• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He's not good. No disagreement here and I never said he was the future. I simply said that he's better than Kaepernick because he is. The facts prove it.

The best quarterback on our team is Gabbert. Yes, it's that bad. Kaepernick rightfully lost his job to Blaine fucking Gabbert.
Im not saying that you think he is good or the future but to defend him against the other QB's is a joke. We have seen him play this year. He is not a good option. Any option is better then him right now. i dont know what it is but Gabbert forgot how to throw a football. He looks like he has a dead arm. He struggles throwing the ball past 5 yards. Trust me when I say this Both QBs would do better then Gabbert right now.

Kelly needs to make the switch fast before he loses the locker room. Receivers are already getting pissed at Gabbert throws. Yesterday game was one of the worst throwing performances I have seen at the QB position. He was missing guys 5 yards out. When most experts and now players are saying Kap is a better option then Gabbert its time to make the move. Bennett from seattle even said it. He has played against both QBs and knows a lot more then we do and he even said Kap gives them the best chance to win.

Sundays Game was a Joke. Im sorry but Im not talking about this anymore because its 100% a fact now that the switch needs to be made.

Look if all 3 dont do well then ok put gabbert in and finish the year. U have to check all options before throwing the season away. Look at all these rookie QBs doing well. U never know. Kap never played with this team or offense and same with Ponder. No One Knows if they are better options but we wont know until you try it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's cut the worst and most expensive QB on our team (Kaepernick). And bring someone else in.
I agree with this if your not going to play him because the front office is scared if he gets hurt. If this is the case he shouldnt be the #2 QB on the team and yes pick some one else up then and cut him.

I been saying this I dont care who the next option is at QB. Any change would be a good one. As of right now Kap is listed as the #2 so he is the next man up. Gabbert is done.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying that you think he is good or the future but to defend him against the other QB's is a joke. We have seen him play this year. He is not a good option. Any option is better then him right now .

I'm not sure how many times I need to say this but I'll do it again.

I'm not defending him against other QBs. I'm saying that he's better than a certain QB who shouldn't even be considered a QB in this league: Kaepernick. Gabbert is better than Kaepernick and the stats show this. And once again, I don't think highly of Gabbert either. He's not good. And I hope you understand the severity of the situation when the quarterbacks on our roster got beaten decisively...by Blaine fucking Gabbert. That's how bad Kaepernick is. He was beaten out by the quarterback that you keep criticizing, and believe me, I'm no fan of Gabbert.

You know who else we have seen? Kaepernick. He's terrible, he is regressing, and you agree that he needs to be cut. We've seen a whole hell of a lot of him and it hasn't gotten any prettier. I don't have much confidence at all in Gabbert, and I never have, but I'd much rather go with the relatively new pile of shit than the established piece of shit we had starting for several years. We know exactly what we have in Kaepernick, and it's god awful. We know slightly less about Gabbert, but yes, that's awful too. Just not as awful.

In case I haven't been clear, here is what I would like to see in order of my approval.

1) Cut every single QB on this roster and start fresh.

2) Let Gabbert keep starting.

3) Ponder

4) Watch Fat Tony taking a shit after Taco Tuesday.

5) Put Kaepernick in.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this if your not going to play him because the front office is scared if he gets hurt. If this is the case he shouldnt be the #2 QB on the team and yes pick some one else up then and cut him.

I been saying this I dont care who the next option is at QB. Any change would be a good one. As of right now Kap is listed as the #2 so he is the next man up. Gabbert is done.

We're not getting jack shit for him. That ship has sailed. Him and his expensive contract are gone next year and he'll hopefully take Baalke with him for handling this situation as terribly as they have.

You're right. We need to cut Kaepernick and get someone else on the roster. Anyone. Then sure, you can put that guy in for Gabbert.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok back to the 1st part of the question. Why have him as your #2 then.

so in event of injury to #1, he can go in......IN EVENT OF INJURY. As Kelly explained, he doesn't think Kaep is ready for an entire game. anyway, i was responding specifically to the second part, but i went ahead and responded to the first part here.

this is not saying i don't want a change or that Kaep shouldn't play at all, just saying you don't make haphazard decisions with Kaep due to his cap situation.

BTW - who didn't know this team would struggle this season? you seem to be surprised, are you? you seem to be surprised we're not getting good QB play, are you surprised?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and his expensive contract are gone next year and he'll hopefully take Baalke with him for handling this situation as terribly as they have.

Not if they start him in a few weeks, and gets seriously hurt....then we're on the hook for this garbage for yet another year.

Apparently, people are willing to take that risk....to see if this guy in Kelly's offense would be a good fit. Well if he's fully healthy, he's worth what? Maybe an extra win this year? Big effin deal.....this team is 4-12 and looks to be straight up garbage.

Kaepernick shouldn't even be considered an option.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they start him in a few weeks, and gets seriously hurt....then we're on the hook for this garbage for yet another year.

REALLY?! Geez.

I guess it doesn't make much of a difference though, at least to me. We have no reason to play him for multiple reasons now.

1) He's absolutely terrible and it makes no sense to put him in if we're trying to win.

2) It makes even less sense to have him play from a financial perspective.

He's absolutely useless. Just cut him and bite the bullet before this front office ends up putting the team in the exact same situation next year.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY?! Geez.

I guess it doesn't make much of a difference though, at least to me. We have no reason to play him for multiple reasons now.

1) He's absolutely terrible and it makes no sense to put him in if we're trying to win.

2) It makes even less sense to have him play from a financial perspective.

He's absolutely useless. Just cut him and bite the bullet before this front office ends up putting the team in the exact same situation next year.

I said it long before and i'm sticking with it now....within a few weeks, Kaepernick will be the starter. Just got to hold my breath that he doesn't get hurt. I know he won't be productive in any consistent manner. I cannot stress it any more than this....I would rather start Gabbert at his absolute worst for the remainder of the season, than go with Kaepernick at any point this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it long before and i'm sticking with it now....within a few weeks, Kaepernick will be the starter. Just got to hold my breath that he doesn't get hurt. I know he won't be productive in any consistent manner. I cannot stress it any more than this....I would rather start Gabbert at his absolute worst for the remainder of the season, than go with Kaepernick at any point this year.

It is looking more that way. We'll see. I think this coming game is critical. The offense needs to show better against Dallas at home.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i get the gist but then again, for sure we'll lose more than we win without change. opponents now have a lot of film on Gabbert and know he doesn't have strengths. even the 'lesser' teams can prepare for him very well.

i agree Kaep isn't good either, but at least opponents don't know what he'll do in THIS offense?

would i risk Kaep getting hurt? yes, if Ponder isn't ready yet in this scheme, and the change is soon. we would be hard pressed to play Kaep at say, after the bye.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is looking more that way. We'll see. I think this coming game is critical. The offense needs to show better against Dallas at home.

Just about the only thing you can say remotely positive about Gabbert/offense is that they've started with 3 of the toughest defenses they'll probably see this year. Dallas is the first suspect defense, and if they can't do anything at home against that, well we can all draw our own conclusions.

Facing upper echelon defenses to start the season still doesn't excuse Gabbert because he's not a legit starter in this league. Never has been, never will be, and quite frankly, I was a little bit surprised to see the hope put upon a guy.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree Kaep isn't good either, but at least opponents don't know what he'll do in THIS offense?

I just don't buy into what Kaepernick would do in 'this offense.' People say he's perfect for the system....really? Kaepernick is a quick read/quick release QB with accuracy? To me, it's the last bit of hope (because we haven't seen it) when all the signs that he's just regressed to a point of no return. The entire league had an opportunity to get him in a trade, and it looks as if Denver were the only ones interested. Of course, there was the whole pay deduction issue which nixed that deal.

would i risk Kaep getting hurt? yes, if Ponder isn't ready yet in this scheme, and the change is soon. we would be hard pressed to play Kaep at say, after the bye.

The risk/reward side of it makes no sense to me. Kaepernick at full health might get us another win or two. When even the most staunch supporters of the guy say he's 'not the answer/not the future' then why put him out there in the first place? To go 5-11 instead of 4-12...when the possibility is that he gets hurt again, and takes up space on the roster again next year with his starting salary hit, while he's surely on the bench.

I really want someone to explain the win situation in this?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in event of injury to #1, he can go in......IN EVENT OF INJURY. As Kelly explained, he doesn't think Kaep is ready for an entire game. anyway, i was responding specifically to the second part, but i went ahead and responded to the first part here.

this is not saying i don't want a change or that Kaep shouldn't play at all, just saying you don't make haphazard decisions with Kaep due to his cap situation.

BTW - who didn't know this team would struggle this season? you seem to be surprised, are you? you seem to be surprised we're not getting good QB play, are you surprised?
Yes but if he isnt ready and front office doesnt want him to get hurt so why have him active at all. Make Ponder your #2. This is what is crazy. If he is your #2 that means he is ready. No more excuses.

I really think Kelly is making excuses to cover Baalke back. Well he is running out of excuses. Like someone said he was healthy to play in preseason game 3 and 4 but not ok to ply in Week 4 of the season. Oh Ok this makes sense. LOL

I cant believe some people are buying this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how many times I need to say this but I'll do it again.

I'm not defending him against other QBs. I'm saying that he's better than a certain QB who shouldn't even be considered a QB in this league: Kaepernick. Gabbert is better than Kaepernick and the stats show this. And once again, I don't think highly of Gabbert either. He's not good. And I hope you understand the severity of the situation when the quarterbacks on our roster got beaten decisively...by Blaine fucking Gabbert. That's how bad Kaepernick is. He was beaten out by the quarterback that you keep criticizing, and believe me, I'm no fan of Gabbert.

You know who else we have seen? Kaepernick. He's terrible, he is regressing, and you agree that he needs to be cut. We've seen a whole hell of a lot of him and it hasn't gotten any prettier. I don't have much confidence at all in Gabbert, and I never have, but I'd much rather go with the relatively new pile of shit than the established piece of shit we had starting for several years. We know exactly what we have in Kaepernick, and it's god awful. We know slightly less about Gabbert, but yes, that's awful too. Just not as awful.

In case I haven't been clear, here is what I would like to see in order of my approval.

1) Cut every single QB on this roster and start fresh.

2) Let Gabbert keep starting.

3) Ponder

4) Watch Fat Tony taking a shit after Taco Tuesday.

5) Put Kaepernick in.
ITS 100% FACT GABBERT IS NOT THE ANSWER. get that through your head. Everyone in the football world has said even players from the other team. Kap and Ponder are 100% a better option. Im a better option right now. Reason we havent seen them yet.

I guess you dont watch 49ers games. U probably watch it on your computer so you dont know how bad Gabbert is really playing.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITS 100% FACT GABBERT IS NOT THE ANSWER. get that through your head. Everyone in the football world has said even players from the other team. Kap and Ponder are 100% a better option. Im a better option right now. Reason we havent seen them yet.

I guess you dont watch 49ers games. U probably watch it on your computer so you dont know how bad Gabbert is really playing.

I never said that Gabbert is the answer.

Gabbert has played with started for us for less than one year. Kaepernick played for 4 years. We know more about Kaepernick than we do about Gabbert. I agree with you that Kaepernick needs to be cut immediately and replaced with a different option.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that Gabbert is the answer.

Gabbert has played with started for us for less than one year. Kaepernick played for 4 years. We know more about Kaepernick than we do about Gabbert. I agree with you that Kaepernick needs to be cut immediately and replaced with a different option.
Yes and Kap has had a better career. Yes Gabbert looked a little better last year but that is with a bad Coaching staff and a bad Oline and playing with injuries. We already went over this.

Its about Now. Gabbert sucks and looks really bad. Change is needed and Like I said I dont care if its Kap or Ponder. Anything is better then Gabbert right now.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Kap has had a better career. Yes Gabbert looked a little better last year but that is with a bad Coaching staff and a bad Oline and playing with injuries. We already went over this.

Its about Now. Gabbert sucks and looks really bad. Change is needed and Like I said I dont care if its Kap or Ponder. Anything is better then Gabbert right now.

Gabbert looked better than Kaepernick in every single category last year and in the preseason this year. Kaepernick has shown that he is regressing, as you agreed, and there is absolutely no reason to believe he will perform any better. Chip Kelly even stated that Kaep is not physically ready right now anyway. So again, no reason to believe Kaep will perform any better. The facts clearly show that.

I've already explained that it makes no sense to blame the coaching staff and the Oline. Gabbert played with the same shitty coaching staff and the same shitty Oline and did better. What do you call it when a player walks into the exact same shitty situation and out-performs the other guy in every single category? It's called being better. Kaepernick is so terrible that he rightfully lost his starting job to a guy as shitty as Blaine Gabbert. That's pretty terrible of Kaepernick. That's how bad he is.

Right NOW there is no reason to believe Kaepernick will do any better. But I'm good with a change. Let's cut Kaepernick and bring someone else in, I'm in complete agreement with you there. Any idiot off the street, and we can put him in behind center. That idiot will definitely be better than Kaepernick, and probably be better than Gabbert. Deal. Let's do that. Like you said, we should cut Kaepernick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert looked better than Kaepernick in every single category last year and in the preseason this year. Kaepernick has shown that he is regressing, as you agreed, and there is absolutely no reason to believe he will perform any better. Chip Kelly even stated that Kaep is not physically ready right now anyway. So again, no reason to believe Kaep will perform any better. The facts clearly show that.

I've already explained that it makes no sense to blame the coaching staff and the Oline. Gabbert played with the same shitty coaching staff and the same shitty Oline and did better. What do you call it when a player walks into the exact same shitty situation and out-performs the other guy in every single category? It's called being better. Kaepernick is so terrible that he rightfully lost his starting job to a guy as shitty as Blaine Gabbert. That's pretty terrible of Kaepernick. That's how bad he is.

Right NOW there is no reason to believe Kaepernick will do any better. But I'm good with a change. Let's cut Kaepernick and bring someone else in, I'm in complete agreement with you there. Any idiot off the street, and we can put him in behind center. That idiot will definitely be better than Kaepernick, and probably be better than Gabbert. Deal. Let's do that. Like you said, we should cut Kaepernick.
I dont care about last year. Career tells you who the player is especially when they are around the same age. Last year was a joke. Both players were bad. Its makes 100% sense to blame them. its common sense.

Yes he was better then Kap in 1 year. Kap was also hurt. Last time I checked when Kap played with a good Oline we went to the superbowl. (not saying we will make it this year). Just stating with time in the pocket Kap isnt bad.

Yes I dont care who the next man in is. As of right now Kap is the #2 so he is next in line unless something changes.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care about last year. Career tells you who the player is especially when they are around the same age. Last year was a joke. Both players were bad. Its makes 100% sense to blame them. its common sense.

Yes he was better then Kap in 1 year. Kap was also hurt. Last time I checked when Kap played with a good Oline we went to the superbowl. (not saying we will make it this year). Just stating with time in the pocket Kap isnt bad.

Yes I dont care who the next man in is. As of right now Kap is the #2 so he is next in line unless something changes.

"I dont care about last year."

You should. Kaepernick is regressing and has for the last 4 years in a row. You even acknowledged this. Last year just shows the end point of the regression as it currently is. It's more useful to look at where he currently is (because he's regressing) than to look at his career stats of where he was. Again, he has continued to regress. Gabbert has not had the same downward pattern.

"Its makes 100% sense to blame them. its common sense."

No it doesn't. That's not even a variable in this situation since it's exactly the same for both quarterbacks. Again, Gabbert did better with the exact same situation. So what we can conclude is that Gabbert was better with a shitty offensive line and a shitty coaching staff. I guess that means Gabbert would probably do better this year too.

"Kap was hurt"

This is at least a variable here considering that the situation was different when he was hurt and when he wasn't hurt. Personally, I'm not buying it. His efficiency has regressed each year and unless you can show me that he was gradually getting more injured each year, I don't see this as a valid excuse to defend Kaepernick. He sucks. His offense may have gradually gotten worse, but Gabbert came right in, with no experience in our system, and made Kaep look even more terrible by comparison.

"Just stating with time in the pocket Kap isnt bad. "

The numbers show otherwise. You can't blame all of his deficiencies on his supporting cast because Gabbert has done better with the same supporting cast. Kaepernick can't read a defense and he's inaccurate. He's pretty much an athlete playing a football position that takes a level of skill that he does not, and will never have.

"Yes I dont care who the next man in is. As of right now Kap is the #2 so he is next in line"

We have already seen what he can do and it makes no sense to go back to that. I do care who the next guy is. I want someone not named Kaepernick. I agree with you that we should cut him and put someone else in. You're 100% correct about that.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said we should cut Kap and draft a QB.

You want Kaepernick cut and you want us to make a change at quarterback. We're in complete agreement here. You were totally right. We need to cut Kaepernick and throw some other person in there.

100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.