read a defense, throws into coverage far too often (Arizona game anyone). If we are just throwing the season away right now, then yes start kap.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
purguy, seriously how many times do you need this argument about kap to dissected and just utterly destroyed. Then you be honest and say that we could of had alex smith back there and still have made it to three straight nfc championships. Without kyle william's suffering from two strokes resulting in brain damage on the football field we probably beat the patriots in the 2011 superbowl. Man xpotentialchoas already gave you facts that you have choose to ignore but ok we are just going to ignore those to push this ridiculous narrative of yours. Kap isn't comfortable in the pocket, Throws the ball hard but can't hit a moving target, can't read a defense, throws into coverage far too often (Arizona game anyone). If we are just throwing the season away right now, then yes start kap.
Ignore the facts that is on you man. I understand u hate Kap but this isn't about Kap. This is about having better options on the team. Ponder and Kap might be better options we don't know because they haven't played with the 1st team. Gabbert has had 2 games and has looked really bad. I would rather move on and see what the other 2 QBs can do. See I think starting Gabbert is throwing the season away. You can't have a starting QB that can't throw past 5 yards. U just can't have it. Then throw in the Ints not good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"....but facts are facts and Kap is the better QB"

based on WHAT?!!?! Exactly what facts? Every single statistic shows the exact opposite.

People are so enamored with Kaeperick that their opinion has no basis in reality. The numbers speak for themselves. Those are the actual facts.
Its easy look at their Careers. :L

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap haters will be Kap Haters. They won't take down that wall. I am a fan of the next man up. If its either Kap or Ponder. Gabbert isn't the answer for this season.

None of the QBs are the future. We all agree on that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kaepernick look better than Gabbert in preseason? Let's take a look at the numbers.

Gabbert's accuracy: 54.5%
Kaepernick's accuracy: 54.2%
54.5% > 54.2%

Gabbert's yards per attempt: 6.64
Kaepernick's yard per attempt: 4.88
6.64 > 4.88

Gabbert's passer rating: 90.3
Kaepernick's passer rating: 67.5
90.3 > 67.5

Not that I put much stock into how players do in preseason, but even here the numbers clearly show that Gabbert was the better preseason quarterback. These are simple facts.

=========================================================================

The player who has the better career is irrelevant. Carlos Hyde is CURRENTLY a better player than Garrison Hearst despite Hearst having the better career. We want the better player RIGHT NOW, not from several years ago.

Looking over the years since Kaepernick started the season as our quarterback, his numbers have regressed:

2012: 98.3 passer rating, 8.32 yards per attempt
2013: 91.6 passer rating, 7.69 yards per attempt
2014: 86.4 passer rating, 7.05 yards per attempt
2015: 78.5 passer rating, 6.62 yards per attempt

There is a clear trend here that shows Kaepernick becoming less and less effective. Again, these are facts using simple data.

======================================================================

Gabbert was the better preseason quarterback. Gabbert is CURRENTLY the better player, as recent history suggests. While Gabbert is not the answer, he is hands down better than Kaepernick. These are simple and obvious facts. Anyone with a 1st grade education should be able to see the obvious by determining which number is bigger than the other.
you forgot to mention 1 played with the starters and the other played with back ups and Gabbert had 3 games and Kap last preseason game was better then any game Gabbert played. LOL

Also its preseason. I rather take career numbers over preseason numbers. Im done talking to u about this if u think preseason is so important. LOL

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at their careers is useful if you're trying to win 4 years ago.

I want the better quarterback TODAY.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you guys are not getting it. i don't care if it Kap or Ponder. All I know its not Gabbert until we see the others. We know what Gabbert is with THIS team. He sucks. We can't have a QB that can only throw 5 yards.

Did anyone watch the last 2 games. Come on. A lot of either Clueless football fans on here or Kap Haters.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at their careers is useful if you're trying to win 4 years ago.

I want the better quarterback TODAY.
As of right now we don't know that answer. I think its Kap and maybe Ponder, u for some reason think its Gabbert after the 1st 2 games.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forgot to mention 1 played with the starters and the other played with back ups and Gabbert had 3 games and Kap last preseason game was better then any game Gabbert played. LOL

Also its preseason. I rather take career numbers over preseason numbers. Im done talking to u about this if u think preseason is so important. LOL

I didn't bring up preseason. You did.

"I mean Kap looked better in preseason just imagine when he is ready to play."

This statement is factually incorrect and I posted the statistics to prove it. If you think he looked better in preseason despite putting up worse numbers because he played with different competition, that's on you. But the numbers speak for themselves. These are facts.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now we don't know that answer. I think its Kap and maybe Ponder, u for some reason think its Gabbert after the 1st 2 games.

Yes, one of which we won. Again with the career argument, you have already admitted that the teams they played for were drastically different so that is a weak argument. We have done this dance so many times i am not going go through again why kap has regressed and why he was so unstoppable when he took the league by storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.