• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Kyrie has a long way to go in terms of longevity. Unless he's going to win a couple titles in the next 2 years, he's gonna have to keep it up for a good while longer.
Why? He doesn't have to win titles to be inducted into the hall. My point is he's pretty much there in terms of his body of work. Playing longer only solidifies that it happens.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He doesn't have to win titles to be inducted into the hall. My point is he's pretty much there in terms of his body of work. Playing longer only solidifies that it happens.

If he got hit by a bus tomorrow he would be close but no cigar. It's fair to say if he plays a few more years at this level (and his knee lets him) he gets in. Still doesn't make LeBron's Cavs' teams particularly 'loaded'. The current Warriors, LeBron's Heat, 90s Bulls, 80s Celtics and Lakers. Those teams were loaded.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Historically, HOF requires either a long career OR a flurry of titles / significant hardware (like MVP)

BBref has Kyries HOF probability at 36% right now. Nothing wrong with his stats, and the 2016 title definitely helps. But he's going to need to keep it up for awhile. IF his career turns out to be short, he'll need more hardware than 1 ring to get in. Which is why he isn't a lock right now.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got hit by a bus tomorrow he would be close but no cigar. It's fair to say if he plays a few more years at this level (and his knee lets him) he gets in. Still doesn't make LeBron's Cavs' teams particularly 'loaded'. The current Warriors, LeBron's Heat, 90s Bulls, 80s Celtics and Lakers. Those teams were loaded.
I don't think we were debating whether his teams were loaded. You specifically said he went to 4 Finals without playing with a HOF'er. Let's stay on topic here.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, HOF requires either a long career OR a flurry of titles / significant hardware (like MVP)

BBref has Kyries HOF probability at 36% right now. Nothing wrong with his stats, and the 2016 title definitely helps. But he's going to need to keep it up for awhile. IF his career turns out to be short, he'll need more hardware than 1 ring to get in. Which is why he isn't a lock right now.
And so whom from his era is gonna take his spot? Because that would also be a supporting factor if none of them have better careers, yes?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we were debating whether his teams were loaded. You specifically said he went to 4 Finals without playing with a HOF'er. Let's stay on topic here.

Well, I'll concede a bit. As I said, Kyrie is not a for sure HOFer, but his chances are good.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your imaginary friends don't count since they're ALWAYS stuck in your world. :lol:

Meh. Try harder. Last word freak confirmed.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Try harder. Last word freak confirmed.
This reeks of: "I have nothing so I will act like it wasn't a good comeback instead of trying harder myself". I will accept this as your "white flag" my friend. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reeks of: "I have nothing so I will act like it wasn't a good comeback instead of trying harder myself". I will accept this as your "white flag" my friend. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I will accept your continued posting as proof that you can't walk away... :heh:

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will accept your continued posting as proof that you can't walk away... :heh:
Why would one need proof of that today? EVERYONE here knows I will keep going. It's ok to admit you don't have anything left. :heh:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the "Lebron's supporting cast is not enough" narrative is so annoying

It's a short-sighted approach to judging talent in this series. But all-star count gives Cleveland the nod 2-1; one of which is being often times put as a better player than MJ.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. On his present course, Kyrie's getting into the HOF. But he needs to stay healthy.

Guys were anointing Derrick Rose into the HOF; but his knees were so brittle and he never expanded his game that now he's basically worthless as an NBA player - not athletic enough anymore to be a guy that can get to the pain regularly and not a good perimeter shooter.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, but they have enough to get the job done vs the Pacers. If they don't, it means the players and/or coaching staff didn't do their job well, imo.
Are you sure?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I didn't get to see much of the game. Went to see Super Troopers 2.

I, like @TurnUpTheHeat was pleasantly surprised as I saw bits of the first half and saw the Pacers were down 17.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. On his present course, Kyrie's getting into the HOF. But he needs to stay healthy.

Guys were anointing Derrick Rose into the HOF; but his knees were so brittle and he never expanded his game that now he's basically worthless as an NBA player - not athletic enough anymore to be a guy that can get to the pain regularly and not a good perimeter shooter.
But, Rose only had what, 2 really good season & never won anything but 1 MVP, right? So maybe that's not the best comparison.