• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I didn't get to see much of the game. Went to see Super Troopers 2.

I, like @TurnUpTheHeat was pleasantly surprised as I saw bits of the first half and saw the Pacers were down 17.

I loved Super Troopers 1, was it any good? Most comedy sequels suck ass (like Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, etc for example)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Rose only had what, 2 really good season & never won anything but 1 MVP, right? So maybe that's not the best comparison.

Rose had 3 really good seasons. He also won an MVP (that really should've went to Lebron).

You have me lost right now. Because the premise here is that you're crowning Irving already has a HOF player (he's getting there). But if his career were to end tomorrow, he's not getting. Again, during Rose's apex before his knee injuries, people were already saying that Rose would get into the HOF (on his then current pace). But injuries derailed him.

This doesn't need to be a long-winded discussion turned into in-depth science project. Rose had HOF potential but injuries derailed him. Kyrie Irving has HOF potential and has significant injuries in his career. Neither are in the HOF yet, Irving still has a chance. Rose doesn't.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Super Troopers 1, was it any good? Most comedy sequels suck ass (like Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, etc for example)

2 was good. It makes fun of Canadians so I'm biased. My best friend is as Canadian as it gets and it hit on so many things where I kept saying "Oh yeah, my fucking French-Canadian douche of a friend does that annoying shit as well".

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose had 3 really good seasons. He also won an MVP (that really should've went to Lebron).

You have me lost right now. Because the premise here is that you're crowning Irving already has a HOF player (he's getting there). But if his career were to end tomorrow, he's not getting. Again, during Rose's apex before his knee injuries, people were already saying that Rose would get into the HOF (on his then current pace). But injuries derailed him.

This doesn't need to be a long-winded discussion turned into in-depth science project. Rose had HOF potential but injuries derailed him. Kyrie Irving has HOF potential and has significant injuries in his career. Neither are in the HOF yet, Irving still has a chance. Rose doesn't.
Well for the record, this was already a long-winded discussion that you joined - so there's that.

Again, my point is this is not a good comparison. Derrick Rose has only played 495 games in his career, while Kyrie has already played 441. Rose was drafted in '08/'09, Irving in '11/'12. That's 3 years difference, and Irving already has the better stat line in EVERY category. Oh, and Kyrie has a ring.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Stephenson on the job Bojan Bogdanovic did on offense (30 points) and defending LeBron:

"He did an excellent job. I'll give him an 100 on the test. He did a good job on LeBron and hit open shots. Attacked. We seen he could do that throughout the the season. But for him to do that in the playoffs is amazing. Bogey manned up."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for the record, this was already a long-winded discussion that you joined - so there's that.

Again, my point is this is not a good comparison. Derrick Rose has only played 495 games in his career, while Kyrie has already played 441. Rose was drafted in '08/'09, Irving in '11/'12. That's 3 years difference, and Irving already has the better stat line in EVERY category. Oh, and Kyrie has a ring.

In his apex, Rose never had the opportunity to win a ring. HOF is based on individual credentials for the most part. Rose had a league MVP in his name, Kyrie didn't. Again, before the knee injuries Rose was considered one of the best players in the league and HOF bound.

This really doesn't require another response.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out George Hill's back kept him out of the 2nd half. I thought it was odd he wasn't out there after such a good 1st half.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the postgame stuff. Every single question was fishing the "no help" narrative. LeBron wasn't having it. He handled it well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers will not win another game in this series.
giphy.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we were debating whether his teams were loaded. You specifically said he went to 4 Finals without playing with a HOF'er. Let's stay on topic here.

Kyrie Irving so far has all of one All-NBA award under his belt. A 3rd team award.

How in the world do you think he is a Hall of Famer?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so whom from his era is gonna take his spot? Because that would also be a supporting factor if none of them have better careers, yes?

Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Chris Paul

All of them are EASILY ahead of Irving in HoF consideration.