• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect to win against the defending NFC champs. I like what Chip is doing with what he's got. On to Seattle.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok hopefully the Gabbert experiment is over. Man he is bad. The guy just can't throw the ball and now he is turning the ball over. Lets Hope Kap starts next week give him 2 weeks if he sucks go to ponder.

D let me down today. Was not happy with them. I said before Im not going to judge this team on this game because Carolina had a big advantage going into this game. Some positives were the team never gave up.

I know people will bring up Gabbert numbers but whoever saw the game will know how bad Gabbert was. He can't not start. Im done with him and ready to move on. U can't have a QB that can't throw past 10 yards. Its so easy to defend.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect to win against the defending NFC champs. I like what Chip is doing with what he's got. On to Seattle.
I agree with this statement. Chip is doing good. I hope we continue to get Vance involved. I also hope he moves on from Gabbert. Next man in.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, the team is taking the same pattern as last year. Start with a home opener, Monday night rolling, then get ripped apart the following week on the road. Now, you almost hope the Seahawks win big today because if they lose, they're gonna take it out on SF in a weeks time.

Biggest problem today was the defense. Gave up nearly 530 yards to a mistake-prone Panther team. Little to no pressure on Newton allowed him to sit in the pocket and do whatever he wanted. The run defense wasn't much better. When you get taken for 100 yards by Fozzy Whittaker, well...that's all I need to see.

The offense was better than the defense, but not by much. The Niners need the running game almost as much as any team in football to relieve pressure on Gabbert. The running game was non existant, and Gabbert was Gabbert, but he's still the best option we have.

On to Seattle.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same as last year. We were actually in this game going into the 4th quarter and had a legit chance to win it. The Defense just couldn't make the 4th quarter stops we needed.

I don't know how anyone can be upset at the way we have played the first 2 weeks. We put up a lot of points on 2 of the best defenses in the league.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert shows good vision and made good decisions. It is his accuracy today that has killed drives
Yep, he kept them in the game until his two picks in the last few minutes killed them. As I said, Gabbert will do just enough to get ya beat. That's his M.O.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, the team is taking the same pattern as last year. Start with a home opener, Monday night rolling, then get ripped apart the following week on the road. Now, you almost hope the Seahawks win big today because if they lose, they're gonna take it out on SF in a weeks time.

Biggest problem today was the defense. Gave up nearly 530 yards to a mistake-prone Panther team. Little to no pressure on Newton allowed him to sit in the pocket and do whatever he wanted. The run defense wasn't much better. When you get taken for 100 yards by Fozzy Whittaker, well...that's all I need to see.

The offense was better than the defense, but not by much. The Niners need the running game almost as much as any team in football to relieve pressure on Gabbert. The running game was non existant, and Gabbert was Gabbert, but he's still the best option we have.

On to Seattle.
For sure. How does a team score 46 points with 5 turnovers? Our defense showed what it really is today; horrendous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same as last year. We were actually in this game going into the 4th quarter and had a legit chance to win it. The Defense just couldn't make the 4th quarter stops we needed.

I don't know how anyone can be upset at the way we have played the first 2 weeks. We put up a lot of points on 2 of the best defenses in the league.
I agree, I gave this game a pass because everything was against us. Gabbert just showed why we need to move on to the next QB. We have 2 other options.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he kept them in the game until his two picks in the last few minutes killed them. As I said, Gabbert will do just enough to get ya beat. That's his M.O.
He just can't throw. It pisses me off. He struggles from 5 yards out. He even struggles some times with the screen pass. I hope Kelly pulls the trigger soon and goes to another QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not scared of seattle. I think we have a chance against them.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy may be one of the most pathetic posters I've ever had the unfortunate opportunity to come across.

I've never seen a guy whine and cry the way you do for such a sad sack of crap as Krapper is.

If we do move on from Gabbert, who played just as well if not better than Krapper would have, then we can only hope we move on to Ponder.

You'd nitpick everything he did as well whining and crying for Krapper if that move were to occur. And then, God forbid, if that media whore does get in a game and sucks, you'd have every excuse in the book for him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense felt similar to the Pitt game last year. Defense was worse in Pitt game but Pitt and Big Bn was a much better offense. This team has work to do. Gabbert and the offense might be able to manage a game but they can't keep up in a shoot out. Cam was too comfortable in the pocket. No pass rush.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok hopefully the Gabbert experiment is over. Man he is bad. The guy just can't throw the ball and now he is turning the ball over. Lets Hope Kap starts next week give him 2 weeks if he sucks go to ponder.

D let me down today. Was not happy with them. I said before Im not going to judge this team on this game because Carolina had a big advantage going into this game. Some positives were the team never gave up.

I know people will bring up Gabbert numbers but whoever saw the game will know how bad Gabbert was. He can't not start. Im done with him and ready to move on. U can't have a QB that can't throw past 10 yards. Its so easy to defend.

Come on man

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just can't throw. It pisses me off. He struggles from 5 yards out. He even struggles some times with the screen pass. I hope Kelly pulls the trigger soon and goes to another QB.
Unfortunately Kaepernick is even less accurate. The Niners don't have much choice but to stick with Gabbert.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gabbert has accuracy issues. Also, lack of pass rush

We all know this going in to this season....both items.

Next off-season, obtaining a QB with more accuracy will be a tough one to solve.....obviously.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coverage issues in secondary and lack of pass rush. Newton too comfortable back there. Need Lynch back

didn't think the coverage was bad by the CB's, but there seemed to be at least two missed assignments by Safeties? Think both were by Bethea.

The pass rush wasn't there but then again, looked like they were containing Newton first? This is one of those pick your poison deals? O'Neil then tried to mix LB's into the ursh (not as much as last week), but Carolina picked them up

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners are hanging in there. Better than I expected. Its interesting that on the shows this morning the pundits were saying what the 49ers needed to do to keep the score respectable into the 2nd half. They were giving the 49ers no chance of winning.

we were hanging in there due to Carolina turnovers, imagine if they didn't have any? They had some major and key penalties too.

anyway, they did have them and too bad we couldn't take more advantage. too bad we didn't score TD's on all of their errors, vice two field goals.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gabbert shows good vision and made good decisions. It is his accuracy today that has killed drives

agree, like the fact he sets and throws most of the time. even if short passes, this beats Kaep scanning the field and looking lost. the pass protection is much better than last year, MUCH better. That is...until Marcus Martin went in. His 3rd round draft status is the ONLY reason i can see Baalke holding on to him?!

with this improved pass protection, i'd think even Kaep can do a little better than last year?

except for one forced pass and hence an INT, also thought Gabbert made good decisions. Clearly his accuracy can be WAY off at times, and he misses BIG plays. but we all know this so not preaching to choir, at least the offense can score more than last year. the offense can actually sustain some drives and keep our D off the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately Kaepernick is even less accurate. The Niners don't have much choice but to stick with Gabbert.

yeah, i would stick with Gabbert at least one more game. At least the offense can sustain a few more drives, get more 1st downs.

Gabbert will remain the starter unless he starts throwing more INT's.

BTW - i can't see the nuances of the run game, but it DOES seem to be bland as one writer pointed out? It does look like we're banging Hyde's head against a wall?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i would stick with Gabbert at least one more game. At least the offense can sustain a few more drives, get more 1st downs.

Gabbert will remain the starter unless he starts throwing more INT's.

BTW - i can't see the nuances of the run game, but it DOES seem to be bland as one writer pointed out? It does look like we're banging Hyde's head against a wall?
It will be interesting to see how Seattle's anemic offense does against the 49ers. If they dominate then we know we are in trouble. Everything was stacked against the 49ers going out to Carolina so I'm willing to give them a pass on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.