• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 6.19.15 The Hu-tub time machine: A teenage Panda sexting, the early 90's Jays & 8 Royal all stars

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Holt is a super utility guy but dammit what else can he do in order to get him a permanent starting job!!

He's probably the best player on the team right now. He's playing every day and excelling in that role. All the "phenoms" can wait another day. Holt is killing it in the leadoff spot.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whale sharks have no teeth. they are omnivores...just filter sea water thru their mouths.
Lame. If you have "shark" in your name, you should be tearing stuff to shreds with your razor like teeth. Or at least some good maiming.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing as was the 0-1 balk off loss at LAD, that game was also somewhat curiously spectacular. File away the name Anthony Ranaudo, along with those of Nick Martinez and Chi Chi Gonzales. Or not.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell is going on in baseball?

This Royals shit is crazy. I'm usually not one to bitch about All-Star selections because I believe it is a game for the fans and the fans vote for who they want to see, but this is insane. Following are the Royals leading the votes along with their OPS and WAR rankings of AL players qualified at their position:

C - Sal Perez - OPS: 4th out of 4 - WAR: 3rd out of 4
1B - Eric Hosmer - OPS: 5th out of 12 - WAR: 4th out of 12
2B - Omar Infante - OPS: 11th out of 11 - WAR: Tied with 3 others for 8th out of 11 @ zero point fucking one
3B - Mike Moustakas - OPS: 3rd out of 13 - WAR: 3rd out of 13
SS - Alcides Escobar - OPS: 4th out of 9 - WAR: 4th out of 27
OF1 - Lorenzo Cain - OPS: 11th out of # - WAR: 2nd out of 27
OF3 - Alex Gordon - OPS: 7th out of 27 - WAR: 4th out of 27

Honorable Mention:
OF4 - Alex Fucking Rios - NOT FUCKING QUALIFIED - OPS+: 49

Not one of these rank first in OPS or WAR among their peers.

Highlights:
  • Omar Infante sucks balls, yet leads 2B by over 300k votes
  • Ranked by OPS, Sal Perez is the worst qualified catcher in the AL, yet has almost 4MM votes more than the next catcher
  • Mike Moustakas has 1.6MM more votes that Josh Donaldson.
  • Escobar leads SS's by 2.8MM votes
  • Alex Rios is currently in 4th in OF votes. This fucking guy has played 22 games and has a slash line of:
    .220/.244/.293/.537. that = retarded

I'm all for letting fans select the All-Star team, but this is fucking ridiculous. Royals fans are making a mockery of this. I guess when all the chicks in KC look like Billy Butler with long hair, there's little else to do but vote Royals to the ASG over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Royals shit is crazy. I'm usually not one to bitch about All-Star selections because I believe it is a game for the fans and the fans vote for who they want to see, but this is insane. Following are the Royals leading the votes along with their OPS and WAR rankings of AL players qualified at their position:

2B - Omar Infante - OPS: 11th out of 11 - WAR: Tied with 3 others for 8th out of 11 @ zero point fucking one

Honorable Mention:

Highlights:
  • Ranked by OPS, Sal Perez is the worst qualified catcher in the AL, yet has almost 4MM votes more than the next catcher
  • Alex Rios is currently in 4th in OF votes. This fucking guy has played 22 games and has a slash line of:

I'm all for letting fans select the All-Star team, but this is fucking ridiculous. Royals fans are making a mockery of this. I guess when all the chicks in KC look like Billy Butler with long hair, there's little else to do but vote Royals to the ASG over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
i love this. its what MLB deserved. "you can vote 35 times each for your player"

all hail KC

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honorable Mention:

Highlights:

LOL That is an unpleasant mental image!

Guess I just don't care much about the All-Star Game. Can't remember the last time I watched more than an inning or two. Does make sense to let the most deserving players play, but I can live with Royals homers deciding who starts.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yessir. i got approved for the loan i wanted. now i want AWD and the space inside with good gas mileage. (thus, the wagon...but i like wagons anyway)

this is an 04 but it is immaculate.

19EBC2E2-681A-456D-B427-84A1F74C4E93_1.jpg

19EBC2E2-681A-456D-B427-84A1F74C4E93_8.jpg

19EBC2E2-681A-456D-B427-84A1F74C4E93_27.jpg

19EBC2E2-681A-456D-B427-84A1F74C4E93_15.jpg

Soccer mom car

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB CANCELS 60 MILLION-PLUS ALL-STAR VOTES DUE TO CONCERNS ABOUT IMPROPRIETY
06.19.15 at 9:45 am ET
By Jerry Spar
Faced with the threat of having eight Royals players in the starting lineup for next month’s All-Star Game, MLB announced Thursday that up to 65 million ballots were canceled due to concerns of impropriety.

MLB Advanced Media CEO Bob Bowman told Yahoo! Sports that more than 300 million votes have been accepted, and the record of 390 million should soon be passed. Voting ends July 2.

Each fan is allowed to vote up to 35 times, but there have been cases of multiple voting accounts linked to the same IP address. Bowman said this is not the first year MLB has had to eliminate a large number of votes.

“I’m not saying we bat 1.000,” Bowman said. “But it’s between 60 [million] and 65 million votes that have been canceled. We don’t really trumpet it because if someone things they’re getting away with it, they’ll try to again.”

Royals fans have been stuffing the ballot box, putting even light-hitting second baseman Omar Infante in the lead at his position. Angels star Mike Trout was the only non-Royal in line to start.

“We scrubbed the first set of numbers incredibly thoroughly,” Bowman said. “We said, ‘Can this possibly be right? Look at all these votes for Kansas City.’ It just didn’t turn out that way.”

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB CANCELS 60 MILLION-PLUS ALL-STAR VOTES DUE TO CONCERNS ABOUT IMPROPRIETY
06.19.15 at 9:45 am ET
By Jerry Spar
Faced with the threat of having eight Royals players in the starting lineup for next month’s All-Star Game, MLB announced Thursday that up to 65 million ballots were canceled due to concerns of impropriety.

MLB Advanced Media CEO Bob Bowman told Yahoo! Sports that more than 300 million votes have been accepted, and the record of 390 million should soon be passed. Voting ends July 2.

Each fan is allowed to vote up to 35 times, but there have been cases of multiple voting accounts linked to the same IP address. Bowman said this is not the first year MLB has had to eliminate a large number of votes.

“I’m not saying we bat 1.000,” Bowman said. “But it’s between 60 [million] and 65 million votes that have been canceled. We don’t really trumpet it because if someone things they’re getting away with it, they’ll try to again.”

Royals fans have been stuffing the ballot box, putting even light-hitting second baseman Omar Infante in the lead at his position. Angels star Mike Trout was the only non-Royal in line to start.

“We scrubbed the first set of numbers incredibly thoroughly,” Bowman said. “We said, ‘Can this possibly be right? Look at all these votes for Kansas City.’ It just didn’t turn out that way.”
hahhahahahah

francis' online vote bots failed

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were getting that BMW
i was, my original financing fell thru so i went to another bank. bmw got sold. im looking at more cars tomorrow. they have another bmw.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love this. its what MLB deserved. "you can vote 35 times each for your player"

all hail KC

Good point. I wonder if they'll make any changes after this bullshit.

You can vote up to 35 times online, but is there any limit to how many of those ballots they hand out at the parks you can turn in? I don't think they could keep track of that.

Sal Perez has more votes than any other player in the AL - Sal Perez.

Oh, I also forgot to list Kendrys Morales.

Collectively, the Royals I listed plus Morales have gotten just shy of 52MM votes. I think they've got a team of Mexicans filling out ballots at the park, hundreds of thousands a day. That would explain why all the votes for the Royals' Mexican catcher.

Another theory is that maybe the Cardinals loaned the Royals their hackers who went to work on the ASG voting site.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL That is an unpleasant mental image!

Guess I just don't care much about the All-Star Game. Can't remember the last time I watched more than an inning or two. Does make sense to let the most deserving players play, but I can live with Royals homers deciding who starts.

Ultimately, I really don't mind either, but this is over the top.

There have been plenty of cases where popular players (particularly from nationally popular teams) get voted on over players that are more deserving. I don't have any problem with that, it's what the fans want. What's going on with the Royals isn't that. No one wants to see Alex Rios in the ASG, yet there he is. This is a bunch of crackers from MO rocking the vote.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday, Jacob deGrom (6/19)

The New York Mets' Jacob deGrom will celebrate his 27th birthday on the mound at Turner Field.

DeGrom (7-4, 2.33 ERA) opposes Atlanta Braves right-hander Matt Wisler in the prospect's major league debut at 7:35 p.m. ET Friday.

DeGrom is 4-0 with a 1.25 ERA and .162 opponent batting average in his past six starts.

LGM!!!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in favor of the absurdity at this point

That's surprising. . .

It'd be somewhat amusing if the Royals made it to the World Series but lost Home Field Advantage because their fans voted scrubs to the AL All-Star team. Be even more amusing if they won every home game and lost every away game of that series.